Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

5 person team, enough or not enough for game to proceed?

It's small, yes, but we will manage.
Ehhh. We're not even newbies...
*flops*

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 93

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: Beginner's Emblem! OOC Thread!  (Read 58833 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: Beginner's Emblem! OOC Thread! Newbies welcome!
« Reply #450 on: March 24, 2014, 09:25:07 am »

I would suggest to get reasonable quick if you don't want to risk getting Adrien'd :V

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 24, 2014, 09:27:53 am »

Einar's just purposely poking at Colt now. :P

Well, no, not quite. As far as he's concerned, there's nothing he can do to fix the fact that they're 300 years in the future. So he just needs to do the best he can to stay alive right now and make sure that the others do to. If that means trying to make Halldora more comfortable by talking about normal things with her, then he'll do that. He'll also poke at Colt during that if he can get away with it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 24, 2014, 09:34:58 am »

Colt is not entirely unreasonable. In fact, I consider his anger is completely reasonable, if not respectable. He has ideals and by God, he is going to stick with them. The only thing that is really getting the way of dialogue is his pride. Which is ironic, as he his rejecting being healed by the enemy, and one of his abilities flat out states that other people healing other than himself is going to be weaker than usual.

Character flaws, ho!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 24, 2014, 09:37:33 am »

Oh, I'm not saying Colt doesn't have a point. Not saying that at all. Just saying that Einar thinks his point should be discussed some other time when they're not surrounded by people with a bunch of pointy things. Preferably some time when the group is alone and isn't currently in shock that they're 300 years in the future.

Also Haspen, grats on this plot. I honestly did not see that coming. Maybe I should have, but I totally did not.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 24, 2014, 09:42:55 am »

Which is why Colt wants to get Lady Eleonore to safety and relative ease, and then talk. :P

Not that the two will ever concede to agreeing with each other. This antagonistic relationship must continue to bloom until we have an A-Support in hatred against one another.

As a further side note, Colt probably would have been able to carry her that far if he needed to. He may be a mage and a noble, but that simply belies the fact that he his simple birth. Much of his early to mid childhood was spent working on the farm with his family, so he while he is not as accustomed to labor anymore, he would likely not have an issue returning to hard labor if he had to.

Also, yes. This plot is awesome Haspen. A+ job!
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 24, 2014, 09:43:38 am »

* Haspen makes note to include more time travel shenanigans in teh future :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 24, 2014, 09:49:51 am »

Not that the two will ever concede to agreeing with each other. This antagonistic relationship must continue to bloom until we have an A-Support in hatred against one another.

As a further side note, Colt probably would have been able to carry her that far if he needed to. He may be a mage and a noble, but that simply belies the fact that he his simple birth. Much of his early to mid childhood was spent working on the farm with his family, so he while he is not as accustomed to labor anymore, he would likely not have an issue returning to hard labor if he had to.

Yeah, no, these two will never get along. :P

Also, details. Einar just wanted to continue to poke at Colt. Silly, pampered noble. :P

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 24, 2014, 09:52:59 am »

Shit. This is going to be awkward. Read Colt's backstory. Read back to here. I'm trying to find a way to resolve this situation that doesn't end with Colt saying that he would rather die, because that is exactly how he is feeling about giving up his Wind Tome. This situation is awakening every demon inside of him simultaneously. Someone is going to have to intervene in a caring manner, lest I drive my character off a cliff to be faithful to who he is. O.o
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 24, 2014, 09:54:55 am »

You realize all he has to do is say that all he has is a Wind Tome, right? He doesn't need to give it up. If we don't declare what weapons we have, then we'll be unarmed, but if we are honest about what we have, we get to keep them.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 24, 2014, 09:56:43 am »

Oh I see. Perceptions though. We'll see how it plays out.
BIRDS.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 24, 2014, 10:04:17 am »

Keep in mind what Solymr said. Make things too difficult and its possible to be summarily executed in order to keep the game moving :V
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 24, 2014, 10:06:10 am »

Calm discussion is only going to work from Eleonore for Halldora right now :p

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 24, 2014, 10:07:14 am »

Well, Einar's just trying to convince Halldora that they need to act calm to allow Eleonore to act calm. It might not work, and if she tells him to leave her alone to panic, he will. But he's trying. He knows that she's their best shot at helping to relieve Eleonore's anxiety, so he's aiming for her.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 24, 2014, 10:09:47 am »

einar is getting the shipping points right now that Colt isn't :p

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 24, 2014, 10:13:16 am »

Indeed. However, as Colt's goal is not to cause trouble for the princess, it can be expected that he will ultimately behave. At the same time however, I won't allow his character to be walked over if you catch my drift. If certain stresses are introduced, he's going to blow a gasket. Lot's of buttons have been pressed already.

If he has to die for his beliefs, then he might just have to die! :D

((Still, I am going to avoid that at all costs if possible. This will involve getting Colt far away from the prince until they are both able to speak in a more clam manner.))

As per love, you may actually be helping Colt's chances here. I think the last thing Halldora wants right now is to be romanced. Note, that Colt was the first one to go help Eleonore. At least give him shipping points for knowing what to do in emergency situations. :L
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 93