Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 74682 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II (Let's try and see if my sanity survives this)
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 05:30:36 pm »

Edited my sheet in light of this. Is it enough for Elder God status?

Very much so.  I like the apparent vibe that it gives off of being a idealistic hero turned wizened mentor.

Just wanted to know, do ascendants know about the gods and their actions?

Depends upon if they were the cause of a younger god's manifestation (knowledge about the god and a general idea of the actions they have done) and how much the gods have affected their culture (knowledge of other gods and their actions pertaining to their culture).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 06:16:09 pm »

Is my thing too detailed/too long term timeframe for an ascendent...?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 06:46:37 pm »

We have...two ascendants (note to self: Suggest no one makes elves or humans but don't enforce this), a god of some kind, two elder gods, a younger god, an Ancient, and one guy who made a sheet for everything and wants to be an Ancient.

I guess I'll be a Younger God...wait, we need an Overgod! Perhaps...
Spoiler: Tantiy (click to show/hide)
...Eh, been done.

I'll get back to you.

EDIT: My bad, didn't read OP thoroughly enough quickly enough. Younger God it is, we'll probably need several.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:48:31 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 07:14:27 pm »

Name: Havoc the Mad God

Preferred Role: Elder God

Sphere: Chaos
Appearance: Havoc is a non-physical being, meaning that his pure form consists of pure chaotic energy. When he enters the material realm he is able to take on a form ranging from a simply human to a massive eldritch mass of tentacles. Because of his shapeshifting, he is able to subtly spread chaos while he takes the form of something rather innocent. Only gods would be able to sense the power that emanates from his disguise, and are able to see past it. His pure form is a large wisp of dark-purple chaotic energy which resonates and reverberates as it zaps around in perpetuate motion.
Description:
   Long ago when the universe was created, the lingering chaotic energies of the universe congealed together as Havoc manifested into the realm. The chaotic energies that infested his form began to spread discord throughout the universe. He laughed and grinned as he turned the gods' superior work into comedic jokes and would often go down to the world and spread chaos throughout in the form of a hare or a powerful dragon.
   Havoc entered the universe as a pure embodiment of chaos, with his primary goal being to spread it to the other gods' works. After much work, the mad god's chaos began to spread throughout the universe as a self-perpetual concept, infesting normal creature's minds and bringing them to evil deeds such as murder as the madness dwelled within them. He takes ultimate pleasure in the spreading of chaos and will do so whenever possible. The creatures he creates are varying and humorous in nature, with his more powerful creatures being warmongering eldritch abominations.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 07:27:09 pm »

I'm going to exploit yours as a guide for the journey yours is going to be taking, with you becoming a god around the time that the elf went into seclusion.

EDIT: My bad, didn't read OP thoroughly enough quickly enough. Younger God it is, we'll probably need several.

Nope.  I'm guessing you forgot this little fact about my variant: besides the initial set of younger gods (in addition to elders and <maybe> ancients (though not likely for the ancients, since they are technically the end of the life cycle of the gods)), all later gods have to crawl their way up from ascendants to higher positions.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:29:21 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 08:11:46 pm »

Name: Ordem
Preferred Role: Elder God
Sphere: Order
Appearance: Ordem is a non physical being, meaning that its pure form is made up of erdered energy. It is able to shapeshift into any form it chooses, but usually prefers structures over organic beings, as they tend to be organized better. It uses his shapeshifting abilities to promote order. In its pure form Ordem appears as a twelve armed genderless human of golden coloration. Its body is made up of every being and structure if you look at him from up close.
Description:
After the creation was twisted and the universe was disturbed, the need to clarify arose amongst the consensus. Thus a dire need for order was born, and in its purity Ordem came into existance. Since then It has worked to write down all laws of existance, to create a perfect harmonic order amongst the planes of existance. Disturbances in the grand universe make It made, and work even more furiously.

Over the millenia the work of Ordem has inspired a great amount of beings, as they would work on going closer to the ultimate order in which everything flows harmoniously.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 08:32:48 pm »

Name: Moana
Preferred Role: Younger God
Sphere: Inspiration
Appearance: Moana rarely appears in physical form, preferring to drift on the winds and plant ideas in the heads of Those-Who-Think. When they do appear, they are usually a man holding an open scroll. They look rather normal, except that, when they talk, it comes from the scroll, not the man.
Description: Moana drifted in on a dust cloud, and knows that one day, he will drift out. He does not care about stopping this fate, because it is inevitable. Instead, he has decided he will spend his time changing history, wherever possible. He wants to see Those-Who-Think learn, and learn, until they conquer the heavens, and challenge the gods themselves!

(Quick quick quick.

EDIT:Made it a bit longer.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:30:34 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 09:29:04 pm »

I'll pop my history in sometime soon.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 09:29:36 pm »

I'm going to exploit yours as a guide for the journey yours is going to be taking, with you becoming a god around the time that the elf went into seclusion.
Sounds good.  I look forward to this.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 01:24:14 am »

I am heavily tempted.

As such, I'll leave an application here, but I miss every Thursday, so if that isn't going to work out, then just pass me on by.

Name: Yggmarian, He Who Searches, also known as The Cloak of Adventure
Preferred Role: Ascendant
Appearance: Human.  Indistinguishably smaller than the average man (to all eyes, people feel they look down upon him, but cannot place his height.)  Indeterminately in between young and middle aged man (appears from 25 to 40 years old, depending on the beholder.)  Has unusually piercing green eyes, perpetually carries a wooden stave half again as tall as his actual height (which is 5'8" or 173cm, putting the stave at 8'6", or 260cm).
Sphere: Unknown, Discovery (if forced to put it with DF2012 spheres, then SCHOLARSHIP, CHAOS and TRAVELERS I suppose?)
Description: Ygg spent the majority of his normal life constantly seeking new places, gathering up any who would listen to join him in adventures into the unknown.  He never lost the thrill of discovery, but found that watching others follow after him and make the same discoveries brought him great joy.  His first project upon reaching Ascension was to plant in others visions of places he had seen, instilling them with the thrill of adventure.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 01:30:48 am »

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:49:33 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 03:35:24 am »

Ooh! Pantheon was fun!
PTW, due to my inability to play.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 07:32:33 am »

Anyway, Xantalos, you might want to paragraph that wall of text.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2014, 08:25:38 am »

I have a few ideas, actually. Pick one that sounds coolest.
Spoiler: Resanaince (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Athemana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rex (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 09:19:44 am »

Holy carp. I guess I got grabbed by the inspiration bug or something. Warning, my app is long as hell.

This is superior text wall. However, with the many numbers and the whole thing where entities are referred to in different letter sizes makes it a bit hard to read. Maybe if you separated the paragraphs by whitespace..? Just a suggestion.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52