Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 84057 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2015, 10:51:38 pm »

Oh, yeah. When one of them's already back from the dead at the start of the comic, it's pretty unlikely.
Technically, that big guy(forgot his name) is back too.  Kinda, at least for a moment there.  Though, the main 2 have plot immunity and there will probably be a few more lost lives.
His name is Toby :I (Unless that's not the big guy you're talking about. There's a lot of big guys there...)
Though I'm unsure if its ok with the thread to discuss Unsounded specifically (as much of a fangirl I am there because of the quality of lore >.>), I'm unsure on what that plot immunity is. It seems more like logical continuity since there's still a lot unknown about them, like Duane's history and how he is one very specifically different creature, to acknowledge how he's treated in lore despite his backstory being shown in glimpses and visions :-\ (What I know of plot immunity is deliberate safety in any danger possible).

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2015, 03:09:50 pm »

I reckon the idea is we can talk about specific comics, as long as it doesn't end up being page long things, then at that point it might get its own thread to die in or flourish.

Yea, its Toby.

Plot Immunity, the story is about the 2 main characters, they can't die.  I don't even remember the thought process behind bringing that up.  Meh.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2015, 04:40:10 pm »

Plot Immunity, the story is about the 2 main characters, they can't die.  I don't even remember the thought process behind bringing that up.  Meh.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2015, 05:31:45 pm »

Oh, yeah. When one of them's already back from the dead at the start of the comic, it's pretty unlikely.
Technically, that big guy(forgot his name) is back too.  Kinda, at least for a moment there.  Though, the main 2 have plot immunity and there will probably be a few more lost lives.
I'm unsure if its ok with the thread to discuss Unsounded specifically.
I'm unsure on what that plot immunity is

1. It's cool. Probably spoilers for spoilers though, same as the Anime thread.
2. Plot immunity generally means characters that are too important to the running of the story to be killed... It can be subverted if they can find other major characters to take over though, or even sometimes minor characters or the villain in some cases.

Except I think by this point Duane has already told all of his backstory... So I'd say he's fair game, plotwise.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2015, 08:31:51 pm »

I got reminded of something.  Valuable webcomic lessons: When the creepy thunder children promise that if you go with them, no one will ever find you, they're probably not talking just about the werewolves that want to eviscerate you for kicks and giggles. 

EDIT: Oh, that reminded me of another one I wanted to post while the thread was out.  Plap.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:34:15 pm by Culise »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2015, 09:31:35 pm »

I'm unsure if its ok with the thread to discuss Unsounded specifically.
I'm unsure on what that plot immunity is

1. It's cool. Probably spoilers for spoilers though, same as the Anime thread.
2. Plot immunity generally means characters that are too important to the running of the story to be killed... It can be subverted if they can find other major characters to take over though, or even sometimes minor characters or the villain in some cases.

Except I think by this point Duane has already told all of his backstory... So I'd say he's fair game, plotwise.

Kinda? Plot armour is when they survive things they shouldn't simply and completely because they're the main character. If it can be explained through their skills or powers or what have you, it's not really plot armour, far as i understand the term.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2015, 01:09:11 am »

Has anyone mentioned Scenes from a Multiverse, Channelate, Slightly Damned, Chainroaker On A Budget, Space Moose (NSFW), Tails from the Mynarski Forest, and/or Bob the Angry Flower?

EDIT:
Also NPC, Widdershins, Boumeries, Happle Tea, Problem Sleuth, Nemu Nemu, Drive, and World of Greyhawk

These are all comics I like that I feel may be underappreciated by the general public
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:26:04 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2015, 01:32:32 am »

Also, I personally draw two interactive storytelling game type comics over on MSPA's forum. Sadly they are semi-defunct due to lack of input from the other forumites:

Ekolid: A Demonic Adventure

and

Mouse Maze: Institute for Horror Research
Please check them out and tell me what you think of them
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2015, 03:38:05 am »

Unsounded:
But seriously, stop making me feel bad for Stockyard.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2015, 06:52:36 pm »

*Snip*

Happle Tea is pretty awesome. unfortunately it hasn't had regular updates for quite some time now.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2015, 01:13:55 pm »

Ava's Demon finally updated!

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2015, 02:37:59 pm »

Ava's Demon finally updated!

I forgot it could do that. Wow.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2015, 11:57:05 pm »

Optipess is pretty good.

But what I'm really into right now is this archive of Polandball cartoons
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2015, 03:18:54 am »

But what I'm really into right now is this archive of Polandball cartoons
You don't say :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2015, 02:22:04 pm »

Just got into SMBC.
I'll take it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40