Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 74814 times)

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)
« Reply #690 on: June 11, 2014, 05:14:55 pm »

Also, Havoc and the Light of Madness are one and the same, right? I don't feel like looking through the threads to figure it out.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 11, 2014, 05:15:22 pm »

Oh hey, I just realized that I can manipulate those walls at will... This could be fun.
you're welcome.  Except they don't move from around the city.
That's what you've said about the World Tree.
You can specifically move trees.  The wall itself is there to defend the city and only for that.  By manipulate I mean able to manipulate the wall within it's dimensions.  I should probs clarify it.

Also, Havoc and the Light of Madness are one and the same, right? I don't feel like looking through the threads to figure it out.
yes

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 11, 2014, 05:21:51 pm »

Oh hey, I just realized that I can manipulate those walls at will... This could be fun.
You can specifically move trees.  The wall itself is there to defend the city and only for that.  By manipulate I mean able to manipulate the wall within it's dimensions.  I should probs clarify it.
I can reshape and move any of your creations. Most of those creations are trees, but you've created Drow, Elves, and Woodland creatures. I can reshape any of those into any shape I so desire using the Staff. (after this turn, If I were to fly off into space, and land on discord, I would be able to manipulate the wall)

This is what your creations do when you let the GM take part in creating the abilities of the Artifact

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:23:35 pm by javierpwn »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 11, 2014, 05:24:58 pm »

I can reshape and move any of your creations. Most of those creations are trees, but you've created Drow, Elves, and Woodland creatures. I can reshape any of those into any shape I so desire using the Staff. (after this turn, If I were to fly off into space, and land on discord, I would be able to manipulate the wall)

This is what your creations do when you let the GM take part in creating the abilities of the Artifact

... well then... I did not realize that... erm...

Shit.  This isn't going to end well.  I just hope you become a younger God soon so I can give it to someone else.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 11, 2014, 05:35:10 pm »

Shit.  This isn't going to end well.  I just hope you become a younger God soon so I can give it to someone else.
Judging by the criteria given by the update when it appeared, the only way for you to regain the Staff of forests would be to kill me. The staff was gifted to me as a mortal, so becoming immortal wouldn't change that fact. (unless our GM were to say do otherwise)
However, the Staff would be relatively weak when used by an immortal being, so it would be better just to pass the staff along to a mortal after ascension anyways.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 11, 2014, 05:37:38 pm »

Judging by the criteria given by the update when it appeared, the only way for you to regain the Staff of forests would be to kill me. The staff was gifted to me as a mortal, so becoming immortal wouldn't change that fact. (unless our GM were to say do otherwise)
However, the Staff would be relatively weak when used by an immortal being, so it would be better just to pass the staff along to a mortal after ascension anyways.
Precisely.

And don't mock my power, I could kill you with a thought.  Not that Wolf ever would: he is blind to the flaws of his own creations.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 11, 2014, 05:50:26 pm »

Precisely.

And don't mock my power, I could kill you with a thought.  Not that Wolf ever would: he is blind to the flaws of his own creations.
Yep. I could be killed at any moment by any of the gods. All it would take is a minor act to destroy me, or any of the other ascendants.I believe the only gods who have any IC reason to kill Galas would be Havoc and Aeterne Deus; Havoc for being the Chaos god, and Aeterne for creating Humans in the first place(but Aeterne probably wouldn't attack anyways, because of Humans creating a balance of some sort).

But all of my hideously overpowered plans don't have any IC reason for me to enact them, so there's not much to worry about anyways. Yet....
For now the only thing anyone will have to worry about would be the slaughtering of Human cities.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 11, 2014, 05:55:14 pm »

For that matter, where is everyone who needs to post a turn...

Formally requesting polite notifications be sent out to those who have neither posted their turn nor posted in this thread since the new turn went up.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 11, 2014, 05:55:31 pm »

Great, so now both me and Galas have the ability to control the wall? And Galas can also control any of Wolf's creations!? Why, wolf, why? Why would you create an object that powerful? Anyways, how exactly would you "fly off into space"? Ascendants can't do that, and I don't believe that space itself falls into the category of Wolf's creations.

EDIT: This post is just full of ? marks.... ?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 11, 2014, 06:00:02 pm »

Great, so now both me and Galas have the ability to control the wall? And Galas can also control any of Wolf's creations!? Why, wolf, why? Why would you create an object that powerful? Anyways, how exactly would you "fly off into space"? Ascendants can't do that, and I don't believe that space itself falls into the category of Wolf's creations.

Well... I didn't exactly state what I wanted the artifact to do, so the gm chose for me.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 11, 2014, 06:00:40 pm »

Anyways, how exactly would you "fly off into space"? Ascendants can't do that, and I don't believe that space itself falls into the category of Wolf's creations.

1)Manipulate the World Tree to become a Planet Cannon
2)Manipulate myself to turn grow wings and fly off into the Aether.
3)Manipulate birds to carry me off into the Aether, onto Discord
4)Save up 3 minor acts, convert to an Act, give myself the ability to fly off into space
5)Convert the World Tree again, turning it into a giant bird, fly off into space riding Giant Wooden bird
6)Ask another god a way to make me fly off into space, like Havoc

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (Short Hiatus for Graduation stuff)
« Reply #701 on: June 11, 2014, 06:01:24 pm »

Just for funzies, and to help new players catch up with the story, I compiled all of Zanzetkuken's game posts on a google doc, followed by a breakdown of each player's actions.  More to pass the time than anything else.

Here it is, if you want to read it!

Edit: I will update as the game goes along, and actions that have not been processed are not included.

Edit 2: Oh sweet merciful Armok it's 24 pages of google doc...
This should be put in the OP.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 11, 2014, 06:02:52 pm »

Anyways, how exactly would you "fly off into space"? Ascendants can't do that, and I don't believe that space itself falls into the category of Wolf's creations.

4)Save up 3 minor acts, convert to an Act, give myself the ability to fly off into space
5)Convert the World Tree again, turning it into a giant bird, fly off into space riding Giant Wooden bird
Erm...
manipulate is one thing, actually warp beyond recognition is another.

Just for funzies, and to help new players catch up with the story, I compiled all of Zanzetkuken's game posts on a google doc, followed by a breakdown of each player's actions.  More to pass the time than anything else.

Here it is, if you want to read it!

Edit: I will update as the game goes along, and actions that have not been processed are not included.

Edit 2: Oh sweet merciful Armok it's 24 pages of google doc...
This should be put in the OP.
Ah, right, I'll get around to updating that tonight.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 11, 2014, 06:04:46 pm »

For that matter, where is everyone who needs to post a turn...

Formally requesting polite notifications be sent out to those who have neither posted their turn nor posted in this thread since the new turn went up.
Me, but there won't be one for a few days - I need to gather some info for a turn in another game that I can't stop thinking about.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 11, 2014, 06:07:04 pm »

Erm...
manipulate is one thing, actually warp beyond recognition is another.
Do you prefer the term 'reshape'? Because warping something beyond recognition is something that would qualify as reshape. I think....
For example, the World Tree would be like the Launcher in a Pinball game; it would just retract until it reaches the lowest point, then springs forward, launching me as a projectile.(stopping me from splattering myself on Discord would be another problem entirely)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 52