Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 74767 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (He we go...)
« Reply #330 on: March 27, 2014, 08:40:56 pm »

Soo... I'm taking this means us younger gods are allowed to begin posting our actions?
Not quite yet. Next turn, I think.

In the meantime, read up on the thread and could you tell me what your god's spheres are?

My god's spheres are Light, Good, Order, and Longevity. His name is Aeterne Deus, and was supposed to be in opposition to the chaos god, but I was away for too long  :-\. I feel I may be destroyed in my endeavors against yon chaos god.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2014, 08:42:05 pm »

JOIN ME IN THE STURGGLE AGAINST CHAOS!  DESTROY IT ONCE AND FOR ALL OVER A PETY SLIGHT AGAINST MY TREES!!!!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2014, 08:45:36 pm »

Okay.  So usurpation takes more acts than ascendance?  Because that's what the OP says, IIRC.

Yep.  I takes more power to rip out someone else's power than to just power yourself up.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the preventing us from messing with them would use similar properties to the shield effect.  So how many acts/mighty acts do you want to put behind it?

Is what you are trying to say: Do you need to put an equal amount of acts as what the shield has in it to modify the shield?  If that is what you are saying, no.  If you are not the creator, you have to put in a power by yourself on one turn equal to a third the shield's strength, before the acts to modify.  Fail or succeed, the amount that is put in counts towards the counter of shield breakage.  If you are the creator, you don't need to spend acts to modify the shield, but you actions also count towards breaking the shield, unless you are only boosting its strength.

Avis, what are you saving your acts for?

Avis doesn't need to spend everything.  The universe would become more bland with all the creations being mostly sourced from one person.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2014, 08:51:36 pm »

No, I was asking if Avis's blocking his chosen from being affected by our powers was a shield effect.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2014, 09:01:55 pm »

No, I was asking if Avis's blocking his chosen from being affected by our powers was a shield effect.

You weren't asking that clearly, but I did give some useful information away.

Anyway, yes it would be considered a shield, and as Overgods cannot be killed, by ordinary rules, they could put up an infinite number of acts, but in order to make it fair, I am setting their maximum at 6 mighty acts.  Really high up there, but nothing like having 27 mighty acts as a shield.  Also, a god is able to make a shield on themselves, but the shields do not protect from usurping; however, they do raise how much it takes to kill you.  This next sentence applies to everything: shields are not stackable.  What's the point of a limit if you can just stack a metric ton of shields?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2014, 09:57:23 pm »

*expends a minor act to create popcorn*
*Expends a minor act to take Avis's popcorn*
*Expends a Minor Act to create a portal to Xantalos's popcorn stash*

Trickster's laughing his ass off now.
Only now?

Question the fifteenmillionth: when you say that only three younger gods can be manifest at a time, I assume that means that there can be any number of younger gods, but only three can take action per turn?
No, three younger gods initially appear, an unlimited number can exist if they ascend.
Which segues nicely into my question:
Weren't the Younger Gods supposed to appear this turn?

In the meantime, read up on the thread and could you tell me what your god's spheres are?
Resainance is Discovery.
Athemana is Atheism.
Rex is Cheftiens.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2014, 11:34:15 pm »

Odd job gods are the best gods.
Crack-a-lack-a

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2014, 11:38:03 pm »

In my own defense, Havoc started it. I may have simply overreacted... Strongly... Such as to start a war...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 27, 2014, 11:38:28 pm »

*eats all my popcorn and destroys the dimension it was in*
THERE NOW NO ONE GETS IT

Anyway, Avis, would the 'no corruption' thing that the Chosen have apply to persuasion as well? If not, can they even have thoughts?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2014, 11:40:10 pm »

They are immune to godly power. They can possibly be persuaded by a non-god-level being, I suppose. Or you could try to crack their two major act barrier.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2014, 11:43:16 pm »

They are immune to godly power. They can possibly be persuaded by a non-god-level being, I suppose. Or you could try to crack their two major act barrier.
I could; if I save up, yeah, and due to rules the Wanderer couldn't do jack to me. However, that's not my style. And if I can talk to them without using any Acts, it might work. Depends on what our Overgod thinks.
Sig! Onol

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 28, 2014, 02:38:31 am »

I could; if I save up, yeah, and due to rules the Wanderer couldn't do jack to me. However, that's not my style. And if I can talk to them without using any Acts, it might work. Depends on what our Overgod thinks.
You can talk to them, and mortals can persuade them to do stuff, as normal. It's just that a god can't say "ololo, I curse the Chosen to have antlers growing out of their butts and afflict them with magic PTSD." Unless he's willing to spend a lot of acts.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2014, 02:40:09 am »

Ah, good to know, thanks. I just wanted to see if persuading them to do what I want them to do the normal way would be stonewalled or not.
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 28, 2014, 07:37:40 am »

Weren't the Younger Gods supposed to appear this turn?

Next turn.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 28, 2014, 08:36:04 am »

Ah, good to know, thanks. I just wanted to see if persuading them to do what I want them to do the normal way would be stonewalled or not.
Your god would waste time interacting with motals?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 52