Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42502 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #1155 on: November 10, 2014, 01:29:32 pm »

"Very well."

As the headed outside, Einar was clearly nervous, but when they were in relative privacy, he turned and stared at Colt for a few seconds, before sighing.

"I... Look, I'm no good at all of this. But... I've been treating you in an unfair manner. Regardless of... things, above all we're companions. I was quick to assume you were just like the many other nobles who treated me like trash and so I treated you as such. And... to be honest, you didn't give me much reason to think beyond that. But that doesn't excuse my behavior. Regardless of anything else, I should have been fair to you and given you the respect that I give any of our other companions. So... I... Ah dammit, no easy way to say this, I wanted to say I was sorry."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 10, 2014, 09:24:08 pm »

The tone of Einar's voice set Colt on edge. He listened as patiently that he could and then immediately flew into a rant the second he could get a word in. The words started slow, building into a rapid fire assault as Colt became angrier.

: 'Stop. Just... Stop."

: "Don't you dare say another word. If you were wondering if I was treating you like trash, it was because I was treating you like trash. I treated you all like common goats with no regard to my own jackassery. Even the Lady Eleanore. Further dissertations on my failings. My ineptitude got another of our team killed and has continually thought to undermine the safety of our vanguard. If I had been there at the valley instead of prancing along through the woods with some... foppish freak of a hedge mage, I could have saved Halldora. Eleanore only survived by mere skin of our teeth then. That situation goes without mentioning the wounds that Jorund and Cidney incurred during our last battle. It was by sheer luck alone that I was able to take down Baron Layverque after missing that first shot. In those situations and more, I have failed this group and I have failed Lady Eleanore. So don't you say a single whisper of apology to me. I. Don't. Deserve. It."

Breathing heavily, he gave Einar a pointed look like a dagger and glared at the nomad.

: "I will make this right. Then, and only then will I deserve an apology from you."

The mage suddenly drew in a sharp breath and made a vague attempt to compose himself. He turned and clutched the veins popping out of his head tightly.

: "...If... If the lady asks, tell her I've gone on a walk. I... I need to clear my head."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 10, 2014, 11:03:21 pm »

"You think you're the only one who messed up? The only one who could have done better? I was right there. I watched her fall. And I still couldn't do anything. So don't go talking to me about could have done, should have done. If you hadn't found that mage, NONE OF US would have survived that fight. If it wasn't for you, Jorund and Cidney might have died in that last battle. You're not responsible for the entire team. You also weren't the only one who was a jackass. Just because I'm not a noble doesn't mean I can't be a jackass. So go on your walk. But I'm sticking with my apology. Nothing you say will make me take it back."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 10, 2014, 11:09:08 pm »

Jorund seemed unsure what to do with himself and made several false starts to either leave the tent or sit down somewhere, before finally turning to Eleonore and Asoth.

"...Prince OK? Need anything? Can bring stuff. Tend horse, crops. Cut trees. Hunt."

His offer was completely sincere.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:02 am »

: "Einar... Enough."

: "Hog's spit. Lay about. Manure. Worthless trash. Little jackass. Tiny freak. The useless one. Ignorant donkey. Ungrateful dog. Coward. Plow monkey. Puke stain. Filthy child. Fire tinder. Whipping boy. Spawn of your mother's womb."

Colt spat and clutched his head again.

: "...If you ever wanted to insult me, know that someone had been doing that a good 12 years before you. I only had to put up with you for a few days. I have a rich lifetime of much worse abuse with the man I was supposed to call my "step father" back on the plains of Eferia. That's... You... You just don't compete. Consider that a compliment."

: "I-... I'm sorry. I'm getting carried away again... But... I... I want to prove him wrong. I need to prove him wrong. That... I'm worth something. It's childish, I know. But feel like I need something I can point to and say that I'm not a failure. If only for my own sake. I realize that we've all made mistakes... But I'm tired of mine holding me back. I'm tired of people fighting, and people dying. I'm ready to... Move on. Do you have any what I'm saying?"
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 16, 2014, 05:09:55 pm »

Einar sighed.

"The reason I came out here was to apologize and try to tell you that I plan to treat you better in the future. We're both here to protect eh Lady and we'll do a better job at that if we're not constantly taking jabs at each other. Just... you're not a failure, ok? You have proven that over and over again here. Regardless of our failures, you have succeeded so far. And soon... hopefully soon we will have succeeded in getting the Lady where she needs to be."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 16, 2014, 08:00:02 pm »

Cidney, meanwhile, walked a bit out from the rest of the group. Not far enough that he couldn't be seen by some of them, however, as he got onto his knees in front of a small fire, prodding it back to wakefulness, his silhouette a stark contrast to the glow of the flames, in the evening light. Speaking to himself, pulling off his necklace of fangs and claws and looking at it as he settled down, the fire burned brighter as he fed another stick into it.

"I...I'm sorry, Theryl..."

"I'm helpin' them blodgers what killed ya...I don't got no other choice, though, not if'n I want ta head back in ta...ta the past, ain't it, now?"

A choked laugh came from the man, alone at the fire.

"Crikey...I ain't even able ta think o' this bloody place as the up-an'-comin' anny more. It's the been-an'-gone. But...I promise, Theryl. I'm still ripping to make this roight. Ya won't be alone forever, mate....I'll send the bloody wankers ta join ya."

He was silent for a short time, as he tried to avoid crying. Not here...not now...he was still needed.

"You farkin' mug...I...I miss you. I...I...."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 16, 2014, 10:42:52 pm »

: "Then... We are in agreement. All that matters now is protecting the Lady Eleanore. I... We've... We've caused just about enough trouble with our own personal quarrelling... I'll find some way to make it up to you when we get back to Eferia."

: "Eferia... Back to a time and place that makes sense."

Colt rubbed his head in frustration.

: "But... even if we did make it back.... What then? Rivan is possibly invading as we speak in our own time and we know the ending of that story. Eferia will fall into ruin and Rivan will rise into a mighty nation. And even if we did appease the Prince of that age and change the past, we'd be selling off the Lady Eleanore to do so."

He hesitated.

: "I... I'm not so certain I could do that."
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 16, 2014, 10:46:22 pm »

Einar hesitated, not sure if he should bring up his theory again but decided against it. In the end he settled for simply saying,

"We'll figure it out. Don't worry. Somehow, we'll figure it out and protect the lady as we do. Protect everyone we can."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 16, 2014, 11:01:32 pm »

: "Right. No more deaths..."

The young mage turned to leave; but hesitated just before he could walk out of earshot.

: "Einar. I suspect we aren't quite done fighting yet. They wouldn't have asked us if we needed more weapons if we were weren't going to go into battle once more. If you ever should need my aid... Don't hesitate to call. I... I trust you shall do the same."
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 16, 2014, 11:09:06 pm »

"Of course. If you need me, just say so. I'll be there as quick as I can."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 16, 2014, 11:28:57 pm »

For his part, Colt merely nodded respectably. There was no more need for words between them. It was strange how things had come out to work for the two of them. Thus he departed the place where and he and Einar had stood. Nonetheless however, his mind was still busy and racing. His feet started to walk but then halted suddenly. Lady Eleanore. If any one had received the worst of this campaign, it was undoubtedly her. When this mission had begun, Colt had felt a mute discontent with the Lady, a broad disrespect for the woman who didn't stand a chance at being queen and was at best destined to be a trophy wife for Rivan. Now there only a broad pang of guilt remained.

Colt had spent much of his time airing his own petty trifles at the first circumstances made available. She had suffered in silence. Yet... She still kept going, even after her best friend since birth... No. This would not do at all. He turned immediately back to the camp without a moments hesitation. He needed to speak to her immediately and set about trying to ascertain her location.
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 19, 2014, 11:03:30 am »

Colt found Princess in Prince's tent. The Prince himself was busy writing documents.

"And the horse?"

"There will be one ready in the morning.

"Good, we appreciate the supplies you gave us."

Colt promotes to Mage Knight, gains Slim Sword and Heal staff!
Cidney gains Flux tome!
Einar gains Iron Blade and Steel Longbow!
All PCs gain Vulnerary (3/3)! Colt drops Concoction (1/3) and Cidney drops Flux (28/45) due to inventory limits.

The Princess then spotted Colt back in the tent.

"Oh, Colt. You're not asleep?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 19, 2014, 11:52:22 am »

Colt shakes his head.

: "No... I'm still awake. As are you it seems. I just wanted to check in on you to see if you were alright. These last few days have been trying to say the least and... To be put it bluntly I worry about your condition. And I suppose our condition as well.

He gave her a meaningful look and gestured broadly to their surroundings; trying to bring attention to the fact that they weren't anywhere near Eferia both in time and distance.
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 19, 2014, 12:26:09 pm »

Jorund was also still in the tent, despite having gotten no response from the prince; he simply didn't have anywhere else to go, so he just stuck around to guard the pair of them. He raised a hand in greeting at Colt when he came in.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79