Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 74923 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (An update is finally here!)
« Reply #525 on: April 18, 2014, 01:44:06 am »

Anyway, it is me or does it feel like our actions are entirely without consequence. So far, everything that happened has had no effect whatsoever on other gods at all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 18, 2014, 01:51:56 am »

That seems to me at least because not many gods have competing populations. I'll be solving that - bringing them into conflict, that is.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 18, 2014, 03:17:04 am »

Competing populations doesn't matter, at all. I mean, aside from the other people messing with stuff thingy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 18, 2014, 09:29:51 am »

Anyway, it is me or does it feel like our actions are entirely without consequence. So far, everything that happened has had no effect whatsoever on other gods at all.
...Yeah, pretty much. That's unfortunate.

That seems to me at least because not many gods have competing populations. I'll be solving that - bringing them into conflict, that is.
Ideally, you wouldn't need to solve it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 18, 2014, 09:58:37 am »

...Yeah, pretty much. That's unfortunate.

Ideally, you wouldn't need to solve it.
Hey now, Zanzetkuken puts a lot of work into this game.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 18, 2014, 10:24:04 am »

I'm thinking that is primarily due to no Ascendants messing with everything yet.  Next turn, when Kaos and the Dragon officially enter the game, it will be different.

Oh, I've determined who I am going to have Kaos and the Dragon are going to be.  Kaos is going to be controlled by Scotsman and the Dragon (still needs to be named...) will be Scapheap.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 18, 2014, 10:58:22 am »

I'm willing to name the dragon if you let me play it...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 18, 2014, 11:16:35 am »

Well, not really. I can squat them with a single act, and they can do no harm to me.

Really, what I'm saying is that one mechanic from the God games is missing. And that is that mortals believing in you add to your power. Without that, everything that happens in the mortal world is completely separate from everything that happens with the gods. We can mess with them, but they can do nothing against us.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:18:13 am by 10ebbor10 »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 18, 2014, 11:35:39 am »

Well, not really. I can squat them with a single act, and they can do no harm to me.

Really, what I'm saying is that one mechanic from the God games is missing. And that is that mortals believing in you add to your power. Without that, everything that happens in the mortal world is completely separate from everything that happens with the gods. We can mess with them, but they can do nothing against us.

I would like it if worship added to your power. I know a game alike to this, probably dead, but someone forced their followers to do sacrifice, and in return he got an extra Act per turn.

Also, I'm looking for an Ascendant. Any volunteers? :D
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 18, 2014, 11:38:21 am »

Almost every other god game has such a mechanic. It's quite essential to have a feedback mechanism, otherwise things are worthless.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 18, 2014, 11:48:10 am »

I'm willing to name the dragon if you let me play it...

Main problem is that, when selecting ascendants, I am putting preference on people who a) haven't been present on the forums often (so they can be more of a part in some small way) or b) admit to having not played this type of game before (so they get the chance).  I know you have been in these games before, so it knocks out you out of the latter, and you are the largest poster on the forums, which knocks you out of the former.

IceFire, your race is primarily the leaders of the two great civilizations or are general members of the third.  There is some anger and the such, yes, but there is no persecution yet.  Though, now that you have said it, it is going to happen this next turn.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:52:30 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 18, 2014, 11:56:55 am »

Spoiler: Continuing That (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 18, 2014, 12:00:59 pm »

Spoiler: Agreement (click to show/hide)
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 18, 2014, 12:02:54 pm »

Spoiler: Agreement (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 18, 2014, 12:06:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52