Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 84451 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2017, 12:28:31 am »

So, let this be a lesson to you: trust random wand-cleaners, get random...uh...magical transformations.
((And yes, if you don't read Cucumber Quest, Cucumber is male.))

I'm guessing Cuco got his wand switched in the wash, with the apparently real Punisher Pumice? And once they cross paths they'll realize the mistake? And possibly Almond and Peridot nearly die of Lethal Levels of Fangirling / Envy as Cuco gets to interact with their heroine and CLEARLY DOESN'T CARE ENOUGH?

(Just spitballing some ideas, but if I called it, I'mma do a dance. NOTE: Cucumber Quest is notoriously hard to predict at times like this, so....)
Time for your happy dance.  Though it's technically a studio prop, I'd call that close enough.  ^_^

Also, what is it with comics I like and people getting hurt this week?  First Gunnerkrigg, now SSSS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 05, 2017, 12:36:10 am »

We like those comics because they hurt people, Culise.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 05, 2017, 12:52:13 am »

We like those comics because they hurt people, Culise.
Eh?  I thought we like them because of the cute canids.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 05, 2017, 01:26:22 am »

That too.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 10, 2017, 09:26:05 pm »

Hmm. I'd agree that OotS is overall better than Goblins, but I'm an edgy edgy boy so the grimdark is enough to keep me interested.
That's about where I sit.  OoTS seems to have a better update schedule (though both are going pretty slow), but I prefer the edge of Goblins.  Heh, much like Prequel.  Goblins:  Making a many Goblins cry.

[ScaryGoRound canon order]
I didn't even try to fit it all on a timeline (because, yeah, it's difficult).  But I was following it as it was released for a long time, so the transitions were large adjustments *at the time*, but then forgotten.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eehehehe.

Now that I've posted to watch...  And rather than bump the poor Questionable Content thread back from 2014...
The new robot-mafia person from http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3391 and next is, sorry...  crazy hot to me.
Suits, friends.
Suits on very androgynous people.
They are my kryptonite.

Edit:  Possibly, also the evil and smarm. Eheh.

Justified 2nd edit:  Questionable Content just updated!  That makes 3 pages of Mafia McCantrefuse.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:38:14 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 10, 2017, 11:32:39 pm »

Yeah...  Goblins is also pretty bad.  Better now than before, tbf

And they are such a machine-crafted goddex~
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 10, 2017, 11:38:47 pm »

Yeah, I tried starting Goblins after catching up with Order of the Stick. Suffice to say it felt a bit flat in comparison ... despite the characters looking less flat. Maybe I'll try Goblins out one day but it will be way down on the list below dozens of other comics.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 10, 2017, 11:41:59 pm »

Uh!  I meant bad as in update-schedule.  Goblins has much better value per update.
Very possibly better overall storyline as-of-now, but... that depends on what you're more into.  They're both among the most solid comics I've read, and I've read more than I care to admit.
She/they

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 10, 2017, 11:57:40 pm »

That makes 3 pages of Mafia McCantrefuse.

I prefer Deus Ex Machina as a name, myself.

And I can honestly say I never expected to hear the OotS update schedule be compared favourably to, well, anything.
Hee.  I'd say it still compares favorably to Dresden Codak, Outsider, No Rest For The Wicked, and The Fox Sister, to name four off my older lists. 
Of course, I'm pretty sure the latter two are dead, so saying it compares well to a corpse in terms of activity is probably not a high bar, and the former two are notably erratic. 

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 11, 2017, 12:01:37 am »

OMG, Dresden Codak and NRFTW started updating again?
...Maybe?  It's a little hard to tell, given how slow they were?
I'm glad for the updates, anyway.
She/they

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 11, 2017, 12:05:32 am »

OMG, Dresden Codak and NRFTW started updating again?
...Maybe?  It's a little hard to tell, given how slow they were?
I'm glad for the updates, anyway.
The former has, but sadly, the latter hasn't updated since 2013.  I still check in every once in a while hoping against hope, though.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2017, 09:15:23 am »

By the way, Unsounded is running again.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2017, 09:18:01 pm »

Oh good lord, Kill Six Billion Demons...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 31, 2017, 08:47:11 pm »

Devahi of SamAndFuzzy has grown for so long, and is well-deservedly badass.  Yet so relatable.  Fallible.  Earnest.
While Sam is...  relatable due to years of established mookishness, but... well.  *subtle cough*

I actually think he might have the correct course.  But let's not pretend he hasn't sacrificed his moral, painfully, in this pursuit.  Whereas Devahi has seen the underground, yet somehow remained... idealistic.
She/they

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 06, 2017, 06:09:41 pm »

By the way, Unsounded is running again.
Saw that one. Was very happy.
I mean until I realised
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40