Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Enchanters of a Shrouded River Delta [Sluggish...]  (Read 3507 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a Shrouded River Delta [New Thread, Positions Available]
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 10:01:24 pm »

PTW.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »

Poke.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 10:23:56 pm »

Antagonists are active. Could use more of them. Otherwise holding at 1/4 normal player actions, 3/4 normal player roll calling, and 1 waitlister.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 12:16:35 pm »

dibs on being main antag.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 03:13:16 pm »

Gotta fill out and PM me a character sheet for that. So far somebody else is beating you in the main antagonist department. :V
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 05:46:03 pm »

dibs on being rival main antag

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 07:22:17 pm »

I don't mean to be impatient, but it has been a week. The antagonists are very active!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 10:12:38 pm »

I am actually really dumb and thought we didnt have to make a character, but, i figured that out on my own.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 10:13:37 am »

player bump

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

((Apparently there's a thread here. Who knew?
Except for those people who read the link in the last thread, the PMs we were sent, and the title of this thread...

Anyway...

FRICKIN' STONE WHY YOU NO WORK!
))

Neider continued stumping his way through town, waving his hands at various amalgamations of semi-fluid rock and cursing fluently in soldier. Stone was very good at being stubborn, and the only way to make it work was to be a combination of stubborn and meaner. The latter wasn't terribly hard, and the former was something that Gordon had a great deal of experience with.
 WORK MORE STONE HOUSES.

Of course, there was an alternate method of getting stone to do what you wanted it to do, which involving being creative enough to fool it. Hardly a field approved method, but one that was generally effective if you could summon the brainpower to outwit blunt rocks. Of course, the fact that most inept rock generally had a few dozen millennia worth of experience over an Enchanter made the actual act of outsmarting a rock much more difficult than non-geomancers tended to understand. Still, with all of the other Enchanters building their own lobs, it was perhaps time to work on his own project...

Lay out plans for a structure, to be made near the center of the planned settlement. The first story consisting solely of a reinforced dome made from warstone (a composite material of layered rocks, designed to be able to absorb significant impact, temperature differentials, and vibration without cracking or shattering) floors grown down into the soil. The first floor will be a large scale workshop, the second floor (B1) will consist of shielded labs for more dangerous workings, the second floor (B2) will, for now, be kept conspicuously empty.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

...One shameful player reporting in (also thanks so much IronyOwl for the PM. Not that I missed this thread. Just...RL stuffs. :X)

Create flood-reroute networks along the perimeters of the dock to aid against any natural phenomenon(and in general, aim to strengthen the harbor's durability).

Ari reviewed the power system and her own notes regarding the short-range teleportation device over the sounds of the thumping generator.
"Dizziness, nausea and a slight headache. Probably jetlag included."
"Jetlag?"
"Tiredness and confusion. Very temporary, though I'd figure that complimentary paper bags be included-"
"Where did you get such an idea?"
"Unen."
"Ah. So...what do you think?"
"Morale is up, the colonists are focused, and we probably need a better governor. Also you tap your feet when you're nervous."
Ari stopped tapping her feet.

"I really think we should fortify the harbor before any other flood happens. Winter is coming."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a Shrouded River Delta [Could Use More Players]
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 02:51:31 am »

Ah, so Fniff has dropped out and Lenglon will be gone for a month. Which I guess might only work out to 2-4 turns at this or its former rate, but that still leaves a few too few players for the moment.

Splosions is in, but another 1-2 enchanters might be nice. We've got more than enough antagonists waiting for me to process them as is. :x

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 03:58:03 am »

I might join later, but doing so on an ongoing game is always confusing and will take a while. I have to read up the original thread, decide if I really want to join, think of a good character design, decide a goal, make a plan, fill the sheet, and so on, all made more difficult by so much happening behind the scenes.

Finished, woo. EDIT: Added assistant.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:21:21 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 04:35:02 am »

Ah, so Fniff has dropped out and Lenglon will be gone for a month. Which I guess might only work out to 2-4 turns at this or its former rate, but that still leaves a few too few players for the moment.

Splosions is in, but another 1-2 enchanters might be nice. We've got more than enough antagonists waiting for me to process them as is. :x
I'm running for Lenglon's char--she PM'd me on it (though if you'd like, we can get Unen a rest and a replacee can get in because of interest. :) ))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 04:55:38 am »

My stance is about the same as IcyTeas except that I'll probably skip the readup and pass it off as my character being uninformed.

/e: Well then, let's have at it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Assistant now edited in and ready to go.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:42:49 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 [2] 3