Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Necromancers, Shadows, and Octopi (Suggestion Game)  (Read 11259 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancers, Shadows, and Octopi (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2014, 09:41:05 pm »

> Maybe we could use leaves for a proof of concept flight, even if they're not durable enough to use long?

> Tammy has a *point* about undead being creepy. PR is our biggest weakness, we should work of making them look less creepy! Maybe paint them in bright colors and carving their grimmest features to look more cartoonish?

Zombie clowns?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2014, 10:59:14 pm »

> Tammy has a *point* about undead being creepy. PR is our biggest weakness, we should work of making them look less creepy! Maybe paint them in bright colors and carving their grimmest features to look more cartoonish?
The solution would be to dress them in clothes and to make them goofy masks, but I'm afraid we don't really have the materials for that.

Right now, the priority should be basic survival over experimentation and messing around.
Construct better tools for the farmer-skeleton. Make note of what we have been drinking, and whether or not the source is usable dring winter.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2014, 10:02:22 am »

Meditate for mana, train minion skill, train for a higher minion cap, train for a higher mana regen, train for a higher mana cap.

Try to reanimate a fully intact corpse of a small animal.

Try to make a human sized humanoid skeleton out of carved animal bones.

Try to make a miniature humanoid skeleton out of carved animal bones.

Attempt to reanimate them.

Work on control matrices.

Keep expanding the farm.

Say hai to Godcat. Fondly recall the entire Homestuck webcomic and that shocking ending.

Build relationships with friends.

Be the Pony. Eat some grass.

Waste time doing inane nonsense.

Kevak, stop writing every inane idea that comes to your mind.
+1 to these, and FTFY.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2014, 02:39:50 pm »

One or more of Kevak's suggestions might not be the wisest course of action, and I'm not saying any '-1's or any real alternative plans.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2014, 03:30:44 pm »

Which ones are qualified as bad ideas? The time wasting ones? The cat summoning one? The obviously nonsensical ones?

Lets nix those, they were more of a joke then anything else.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2014, 04:16:24 pm »

Meditate for mana, train minion skill, train for a higher minion cap, train for a higher mana regen, train for a higher mana cap.
+1
Pointless. -1
Interesting. +1
Interesting. +1
A logical step forwards. +1
+1
Keep expanding the farm.
We can have the skeleton do that.
See if a pile of reanimated bone dust would be able to move around.
Doubtful. This is a 'if we have time to waste' thing.
Say hai to Godcat. Fondly recall the entire Homestuck webcomic and that shocking ending.
No, we don't want to piss off the diety, even if we could talk to Godcat. Homestuck is far too long to waste time thinking about. -1
+1
Do character building random useless fluff.
+1
Attempt to make a bike out of random detritus and wood. Fail miserably at building it.
No. -1
see above. -1
see above. -1
Make a ring out of grass.
see above. -1
Make daisy chains. Lots and lots of daisy chains.
see above. -1
See if Godcat will grant us a cat.
see above. -1
Cat, be a dimensionally displaced cranky and cynical British person.
see above. -1
Cat, be able to talk.
see above. -1
Cat, complain about everything. Loudly.
see above. -1
Alex, think cat is adorable.
see above. -1
Cat, have an eccentric name.
see above. -1
Alex, call him Ms. Fluffykins.
see above. -1
Cat, be male.
see above. -1
+1
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2014, 06:18:39 pm »

Awesome so far  :D
PTW

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2014, 07:10:30 pm »

+1
Pointless. -1
Interesting. +1
Interesting. +1
A logical step forwards. +1
+1
Keep expanding the farm.
We can have the skeleton do that.
See if a pile of reanimated bone dust would be able to move around.
Doubtful. This is a 'if we have time to waste' thing.
No, we don't want to piss off the diety, even if we could talk to Godcat. Homestuck is far too long to waste time thinking about. -1
+1
Do character building random useless fluff.
+1
Attempt to make a bike out of random detritus and wood. Fail miserably at building it.
No. -1
see above. -1
see above. -1
Make a ring out of grass.
see above. -1
Make daisy chains. Lots and lots of daisy chains.
see above. -1
See if Godcat will grant us a cat.
see above. -1
Cat, be a dimensionally displaced cranky and cynical British person.
see above. -1
Cat, be able to talk.
see above. -1
Cat, complain about everything. Loudly.
see above. -1
Alex, think cat is adorable.
see above. -1
Cat, have an eccentric name.
see above. -1
Alex, call him Ms. Fluffykins.
see above. -1
Cat, be male.
see above. -1

Just go with this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2014, 07:40:05 pm »

Sorry for the delays. Not sure when I'll get a turn up, as I need to get to drawing for a learning thread.

Earlier, I was thinking about how I haven't really written Alex as having a primarily mischievous personality. I realized that I really can't fathom how to write it on someone who is actively using blasphemous magic just because they chanced upon a book, in a world where gods have power and which is at least semi-realistic. So that's out.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2014, 08:04:23 pm »

I'll give you tip with the mischievousness and how I see Alex as being written:

Just because a god states it is bad, doesn't mean the person needs to see it as bad, Alex could see it as perfectly fine and behave as such early on, after a while I could see him taking a moral event horizon shift off the deep end, but for now, he hasn't actually done anything morally wrong by his standards beyond a little bit of stealing.

What Alex sees is a book that teaches magic, he doesn't really care if some of the gods say that kind of magic is wrong, he sees some other gods saying it is fine and he himself just wants to learn the magic.

Just because it is Blasphemous to some gods, doesn't mean it is to all gods.

When it comes down to it, morals are subjective and are based on the person doing stuff. If Alex doesn't see it as wrong, then it simply isn't wrong to him and he will behave as such. If he kills someone, that may start his decent to evil, but currently, he is just learning magic and having fun.

That is how I see it as, feel free to take some of those ideas or discount them, odds are is after a point he will be completely maniacal and consider gutting someone fun, I see his morals basically stretching over time to encompass several grades of evil and qualifying them as fun.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2014, 08:20:15 pm »

Alex is a Bay 12er on a second lifetime. The preachings of a god, and one who clearly exerts power over reality yet still allows evil to exist in his own lands, aren't going to do a whole lot to shift his own views of right and wrong.

I mean from a general sanity level of "My life is fine now, aside from boredom. This is a book on magic society has labeled Evil. It did not appear here through random chance. Just reading it is dangerous, and casting any magic from it will leave me kill-on-sight by the fairly common clergy, making living in a remotely urban area suicidal. Also, the main god, who's existence I have seen evidence of, hates it, and is said to annihilate the souls of necromancers at every opportunity.

Bet I could do funny things with magic. Necromancy, here I come!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2014, 08:58:43 pm »

Ah.

That makes more sense.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2014, 09:02:10 pm »

The way *I* see it, we're doing this for the greater good. I don't care if this guy lives in the sky and has magic powers and calls himself "god", it's still just an asshole dictator who's keeping people in poverty and forbidding tons of things for absolutely no good reason. One of those things is this new technology, which is apparently forbidden only because it's creepy looking and might provide some weak incentives towards graverobbing, which we've discovered. If we could harness it and enlighten people to join our revolution, we could overthrow him and institute a democratic magitech utopia where boney servants attend to everyones every need like those robots in wall-E, and everyone who cares to learn need never die. And, in fact, it's our moral duty to do so.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2014, 09:08:47 pm »

The way *I* see it, we're doing this for the greater good. I don't care if this guy lives in the sky and has magic powers and calls himself "god", it's still just an asshole dictator who's keeping people in poverty and forbidding tons of things for absolutely no good reason. One of those things is this new technology, which is apparently forbidden only because it's creepy looking and might provide some weak incentives towards graverobbing, which we've discovered. If we could harness it and enlighten people to join our revolution, we could overthrow him and institute a democratic magitech utopia where boney servants attend to everyones every need like those robots in wall-E, and everyone who cares to learn need never die. And, in fact, it's our moral duty to do so.

This is a good rationalization, +1.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2014, 05:00:20 am »

The preachings of a god, and one who clearly exerts power over reality yet still allows evil to exist in his own lands, aren't going to do a whole lot to shift his own views of right and wrong.
If might makes right, then this "god" is either unable to follow through on its teachings, and thus need not be listened to, or unwilling, in which case the whole system is probably some kind of elaborate ploy, and thus nothing they say should be taken at face value.
Alternatively, if might does not make right, then the point is moot and who cares what some guy with magical sky powers tells us he'll hurt us if we don't do it, especially if we have our own (thoroughly adorable) magical sky powers backer.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10