Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 84390 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #525 on: October 21, 2018, 10:51:47 am »

I'm glad you enjoy!

I was planning on doing the full comic in color, but that seemed a tall order at the moment, and also some recent inspiration made want to do it in black and white. I will definitely go back and black-n-white-ify those pages at some point.

And ya, I guess you'll have to keep reading to find out whats up with him!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 24, 2018, 08:25:05 am »

Is there anyone here who can tell me if Ardon ever suffers for all the complete shitbag stuff he does? Like, properly?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 26, 2018, 02:49:10 am »

Is there anyone here who can tell me if Ardon ever suffers for all the complete shitbag stuff he does? Like, properly?

Not yet. But... It will come. There is no way it can’t at this point. He has succeeded in pissing off pretty much every single creature in the world, sentient and non sentient. The current storyline might be it, tbh.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 26, 2018, 08:38:50 am »

That's something I really like about the comic, really.  Not only is he an insufferable asshole, but his party actually holds that against him and it causes actual problems.  And it's just getting worse.  They  have (last I checked) good reasons to stay with him, whether naive idealistic or pragmatic, but he keeps callously proving those reasons wrong.  And they're running out.

It's not the trope like early-years Belkar where the wise-cracking evil comic relief gets away with murder and everyone just rolls their eyes as a sitcom sting plays.  It's not stasis, it's definitely coming to a head, and it's already broken the party up a couple times temporarily.

I'm not actually caught up at the moment though, maybe a few months.  I'm around the intro of the monk character.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 26, 2018, 05:36:56 pm »

You're talking about a webcomic, and yet you've neglected to say what the name of the comic is.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 26, 2018, 05:41:28 pm »

It's the one being discussed in the previous couple posts, maybe I should have quoted.  Comic is called Will Save World For Gold:

Not yet. But... It will come. There is no way it can’t at this point. He has succeeded in pissing off pretty much every single creature in the world, sentient and non sentient. The current storyline might be it, tbh.

Edit: Oh none of us named it, huh.  Well there you go, it was discussed last page though.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 26, 2018, 06:07:25 pm »

nnhgghghmghnmmm glass scientists... good
bngnmmmm... paranatural great
mhnhnhhngghm... homestuck good
jhnhjfngjdsndjdggd... WSWFG good
gmhhnghgjhh... unsounded best webcomic ever made
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 26, 2018, 06:19:25 pm »

Thx I need to check out Glass Scientists again, it was very adorable last I checked
She/they

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 27, 2018, 03:29:53 pm »

Stand still, stay silent is ending it’s hiatus on Monday. I have not been this hyped for something in a long time. To those who have read the comic, a prompt: Who’s your favorite character, and why? And how do you feel about the others?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 27, 2018, 05:10:36 pm »

I predictably like Sigrun.

Lalli and Emil are both annoying and likable in their own ways.
Mikkel is a good supporting character. He's more grounded than the others, but still has a personality. He's a maverick, and at the same time the one same man. That might say something about the rest of the crew as well...
Raynir is a fun character. He's a pretty powerful mage, who so far accomplishes things mostly by stumbling through them. He effortlessly walked across the sea between Lalli and Onni's dreams, where Lalli nearly got pulled under trying the same thing. I wonder if that's because Icelandic mages work differently, or if ignorance of the silent world's threats might actually protect you from them.
Onni is interesting. And I have admire a magic user who can make a giant flame eagle appear from miles and miles away.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 27, 2018, 08:11:28 pm »

Mikkel marches to his own, quiet beat. I love him and he is precious. He's definitely my personal favorite of the main crew, and hope that we end up getting to see more of him as the story goes on. Compared to everyone else in the cast, it seems like we don't actually know all that much about him.

As for supporting characters, Trond is my favorite. I'd be curious to know a bit more about his past as well.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 27, 2018, 08:17:08 pm »

The holder of the best character entry on the sheet, naturally.  Meow.

Otherwise, I like Tuuri, which made *redacted*.  Mikkel's also amusing and a steady foundation for the entire team, so he's probably one of my favorites as well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:19:55 pm by Culise »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 10, 2018, 05:34:54 am »

http://gunshowcomic.com/427

I've been reading a lot of old Gunshow lately, ever since seeing the Magical Realm comic linked so damn many times on /r/rpghorrorstories. It's nice. I don't even know what year this was released but it must have been quite a few ago now... most of the links in the weird accompanying blog/text-thing that I for some reason bother reading are long since broken.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 10, 2018, 10:58:43 am »

Gunshow is great.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 30, 2019, 02:52:29 am »

Not sure if it counts since I'm reading the collected print version, but I'm currently reading Octopus Soup. Anyone familiar with that?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40