Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Nexus (Suggestion Game)  (Read 14435 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Nexus (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2014, 07:37:05 pm »

Do a quick scan of the ship before lifting off, and pay attention to weird noises around you if you don't find anyone
+1

Kinda disappointed that we didn't get to decide what to do with the pilot.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 05:22:54 am »

And if you manage to automate the ship a bit, and Joey remains awake, you might want to put him in a bed and give him some ammo and a gun for safety.
This is assuming nothing's around. If something is found, check if it's hostile before shooting. Don't wanna do something rash and stupid unless it ends up being hilarious.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 05:23:21 pm »

Turn 11
<<< Turn 10 | Turn 12 >>>

You examine all parts of the ship, which consists of the cockpit, the sleeping quarters (which also seems to the be the only operating medbay), and the storage containment areas. There are no signs of any other pirates or any traps on board, so take a count of the supplies in the ship's cargo bay. The pirates loaded it about an eighth of the way, and the rest of the cargo sits out on the deck of the Deephold. You decide that you should get Joey to the nearest planet as soon as possible, so you leave it there. You close all doors on the ship, and manually take off. There is an auto pilot section on the control panel, which includes a map. The nearest planet to you, Raz, is not far from you. You set Raz as the destination and take off. While it is piloting you further inspect the interior of the ship. According to a slightly ripped up manual in a desk in the cargo area, this ship is the B-Class Light Transport Ship Julie, of the Pallark Confederation. You've never heard of the Pallark Confederation, but you aren't from the Melora sector so you shrug that off as unknown knowledge. These pirates either deserted or stole the ship, it matters not. The ship still has the paints of the Confederation, but it's ID has likely already been dropped into the warning list for most identification devices. You should make sure to contact all ships on the way. The ship doesn't have the best weaponry, but has relatively good armor and speed.

Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:49:45 pm by bsnott »
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 10:29:53 pm »

Get to the nearest inhabited planet. Save the Joe-meister.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2014, 02:59:29 pm »

Turn 12
<<< Turn 11 | Turn 13 >>>

You continue on to the capitol city of Raz, which is also named Raz, not meeting with any ships on the way. That strikes you as odd, but you shrug that off as good luck. It takes about 45 minutes to get there, and you get onto the communication system. You say into the microphone, "This is Andrew Nakano, a crewman from the Deephold Freighter. We were boarded by pirates, and we are the only two survivors that I know of. The other one needs medical attention, so we are requesting permission to land."

A female's voice replies, along with a small bit of static. "Identification systems regard your craft with warning. Disable your weapons, and you may land. Be aware that you will be greeted with armed forces upon landing and anti-air weapons will be guiding you down. Land at hangar 21."

"Alright, taking her down." you reply, putting the spacecraft into manual pilot. A few large beam weapons on the ground lock onto your craft, so you go slow. You also notice quite a few figures running towards the hangar as you descend, likely the armed forces that the woman was speaking of. You land the ship inside the hangar, and open all doors.

Suddenly, you hear a voice over a loudspeaker. "Come out with your hands up, or you will be shot!" a man's voice says. You put your arms in the air, and walk down the ramp from the Julie. A group of power-armored men with laser rifles are waiting outside, guns all pointed at you. "Where's the other survivor?" the man with the loudspeaker says.

"He's on a bed in there, in severe need of medical attention. How quickly could you get him to a hospital?" you say.

The officer replies, "He'll be fine. Bravo, secure the ship. You," he points at you, "come here, and keep your arms raised." You do as he says, and walk over to him with your hands raised. They frisk you for weapons, and the four men from 'Bravo' team come back out of the ship with a thumbs up to the officer and with Joey in their arms. "Call up an ambulance, put him in it. Alpha, keep watch of the ship. You, come with me." he points at you and gestures for you to follow him.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:53:10 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2014, 03:04:02 pm »

Simply comply and follow the officer or whoever it is.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2014, 04:16:06 pm »

+1 Ask the guy where we are and who he is.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2014, 04:18:55 pm »

Why one person? why not many people?

Just do some regular chit chat to find out more about the villagers and how things are done or what important news should be heard.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2014, 04:30:18 pm »

Why one person? why not many people?

Just do some regular chit chat to find out more about the villagers and how things are done or what important news should be heard.
...Villagers..?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2014, 05:12:35 pm »

oops wrong thread...

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2014, 09:55:09 pm »

+2
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2014, 10:56:12 pm »

You follow the man to his vehicle. It seems to be some kind of a military hovercraft. He gestures for you to get in the passenger's side, and you limp on inside. He takes the driver's seat. "What's wrong with your leg?" he asks, before taking off out of the alleyway and onto a busy street.

"I was shot, but it doesn't hurt that much." you reply. He says nothing, so you continue. "Who are you?" you ask.

"I am Major Alicut, of the Pallark Confederation's Intelligence Section. We know who you are, Andrew." he stops the hovercar in traffic.

"You're the only one. I must have amnesia or something, I don't remember anything prior to waking up after the pirates slaughtered everyone on the Deephold." you reply, wondering if he'll give you some information about yourself.

"From the intelligence we've acquired, you're some kind of a hardened veteran. I've personally read your file. Child soldier in the Argo Revolution, fighting from the age of thirteen. Evidently they tried to eliminate all of the child soldiers they used. You escaped Argo, and took out your Captain as well. I can think of two opportunities for someone with your talents. One option would be to join the Raz Tactical Defense Force, and take out nearby bandits and pirates. Another would be to join the Pallark Confederation as an elite infantryman, and fight the Reyvajik to push them out of the Melora Sector. The final option, the one that I'd personally recommend, would be to join the Intelligence Section, and become a Field Operator. This is a grand time for spies and clandestine operations, Andrew. We need to know the Reyvajik's every move, and we need to perform counter intelligence on them. There have even been rumors that they are forging alliances with nearby nations, and we've already lost two Ghost Agents trying to confirm that. It's your choice, let's hear it.

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2014, 10:56:49 pm »

Shall we queue the 007 music?

*gobbles menacingly*

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2014, 11:02:57 pm »

Ask about pay
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2014, 10:47:05 am »

"What's the payout for each of them?" you ask.

"Salaries are 70,000C for RTDF, and 100,000C for both elite infantryman and recruit agent. These are also based on the a danger scale." he replies.

*gobbles menacingly*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10