Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 84198 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2016, 11:23:00 pm »

This seems like a good addition to the five folders of bookmarks I keep. :D

I can start listing if anyone would like :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2016, 07:23:19 am »

Woo, this isn't valid for a necropost yet!

>_> <.< Just wanted to drop one nice webcomic around here to add.

A webcomic about an English teacher in Japan. Slice of Life. Made my day :'(

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2016, 08:42:04 am »

Enjoy.
Probably a weeb.
But enjoy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2016, 04:25:06 pm »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2016, 11:33:08 am »

Well now.
Ava's demon, I think it's called.
Saw one specific scene and now need to think on my transhumanist leanings.
Also cannot sleep.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2016, 02:54:55 pm »

Hey, just because it's gross doesn't mean I'm going to stop wanting to replace my weak flesh.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 06, 2016, 10:16:45 pm »

Aww dang Tiru, I love Mary Cagle's adventures in Japan too. First discovered them not long ago. Really sweet, silly, interesting stuff.

Ava's Demon is pretty good stuff too. Neat how it's single-panel, like a storyboard. I think the author is a storyboard artist professionally, if I recall? As story goes on, I'm getting more curious about the setting too.

Glad to see a thread for this! I've got tons of webcomics I could share (I follow a lot ><;), but here's one:

Atomic Robo:
Set in an alternate timeline, where Tesla created an immortal, self-aware Nuclear-Powered Robot who became the heir to his legacy. It follows the adventures of Robo (and the rest of his Action Science corporation) through various moments in alternate-history, to the center of the Earth, to Mars, and so on. Foes include a sentient dinosaur who weaponizes pseudoscience, ancient city-sized Kaijyu, the electro-ghost of Thomas Edison, and all kinds of other stuff. Solid action, plenty of humor, lots of neat characters, great art and storytelling, and good fun all around.

Spoiler: That art tho (click to show/hide)

underkill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2016, 11:19:46 pm »

drugs and wires, once described as "cyberpunk, but not shit", and frankly, i agree. not certain that this has not been linked yet, but at the same time, who cares?
you call down the fire...

and i'll reap the whirlwind

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 07, 2016, 04:40:57 pm »

And another one. Gonna try not to bomb the thread, but I really do gots lots to share that I think folks here would like:

Necropolis:

Set in the same world as Conan the Barbarian or Superbrother's Sword and Sworcery. Features the adventures of a warrior who, as a girl, made a dire deal for a weapon that would make her untouchable. Sorta. It's still a young story in the Creation Of The Hero phase of the cycle, but I dig it so far. I'm kinda a sucker for classic Sword and Sorcery stuff from the pre-Dungeons and Dragons era, and this scratches that itch perfectly. The unexpected Berserk and Lodoss Wars cameos are kinda nice too, if you can spot 'em.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 07, 2016, 05:30:20 pm »

Man, Atomic Robo is in online form too now? I gotta go read that then! It sounded interesting the first time I'd heard about it, but I could get the books then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 07, 2016, 05:58:24 pm »

And another one. Gonna try not to bomb the thread, but I really do gots lots to share that I think folks here would like:

Necropolis:

Set in the same world as Conan the Barbarian or Superbrother's Sword and Sworcery. Features the adventures of a warrior who, as a girl, made a dire deal for a weapon that would make her untouchable. Sorta. It's still a young story in the Creation Of The Hero phase of the cycle, but I dig it so far. I'm kinda a sucker for classic Sword and Sorcery stuff from the pre-Dungeons and Dragons era, and this scratches that itch perfectly. The unexpected Berserk and Lodoss Wars cameos are kinda nice too, if you can spot 'em.

*Reads*
*Reaches last page*
ARGH! I need MORE!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 08, 2016, 04:18:31 pm »

And another 'nother one.

Broodhollow

Set during the US Prohibition era, the story follows an encyclopedia salesman with questionable mental health, and his various adventures in Broodhollow, "The Town of A Thousand Holidays". Features plenty of small-town charm, a cute mixed media art style, and plenty of Lovecraftian horror various zany antics. The balance of humor, charm, and horror is really well done, and it's one of my current favorites. It's currently on a short hiatus, but work has resumed. The author, Kris Straub, may also be known from various Creepypastas on Reddit's NoSleep board, particularly Candle Cove, and some interesting multimedia horror pieces.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 08, 2016, 08:49:30 pm »

I just finished Book 1 of Broodhollow. Thank you for the recommendation! Also curse you, because I'm going to spend a bit of time lying awake at night thinking about this comic. Either way, this is definitely something I'm going to keep up with. I'm a fan of anything that can do unnerving and funny at the same time, and this is very good at both.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 08, 2016, 10:05:45 pm »

I know, right? Glad you liked it! Don't get caught up too fast, if you can help it; I binged it all in about 2 days, and I wish I'd paced myself, since it goes on these periodic writing hiatuses.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 08, 2016, 10:21:39 pm »

The only way I read webcomics is by binging, reading the new strip every day, and checking for a new strip every day despite the fact that it only updates once a month. :P
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40