Poll

[No real poll at the moment, so have this]

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Soup
Albania
Cats
Traditional Albanian Cat Soup

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: ☼Questravagers II☼: A 4j community warlock fortress[On hiatus]  (Read 12225 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Questravagers II: A 4j community warlock fortress[On hiatus]
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2014, 04:14:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[[OOC: So yeah. After some thought, I decided the best course of action was to abandon the fort and continue on with the same characters in V.4H since that doesn't have the bug. The no-sparring bug is WAY too crippling for me to continue on with V.4i. Turns out having most of your military unskilled when mithral armed elves attack is not healthy for the fort. That only hapened in an alternate timeline, but still. No-sparring is very bad.]][/spoiler]

Neat pics. I hate to see this bug in action, but doesn't 4j work? Why go back to 4h?

Also, is it even possible to make a "booze waterfall" as depicted on that wall engraving? :D Since all the stuff depicted in engravings is in the game I assume it is, so how do you make one ? :P
I wasn't aware there WAS a 4j version until this post. I'll just use that then. Time to go re-edit the whole thread again! And download another DF mod version. Half my netbooks hard drive is taken up by those things. And I believe the booze waterfall was something with the [FANCIFUL] tag or something like that which only appears in engravings. It seems like its part of the Masterwork More Engravings button thingy in the GUI. It definitely seems like its more dwarf-oriented engravings in there. Warlocks don't approve of booze waterfalls as much as drunk dwarves do.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2014, 06:45:10 pm »

OK, I'm finally picking this thing up again. I've updated the Questravagers II main post. It can be found here. The actual embark and first few months of the new fort will be coming relatively shortly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:49:01 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2014, 12:03:40 am »

1st Granite: This is it. We've finally reached the campsite of the rest of the Warlocks. They're the last of our kind, massed together. Once we get there, we'll start casting ritual dooms on the Legion of Light and the rest of the tyrants. The minions pull our anvil-laden wagon up the stream. I can't wait to finally have civilized company who isn't Catalyst.

Spoiler: The Warlock Gathering (click to show/hide)

They're all dead. All of them. The entire condensed Warlock population of the continent. All dead. I can see scorch marks and bloodstains where they tried to fight. But they couldn't stop the Legion and they had no fortifications. I go back to the rest of the party to tell them the news.

2nd Granite: I've got Madison and Sarah working on digging out a working area like we had at Questravagers.

3rd Granite: The minions pulling the caravan broke free from their bindings and started attacking skeletons. Palu dismissed them with some thrown silver dust.

[[OOC:Well that update took forever for only 3 in-game days. Questravagers is still alive! Or at least undead in this case.]]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:18:22 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2014, 06:33:34 pm »

4th Granite: We've got a small burrow with basic workshops ready. Hopefully we can get an Ethereal Gate constructed quickly so I can make some proper furniture and good for us. I've asked Madison and Sarah to kindly dig out some quarters for Catalyst, Palu, Azuraal, and Temptsfate. Me, Cptcrunchy and Jaso will require better quarters because of our status in the tower.

5th Granite: We've already struck gems digging out the Warlock quarters. This bodes well for future magical reagent needs.

6th Granite: Abigail has finished making the mechanisms needed for our well. Palu insists on overseeing its construction personally. Emily has gotten started on making hourglasses for me to bottle souls in.

7th Granite: I asked InsanityIncarnate if he would kindly start smoothing out the quarters with the rose quartz in them for Catalyst. I also pointed Nuttycompa at some floating-souls-disguised-as-opposums. At the very least, they'll stop offending me with their fake furriness once they're dissipated.

10th Granite: Those floating-souls-disguised-as-opposums sure can run/float. The ironbone-laden Nuttycompa is having trouble closing the gap on them. We've got a modest food stockpile going and I've asked everyone to kindly stay in there rather then on the surface.

11th Granite: Palu has finally finished constructing the well. Now we have a nice reliable drinking source. Azuraal complains that bloodwine would be preferable. I disagree. I have had bad experiences with fermented bloodwine... This tower will remain entirely non-alchoholic to prevent further incidents like it.

13th Granite: I called Nuttycompa in and asked him if he would kindly remove his heavy ironbone gear. He's no good for chasing animals weighted down like that. I'll get him some bone or leather armour as soon as possible. I dispatch him to slay some floating-souls-disguised-as-opposums again.

15th Granite: Nuttycompa decapitates a floating-soul-disguised-as-an-opposum in one strike. We've also finally have the materials for a Soul Syphon.

16th Granite: And of COURSE Palu wants to make sure my Soul Syphon is properly set up. Personally. After dismantling MY setup.

17th Granite: Huh, the floating-souls-disguised-as-opposums are actually opposums. They yielded meat and bones and didn't just vaporize like the ones at Questravagers did. The souls are stored in the head, so we've yet to see if they have souls.

18th Granite: They do not, in face have souls. Or maybe Nuttycompa just destroyed it with his killing blow. I send him out to go kill the rest. Might as well at this point. I've also extended InsanityIncarnates orders to include the rest of the Warlock quarters.

19th Granite: And Nuttycompa destroys another opposum soul. Maybe the next one will have one.

20th Granite: The body of the next opposum has nothing in it. It must be a floating-soul-disguised-as-an-opposum. And Nuttycompa destroyed its soul by cutting its "head" off.

24th Granite: Nuttycompa kills an Opposum WITHOUT cutting its head off. Maybe this one will have a soul.

26th Granite: This one has a soul! And bones and a skull and meat and everything. The whole deal.

28th Granite: I finish bottling up the soul. I am SO out of practice at Sorcery. This could be embarassing.

29th Granite: Some cougars wandered in. Nuttycompa goes out to kill them.

1st Slate: Madison and Sarah start on digging out mine and Jaso's quarters. The Legion still hasn't come for us. I call a beginning of month meeting.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:21:17 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2014, 03:09:43 pm »

You made me the Fleshmonger! Thanks alot  :D !!
Sorry i haven't commented in a while, high-school final exams sucked my time right out  :'(
But il follow yours (and mine) adventure from now on!
Also i love that im a not-so-mad-but-still-prety-mad Scientist! If i ever learn spells i would like to (needles to say) first specialize on the blood ones.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2014, 08:23:12 pm »

You made me the Fleshmonger! Thanks alot  :D !!
Sorry i haven't commented in a while, high-school final exams sucked my time right out  :'(
But il follow yours (and mine) adventure from now on!
Also i love that im a not-so-mad-but-still-prety-mad Scientist! If i ever learn spells i would like to (needles to say) first specialize on the blood ones.
Final exams in April? You poor, poor soul.

Good to see we're still up and running.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2014, 11:07:59 pm »

2nd Slate: Nuttycompa murderizes a cougar. Finally, some good honest kills around here. Maybe I'll get enough souls for an Ethereal Gate so we can actually start building things. I'm horribly out of practice at Sorcery, so I might not be able to turn out products as quickly as I used too, but at least they'll be proper Warlock furniture. Temptsfate has requested a necromantic shrine in a surprisingly lucid manner, so maybe we'll get that set up soon too. Questravagers II is on the path to greatness.

3rd Slate: InsanityIncarnate has started runing the rooms he smoothed.

6th Slate: Madison and Sarah are clearing out an area for metalsmithing, once I can make some blocks for forges and such. Nuttycompa is off hunting more cougars for souls.

7th Slate: The cougar knocked Nuttycompa into a pool and scratched him up a bit. His revenge will no doubt be appropriate to the degree of his humiliation. Poor cat.

9th Slate: Nuttycompa killed that cougar over an entire day. It finally bled to death from its mostly-superficial wounds. I hope I can get that third soul for my Etheareal Gate so I can make some furnishings for Catalyst. She doesn't complain about it, but sleeping in the same area as a ghoul, even one as well-mannered as Kamikazi doesn't do good things for your comfort.

11th Slate: Azuraal came to my rough "office" today. The conversation went something like this:
Azuraal: Master, might I speak with you on a matter of some import?
Me[Arcvasti]: Make it quick.
Azuraal: It seems to me unfitting, that we, the last great Warlocks of the world dwell in a underground burrow like worms and dwarves. Would it not be more fitting to have our minions construct a tower that the weak races of the world might look upon us with dread?
Arcvasti: A tower is secondary to basic lodging arrangements, but I'm sure that I can whistle up some blocks for Emily to use shortly.

13th Slate: I've finally got the materials needed for my Ethereal Gate. Of course, it won't be constructed until it meets Palu's expectations, so Catalyst might have to do without rooms for a little while. Meanwhile, Nuttycompa is out cat-hunting again. I need all the souls I can get.

14th Slate: Palu is done "correcting" my design and I can finally conjure again. First priority is a workshop for Emily to make more complex constructions out of the blocks I conjure. The undead can set that up. More importantly, I need to get some communal dining and bedding made for the ghouls [and at the moment, ours]needs. But first I need some sleep. I'll put Azuraal on keeping records for the next little while.

Extract from the official records as compiled by Warlock Azuraal

15th Slate: The Ghoul Lord has fulfilled his allotted Duty. The Unliving have been Dispatched to retrieve his Spoils.

16th Slate: A Beast of the Sky has been sighted Above. No more Spoils shall be ripped from the Above for some time

17th Slate: The Runic Adornments of the Upper Quarters have been Completed.

Once again from the journal of Sorcerer Arcvasti

18th Slate: No one burned down the Tower while I slept, so that's always a plus. After nearly a day of work, I finally create a few measly blocks. Enough for Emily's special workshop, but I really need to improve at this soon or Catalyst might be disappointed in my lack of power.

20th Slate: InsanityIncarnate has started on smoothing mine and Jaso's quarters.

22nd Slate: Work has begun on expanding the functionality of the main workshop level. I'm still labouring over the basic ghoulish furnishings that are urgently needed.

26th Slate: I'm about two thirds of the way done the communal area furniture. This is taking an altogether ridiculous amount of time. I've lost my touch.

1st Felsite: I take time away from my Sorcery to speak with the Warlocks of Questravagers II and go about assigning duties to them.

3rd Felsite: Temptsfate has been wandering around in a rather depressive fashion lately. A Necromancer can't do much without a Necromantic Shrine. I'll make sure to keep him occupied with something or other eventually. Its not good having the other person who know the Keyphrase for all the undead stew in his own melancholy too long. Maybe one of those oddly set up coffin arrangements he used to love rummaging around in would take the edge off of his boredom.

6th Felsite: The ghoulish living quarters are completely furnishied. They're hardly an appropriate residence for a Warlock, but they'll do for now.

9th Felsite: I've gotten started on some blocks for building the Tower. Azuraal is right, we need some more concrete shelter then what we currently have. Plus Palu wants a safe above ground greenhouse for her to cultivate some of the rarer herbs.

10th Felsite: Some red pandas wandered onto unhallowed ground. Nuttycompa is going to assure they don't leave unhallowed ground.

14th Felsite: Those red pandas sure can run. Nuttycompa hasn't caught any of them yet. Work has started on the Tower, but progresses slowly due to my unfamiliarity with Sorcery.
[[OOC:Sorry it took so long, I was distracted by FTL:AE and also webcomics. Updates should be more frequent from here on.]]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:46:13 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2014, 09:57:31 am »

[[OOC:Sorry it took so long, I was distracted by FTL:AE...]]
I feel your pain bro XD

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2014, 09:23:42 pm »

15th Felsite: Nuttycompa still can't catch any red pandas. I've recalled him inside for now. The first level of the Tower is nearly complete.

16th Felsite: I've ordered the remaining anvils and CptCrunchy's Wraithblade be brought inside from where they lay at the site of the wagon. InsanityIncarnate has finished smoothing the lower Warlock quarters. I've asked the miners to kindly dig out some apartments for our future Overlord. We can't furnish them until I finish the mountain of other needed furniture, but we can at least dig them out and properly rune them.

18th Felsite: We've struck gold-bearing rock in the Overlord's chambers. This will be helpful for grinding into dust for Alchemy later.

19th Felsite: Nuttycompa is off to fight panda's again. I wish him better luck this time.

20th Felsite: Sucess! The red panda had wandered too close to the Tower's construction site and Nuttycompa was able to surprise it with his unnatural speed. More souls.

22nd Felsite: Madison struck clear zircon in the Overlords chambers. They'll be fine indeed, once they're runed properly. Plus, gems are important ritual componants.

24th Felsite: Another panda bites the dust. Once I've got time to bottle its soul, that's enough souls for Temptsfate's Necromantic Shrine.

26th Felsite: The ground floor of the Tower is complete. It should withstand anything but a full cohort of the Legion

28th Felsite: Palu has started up a garden for prikle berries in the walled off enclosure of the Tower.

31st Felsite: Catalyst came to the Ethereal Gate today. She was concerned that I'd been working myself too hard trying to provide for the entire Tower with my own hands. She suggested that we could just relax in the Ghoulish Common Area for a few days to unwind. She's has a point, I haven't had more then an hour of sleep in a month. Even OUR magically-reinforced constitutions can only take so much. But without me, we have no building materials or furniture or tools. I compromise by reassuring her that I'll try and take a break soon. She seems mildly disappointed and leaves to go back to learning minor magics from Palu.

1st Hematite: Its Summer now, and we are still here. The Legion shows no signs of turning back to obliterate us and even if they did, we have a Tower that we could hold for a long time. No one seems particularly eager for a beginning of month meeting and my work is critical, so I don't bother calling one.

2nd Hematite: The Overlord's quarters are fully excavated, so I set InsanityIncarnate to smooth them out.

4th Hematite: I finish making blocks for the Boneforge. Palu goes to fuss over how the skeletons arrange the bellows and such. I consider asking the skeletons to kindly ignore her meddling, but think better of it and leave her to it.

5th Hematite: I'm done bottling the last soul for the Necromantic Shrine, so I give orders that it be constructed next to my own work area.

6th Hematite: Since I'm too busy to instruct Azuraal at the moment, I've arranged for a jewelers workshop to be built for him so he can start pulling his weight around here.

7th Hematite: I can barely keep my eyes open, so I'm settling down for another nap. CptCrunchy is stepping up as record-keeper during my absence. Fine with me, since it keeps him from disturbing my rest.

From the diary of the Overlord CptCrunchy

8th Hematite: As I have control over the day-to-day activities of the Tower now, I mandate that a barracks be created on the second level of the Tower. Our military is in a sorry shape, having only one mostly unarmoured ghoul and one recruit. I mean to change that.

9th Hematite: Seeing as we have lots of bones and an equipment shortage, the obvious solution is a Boneforge. We have one under construction, but its being delayed by Palu and her fussing. I wonder what her deal is. She's always bugging and fussing and meddling about everything. Stupid lousy intelligent underlings. At least she gets things done.

10th Hematite: Boneforge is done, so I order that the ghouls be fully fitted with armour, even if it is only bone. An Overlord can hardly let his people die unnecessarily , even if they ARE only ghouls.

11th Hematite: Temptsfate's Necromantic Shrine is finished. He's asking me for souls for more skeletons. Skeletons make the best soldiers, as long as they're supervised by a Warlock. On the other hand, Temptsfate has an.... odd relationship with the undead. But I can't afford to have him be malcontent. What kind of Overlord lets his subject's requests go unheard? Plus, he can override anyone's commands on the undead. Except Arcvasti's. I've seen that Sorcerer wrest control away from Temptsfate just by ASKING the skeletons politely. I assure him I'll have the materials he needs right away. I go tell Nuttycompa to go kill some cougars for souls. He stands there stoically. I explain that Temptsfate wants them. I could have sworn he scowled at our Necromancer's name. I sigh and say Arcvasti wants them for research. He grunts and walks up the stairs with his scourge at the ready.

12th Hematite: AAAAND Arcvasti is awake again. He doesn't have the authority or the desire to counter-act the orders I gave, but I'm not getting anything done while he's there to assert his control on anything I do. If it weren't for the sane companionship of Azuraal, I think I might have taken unpleasant measures against him. But what kind of Overlord kills one of the last remaining Warlocks or disregards his friend's advice? Not one who lasts long in a world ruled by the Legion, that's for sure.

Once again from the Journal of Sorcerer Arcvasti

13th Hematite: I feel refreshed after my absurdly long nap. Nothing much seems to have changed, other then the completion of the Necromantic Shrine and the Boneforge[The latter appears to have been hijacked to outfit the ghouls better. I don't object to this rare bit of wisdom from our Overlord] There's a note on the Ethereal Gate which says I must create some blocks and an armour stand for some sort of barracks on the second level of the Tower. I see no reason to disregard it, so I start summoning blocks.

14th Hematite: Azuraal requests my permission to start preparing gems for inscription/grinding. I sigh at his lack of anonymity and grant his request.

16th Hematite: Nuttycompa dragged in a cougar. I don't recall ordering him to go kill one. I am slightly disturbed by his anonymity in this matter and make a mental note to get the individual quarters done quickly so I no longer have to sleep in the same room as him.

18th Hematite: Elizabeth is done making bone armour and a weapon for Kamikazi. Once me and Emily get done making the Upstairs Barracks, then he and Nuttycompa and CptCrunchy can start training.

20th Hematite: The Upstairs Barracks is finished and Nuttycompa has a new suit of bone armour.

21st Hematite: After some consultation with Palu as to Catalyst's preferred colour, I have begun work on a set of blue ethereal furniture for her rooms.

24th Hematite: Temptsfate has finished making a Warrior skeleton as CptCrunchy requested. He names it "Joan". I decide that that is all very well and good, but I want a skeleton under MY aegis, not his. I dub it "Joan of Arcvasti". I order it clad in the the ironbone that Nuttycompa dropped due to its weight. I also mandate the creation of a sword for it to use.

26th Hematite: Joan's bone sword is ready. I've assigned her to spar with CptCrunchy, as that was the intended porpoise of its creation in the first place. Plus, this way, I have someone I KNOW I can trust watching the Overlord at all times.

29th Hematite: Our small militia trains on the top of the Tower perfectly. It is perhaps the one beacon of order in the whole of the Tower. No bickering, no arguments, just porpoise. They are perhaps our only hope against the Legion. When they come, we will be ready. And when they come, we will tear out their entrails and dance on their bones like they did to the Warlocks they caught.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:27:38 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2014, 11:55:30 pm »

From the journal of Sorcerer Arcvasti

3rd Malachite: Buisness progresses slowly because of my rustiness at Sorcery. I've become competent at it again, but I still go far too slowly for anything much to get done. Kamikazi is learning quickly, I hope we have another well-trained soldier soon. We will need all we can get when the Legion finally confronts us.

6th Malachite: I've assigned Annie and Sootbones to clear-cut and burn to ash, respectively, the local trees. Palu is out collecting herbs again. Between them, the area immediately around the Tower will look suitably desecrated soon.

8th Malachite: During my lunch break, I notice Joan of Arcvasti is having trouble processing the lesson CptCrunchy was giving it on swordplay. After examining Razorback's smithing knowledge, I decide to take time away from working on Catalyst's rooms[Much as it pains me to do so] and make some blocks for a Corrupted Forge to properly infuse Joan of Arcvasti with ironbone.

11th Malachite: While going to drink from the well, I pause to view Joan and CprCrunchy sparring. Our Overlord's skill with a Wraithblade is impressive. Joan is pretty overwhelmed and plays defense. Now I remember why I never took the position of Overlord for myself: He's very good with that weapon.

12th Malachite: CptCrunchy took a tumble off of the roof of the barracks while sparring. He's unhurt, but I should put in some railings or walls once Catalyst's rooms are done.

13th Malachite: I'm done with the blocks for the Corrupted Forge and I can go back to making things for Catalyst. Jaso, because of his knowledge of Metallic Skeleton anatomy, goes to set up the Forge.

16th Malachite: The Corrupted Forge is done. I order some ironbone cooked up, to fill the gaps in Joan's equipment.

17th Malachite: InsanityIncarnate finished smoothing the Overlord's rooms today. I've got him runeing them properly now. Once thats taken care of, they'll lack only my furnishing before they're fit for an Overlord.

20th Malachite: Azuraal came to me to ask about an Inscriptor for the skeletons. Without an Inscription, Razorback will lack the skill to make quality weapons and armour. I say I'll get around to it once I'm done with Temptsfate's Graveyard and Catalyst's rooms.

26th Malachite: Catalysts room are finally done. I ask the idle skeleton population to kindly assist in setting up her rooms.

27th Malachite: Catalyst approached me today and thanked me for making her furniture. I said it was no problem. She really likes her new rooms and greatly approves my choice of palate.

28th Malachite: I'm exhausted from the mental effort of summoning so much. I think I'll pass out after too much longer. I've set Palu in charge of the Tower while I'm resting. Of all people, I trust HER not to let the Tower dissolve into chaos. If only because it would upset her "perfection"

From the log of Palu, Herbalist and Alchemist

1st Galena: As it is the first of the month, it would normally be time for a beginning of month meeting. However, I dislike those meetings and "forget" to call one. However, I did not actually forget to and actually remembered it precisely, I merely did not want to call one.

2nd Galena: I have orchestrated the foundation of an Inscriptorium, as well as a "Farmers" Workshop I may have need of in my work. I also directed the excavation of a future work area for my alchemy and more mundane herbalism. Madison and Sarah are proving unresponsive to my directive, so I'm delaying those more advanced workshops for now.

3rd Galena: Razorback has begun his aforementioned task of forging a buckler for Joan. Despite my best efforts, I cannot sway him from Arcvasti's nepotistic order of the best equipment for Joan.

4th Galena: Seeing as Inscription requires souls, souls which we lack, I pre-emptively send out Nuttycompa and Kamikazi{After some discussion that will not be covered here} to go collect some souls from the local fauna.

5th Galena: Kamikazi swiftly and efficiently dispatches a bobcat and drags its corpse back for processing. Nuttycompa, not to be upstaged by his apprentice, terminates another bobcat and brings it back himself.

6th Galena: Our Overlord has grown so accustomed to the comforting weight of his Wraithblade that he has an emotional attachment to it. Its a rather odd thing for a Warlock to do, but CptCrunchy has always transcended out limitations as a "race" and reached beyond them. Arcvasti is awake again and is enforcing his petty dominion on us again. I'm not getting anything more done anytime soon.

Once again from the journal of Sorcerer Arcvasti

7th Galena: Nothing much seems to have changed, aside from an order to some skeletons to dig couple new rooms downstairs and a few dead bobcats. I see no reason why they shouldn't, so I set the miners to digging out the rooms Palu designated. I think I can guess what Palu intended both those rooms to be used for. I'll continue on with her plan for them, because she's usually right. Always right, actually.

9th Galena: Nuttycompa fell off the roof again. I really need to do something about that at some point.

10th Galena: Razorback is being Inscripted with weapon and armour smithing skills today. This is Azuraal's first time conducting the ritual, so it might fail, but I hope Razorback takes well to it. We could use a skilled smith.

11th Galena: Emily has started on turning my raw Ethereal into the coffins and slabs Temptsfates wants. I'm not done summoning them, but Emily works slowly enough that it shouldn't be a problem.

13th Galena: Palu visited my work area today. She requested that some shredders be constructed in the main work area. I sighed and said I was busy with Temptsfate's request. She said that all she needs right now are bone sawblades and rock mechanisms from the worker skeletons. But she can't get the skeletons to do it for her and wanted me to get them too. I DO remember asking the skeletons to kindly disregard everything she tells them at some point, so I suppose I have to get them to do this if I want any reagents for magic later. I sigh and get Abigail and Elizabeth on the job.

16th Galena: CptCrunchy has ordered that all trade with the outside cease immediately. "After all,", he says, "what kind of Overlord gives away his goods to those nations under the "protection" of the Legion?". I'm not entirely sure why he ordered that, but I cannot deny his reasoning.

17th Galena: Kamikazi fell off the roof and got knocked unconscious. I've ordered all sparring be stopped until I can get a wall up so no one falls off the roof.
[[OOC: When I saw Kamikazi get knocked unconscious, I thought his skull got shoved through his brain{Thats the usual cause of unconsciousness in DF}, but its just a bruised muscle. I'm glad Kamikazi didn't die early this time. He came close though.]]

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:57:38 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2014, 08:15:06 pm »

I really love the characterization you've given to everyone
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2014, 11:43:33 pm »

18th Galena: Jaso[Under close watch by Joan] has examined Kamikazi. He's pronounced that it was a major concussion and he needs to remove Kamikazi's brain to re-calibrate it. He theorizes that the memories Temptsfate gave him from the original Kamikazi have contributed to it. After Joan menaced him with her sword, he admitted that it was just a bruise, that Kamikazi will be fine and the he just wanted to have a look at Temptsfate's handiwork with the memories. Sure enough, Kamikazi woke up about an hour later and went back upstairs to spar. I informed him that there was to be no sparring until I could install safety features to prevent future incidents like this one. He grunted and went downstairs.

20th Galena: I'm finished summoning the raw materials for the Graveyard set-up Temptsfate wanted. Now we're just waiting on Emily to finish fitting them together into coffins and slabs. Speaking of Temptsfate, he wants some more souls to make another skeleton. I send out the Ghoulish Death Squad to go collect some.

21st Galena: I've begun work on some blocks for making the Upper Barracks safer. Hopefully after that, I can finish up everyone else's rooms. After THAT, we can get back in buisness.

22nd Galena: I'm not sure if Kamikazi was trying to live up to Nuttycompa's brutality or not, but he ripped the head off an emu with his teeth today. Hopefully this trauma didn't damage the soul. I don't want a repeat of the "Opossum" Incident.

24th Galena: The emu had a perfectly normal soul and Temptsfate is starting construction of a new skeleton.

27th Galena: Joan of Arcvasti is now fully kitted out in ironbone, courtesy of the newly-Inscribed Razorback. Its a shame she won't be able to use any of it until I'm done with putting walls up on the Upper Barracks.

28th Galena: CptCrunchy and a few of the other idle Warlocks have been spending their spare time indulging in some sort of gambling game. Or at least I assume its gambling from the constant sound of dice rolling. In any case, he requires more types of dice with different numbers of sides. Apparently the 8-sided dice we currently have don't cut it. I've assigned the making of some new dice as a low-priority task to Elizabeth.

1st Limestone: I'm too busy for a beginning of month meeting, so the others have convened without me.

2nd Limestone: The meeting lasted a while and I heard raised voices. Catalyst doesn't want to talk about it. I wonder if Palu yelled at her or something. If so, I am going to have a TALK with her about the proper treatment of apprentices.

4th Limestone: Temptsfate made a new skeleton today. He named it "Cassandra" and I advised him to program it as a leatherworker, as we have need of one.

6th Limestone: I took a break from summoning blocks to go visit Catalyst in her new chambers. We had some badly cooked intestines together and chatted about differing views on Blood Magic. It was nice, but I don't want to take too long off from work, so I'll get back on task tommorow.

8th Limestone: I'm finished the blocks for the walls for the Upper Barracks. Nuttycompa and Kamikazi will be glad to know they can start sparring again. CptCrunchy has his dice game[Still with just 8-sided ones for now as Elizabeth is busy with bone sawblades for Palu's shredders], so he's not as torn up as the Ghoulish Death Squad was, about not being able to spar, but he'll still be glad to know he can begin training again.

9th Limestone: I've begun on Temptsfate's apartment's accommodations. Shouldn't take as long as Catalyst's, because I've remembered how to do Sorcery better since and its easier working in a familiar colour.

12th Limestone: Madison and Sarah are digging out an area for Temptsfate's Graveyard, since Emily is almost done making the coffins and slabs for it.

13th Limestone: Catalyst has started acting really withdrawn, unlike her usual shy, quiet self. It still seems different and ominous, though. She later appropriated some bones and a log and is holed up in the Craftsman's workshop. I hope she's allright. If she develops a MENTAL problem, Jaso would be more harm then help, to say nothing of Temptsfate. I've asked the skeletons to kindly slip food and water into the workshop periodically.

16th Limestone: Emily has paused construction of slabs for Temptsfate's Graveyard and is making headway on the walls for the Upper Barracks. Catalyst is still labouring away at something in that workshop.

18th Limestone: Catalyst has emerged from the workshop and[After helping herself to the supplies I left outside], brought out a bone cap.
Spoiler: The bone cap (click to show/hide)
She calls it "Falsethrone"[[OOC: For whatever reason, I can't view the artifact's name, so I just made one up]]. CptCrunchy immediately requisitioned it for his personal regalia. I've heard of phenomnons like this, where something inspires someone to create a perfect object and then have great knowledge of that craft. I asked Catalyst if she knew anything more about bone carving now. She replied that she could see twisting vortices and gyrating columns of bones in different designs that seemed about to jump into reality, and indeed, needed only the slightest effort to be recreated in bone. She seemed disturbed by these visions, and vowed never to touch bone carving tools again. She retired to her rooms to sleep afterwards.

19th Limestone: Sootbones has run out of bones to make into ironbone. A pack of gnolls has wandered into unhallowed ground. Nuttycompa is bored because the installation of walls in the Upper Barracks is preventing him from sparring. We'll need some souls bottled up for diverse porpoises at some point. I am going to attempt to solve all these problems in one go. And naturally, succeed.

I really love the characterization you've given to everyone
Thanks! Its always nice getting positive feedback about these things.

EDIT: I've done some updating on the main post for Questravagers II. Which can be found here.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:51:36 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2014, 03:23:58 pm »

How is the Tower doing in terms of resources?  If we're having a shortage of armor-grade materials and weapons then we should take them by force from the nearby villages! Of course this would make it necessary to complete my throne room, but for the good of the Tower of course.  Perhaps we could even employ an Emissary and force some lesser beings to test their might against our bloodthirsty ghouls and my own wraithblade. Again, that would be exclusively for the metal we could salvage from their armors, not for my own enjoyment.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2014, 05:26:33 pm »

How is the Tower doing in terms of resources?  If we're having a shortage of armor-grade materials and weapons then we should take them by force from the nearby villages! Of course this would make it necessary to complete my throne room, but for the good of the Tower of course.  Perhaps we could even employ an Emissary and force some lesser beings to test their might against our bloodthirsty ghouls and my own wraithblade. Again, that would be exclusively for the metal we could salvage from their armors, not for my own enjoyment.

The Tower is doing pretty well mostly. We've got tons of leather, meat, stone, wood, ash and coke. We have no scalps and we're a bit low on bones and souls at the moment, but the main hold-up is that its taking forever for the relatively unskilled Arcvasti to make furniture for people before they start tantruming. And we need him for pretty much all of the next tier of workshops and further upward construction of the Tower. I'm planning on getting raiding as the next major industry[Its the most reliable source of scalps at this point in the game].
Spooky Signature

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2014, 06:44:42 pm »

*grumble grumble* Stupid Joan *grumble grumble*

Also, is raiding really the best source of scalps at the moment? I tried it and it seemed very very slow and tedious.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6