Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ceres: Homeworld-like tactical single player space sim  (Read 6274 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ceres: Homeworld-like tactical single player space sim
« on: March 17, 2014, 10:34:49 pm »

im surprised no one has mentioned this indie title in process, with a demo avaliable right now

http://www.ceresthegame.com/

extract from the IndieDB page: "This game would be defined as a RTS space simulator. Single player with multiplayer skirmish mode. The idea was at first to create a Homeworld clone, but it grew and became a blend of Homeworld, Elite and maybe a little of Sid Meiers Pirates. You control spaceships in a 3D enviroment. Point and click controls This game is about combat, ship management and modifications, construction, mining and exploration."

you can look it up here : http://www.indiedb.com/games/ceres/news

more info on the game:

basically the game starts in a far future where the solar system was ravaged by the opening of a wormhole gate, the gate was designed to connect to star systems and allow humanity to colonize other stars, but an accidental connection with a supernova caused a cataclysm that destroyed Earth and caused a failure in the machine, the gate since then has started to connect to different star systems and even universes, the stuff that has come from the gate has changed the solar system, adding strange gas formations and asteroid fields that are still a mistery.

as for Humanity, humans were already colonizing the other planets, the loss of Earth was just a setback and now humanity is divided in different factions related to their planets. there's a Terran Alliance, New Mars, the Ganymedians, the Titans, and others... artificial intelligences are present too, the most prominent being the "Hydra AI" which has make home around Jupiter and Saturn.

gameplay info:

-critical damage: ships get a critical damage percentage that reduces the effectivenes of their parts
-modular turrets: they're made of the weapon, the mount and accesories
-crew and AI get experience, you can have both humand and robotic crew
-AI can hack and invade enemy ship's computers in order to disable or control them
-player can improve skills via a perk system
-ship customization
-and other stuff typical of any space sim title......

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:47:02 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ceres.....
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:16:05 pm »

bumping then...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 04:22:15 pm »

If no one is replying, bumping it isn't going to change anything.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 05:06:42 pm »

Looks vaguely interesting.
You could do with a better OP though. Especially the ellipsis in the thread title. That does not sell the game well at all.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 05:13:57 pm »

I watched one their video
http://www.indiedb.com/games/ceres/videos/combat-demonstration-2

I thought at first it was a mod for Homeworld 2 , they managed to make the engine having a similar feel to that game.
Could be interesting, i'll keep an eye on it to see which direction it takes.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 06:13:41 pm »

Looks vaguely interesting.
You could do with a better OP though. Especially the ellipsis in the thread title. That does not sell the game well at all.

yeah im bad at making showcases, but just wanted to post the game cause i found strange that no one in the whole forum have seen it....most of the info about the game is vague, i havent tried the demo yet, im more on checking the development first then try it after it has been released....

the game doesnt have enough info about the mechanics since its a recent title, but i'll post more info on the OP....

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 06:20:49 pm »

change title to Ceres: Homeworld-esque RTS then it will be more popular. Ceres.... makes it look like shit....

Looks interesting, will try the demo.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 06:47:24 pm »

change title to Ceres: Homeworld-esque RTS then it will be more popular. Ceres.... makes it look like shit....

Looks interesting, will try the demo.
edited the title.....but from the looks i see it more like SPAZ.....i dont know......

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Ceres: Homeworld-like tactical single player space sim
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 08:08:11 pm »

I don't know...the demo needs ALOT of polish...maybe its because its the demo, try the tutorial, double click the battlecruiser to focus camera on it, my ship fires on it then gets obliterated >:(
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:22:09 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 10:56:09 am »

Yeah, could use some bugfixes and AI improvements. The controls felt a like they were unresponsive at times.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 02:51:39 pm »

* Zangi sees revised thread title.

I'll try the demo out this weekend.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 04:59:57 pm »

So i did try the demo, but for some reason i cant seem to know what im doing. Im trying the tutorial, but they are telling about buttons that i dont see on my screen like if i had the HUD disabled for some reason?

EDIT: They ask me to click the tactical info button... well doesnt exisst on my screen....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 05:01:40 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 05:19:13 pm »

You can get the UI by pressing escape twice to open and close the menu; not sure why that is necessary.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 10:51:59 am »

Pressing "g" brings up the interface as well. At least I think it was "g".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 09:58:22 am »

this people have just released a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XM4gb5V_rA
Pages: [1] 2