Poll

[No real poll at the moment, so have this]

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Soup
Albania
Cats
Traditional Albanian Cat Soup

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: ☼Questravagers II☼: A 4j community warlock fortress[On hiatus]  (Read 12242 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Questravagers II: A 4j community warlock fortress[On hiatus]
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 11:17:56 pm »

Pysche. The first update will in fact hapen right now.

Or once I get done writing it. Still today though.

Double pysche. The first update will in fact hapen right now.

From the tome written in foulblood on the horrorwrought breeding throes of a demonic-hell scholar.
It reads thus:
Arcvasti's Record
1st Granite: Well here we are. This is going to be home, I suppose. I[in stead of our beloved Overlord-to-be CptCrunchy] mandate that an area below the ground be dug out. After all, without a proper dungeon, all a tower is, is a stick in the the mud.

2nd Granite: A most terrible tragedy has been averted. Mine, our esteemed Ovelord-to-be's and the condemned's minions have malfunctioned. They assaulted some of our number and were proving belligerent Luckily, I hapened to have a scroll to release their energy from them on hand, and any casualties were averted.

4th Granite: Preliminary working space has been excavated. Numerous petty thefts have bee performed by "coatis", whatever those are.

5th Granite: The minion husks have been designated for recycling.

7th Granite: Nuttycompa absolutely refuses to recycle the husks. I am not inclined to argue as he has the only weapon left after a coati snatched our glorious Overlord-to-be's wraithblade.

9th Granite: Nuttycompa has slain a coati. I have extracted its soul into an hourglass so that it does not decay.

12th Granite: EXTREMELY basic workshops and part of a food stockpile have been set up.

15th Granite: Our selfless Overlord-to-be has begun making coffins and slabs out of compact peat with his bare hands. Truely, the lengths he sinks to for the greater good are limitless.

17th Granite: Nuttycompa is off hunting a faedog.

25th Granite: Progress goes slowly as the miner is occupied with digging out the food stockpile and Nuttycompa chases around an infinitely faster faedog.

27th Granite: The faedog finally tires and leaves the unhallowed ground I claimed. Nuttycompa is dispatched to terminate some kiwis.

1st Slate: Two kiwis have been slain. I await only the bottling of their souls before I can harness the true glory of Sorcery.

7th Slate: Supplies are running low. Once the magical beacon I created starts broadcasting, we should try to recruit a skilled necromancer as we need more skeletons.

13th Slate: The ethereal gate is finally finished. Now I can begin furnishing the dungeon like a true warlock.

16th Slate: I have set to work creating a suitable array of items needed for the towers future ghoul population.

19th Slate: I've sent Nuttycompa out soul-hunting again. Food stockpile still isn't finished.

22nd Slate: Nuttycompa has tenderized two more kiwis and a coyote in one or two blows each. I am beginning to respect the martial prowess of ghouls more and more.

1st Felsite: I've bottled the souls collected. The food stockpile remains uncompleted. We REALLY need a skilled necromancer. Things are short-handed with only 3 minions to command.

10th Felsite: THANK CPTCRUNCHY. The food stockpile is finished. It better be worth the trouble.

11th Felsite: I have begun to summon the requisite materials for the expansion of the tower. I have also demanded that a well be made that we may be spared the indignity of drinking directly from the river.

14th Felsite: The miner has begun the excavation of [Inadequete] facilities for myself. They will require decoration from a fully inscribed Engraver before they will be suitable.

16th Felsite: Construction on the outer tower frame has begun. Only our........................... WORLDLY Overlord-to-be CptCrunchy is working on building it.

23rd Felsite: The outer tower frame has been completed, my rooms have been excavated and the well is being set up. Due to an error in planning, the well would have dipped directly into the ghoul quarters.That would be impractical as the taste of ghoul is rather rancid.

1st Hematite: Hopefully by now the beacon should have attracted some visitors. I hate to think what it would be like to have to do ones own work like CptCrunchy OUR MOST MALEVOLENT OVERLORD-TO-BE does.

4th Hematite: InsanityIncarnate has been instructed to smooth the walls and floors of my future apartments.

9th Hematite: I have started equipping my rooms with the nessecary furnitures.

11th Hematite: I've dispatched the miner to search for gems with which to empower InsanityIncarnate,

12th Hematite: Fortune[Despite its non-existance], favours us. In only a few hours of digging, the miner has already found gold, wolfram and lapis lazuli.

19th Hematite: I now deem my accomadations worthy of ghoulish habitation. I hope the miner finds more gems soon.

25th Hematite: We've found enough gems to elevate InsanityIncarnate's engraving to legendary. I've sent out Nuttycompas to... acquire the nessecary souls. I myself will sully my hands preparing the gems for the inscription.

28th Hematite: Enough emus have been eviscerated by Nuttycompa. I have begun bottling their souls.

5th Malachite: Preparations for InsanityIncarnate's inscription are going well in hand. I grow worried about the tower's future if a necromancer doesn't show up soon...

9th Malachite: Finally! A peaceful skeleton is seen on the horizon. A friendly necromancer can't be that far behind.

10th Malachite: The Necromancer Temptsfate has arrived with an entourage. He brought a bone carving skeleton, a butcher, a soldier ghoul named Kamikazi and is colleagues with the Herbalist Palu, who specializes in theorectical destructive magic.

11th Malachite: Palu immediately begins a garden for bitterroot inside the towers outer frame. I suppose thats ONE way to get herbs.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:21:49 am by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 12:34:08 am »

Evidently I can't trust my feeble minions with the responsibility of laying the foundations of a great bastion of evil.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 01:38:02 am »

hooray! another ghoul! Let the slaughter commence.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 01:43:16 am »

Woo! Progress!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 06:28:48 am »

Please sir, may i be a warlock? I would love to be the Fleshmonger :)

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 07:29:48 am »

Yay, Temptsfate is in already :D Hopefully he'll begin tempting fate soon enough :)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 05:02:00 pm »

I think I'll have to close locking for now. Unless more then 3 non-vampiric warlocks show up in Autumn's migration wave, I won't have enough of them. If I do end up with excess warlocks after the last migration wave, then I'll re-open it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:21:24 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 06:40:08 pm »

Well if you dont get locks then im fine with a skely. Preferably a smith.

adanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 06:55:38 pm »

hey, I lost today 4 necro-forts, now I know how weak ghouls are. I tried for about 10 times ressurecting necromancer but without success, how it should be done? Same question for early minion sending

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 07:22:55 pm »

Spoiler: @Adanos (click to show/hide)

PLEASE address warlock questions to the helpfully named "[WARLOCK]:Discussion and suggestions" or maybe [WARLOCK]:Gameplay questions if that page exists.

Back on topic, I think I'll be able to squeeze out another update today.
Spooky Signature

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 09:19:30 pm »

[For some reason, after I booted up the save the date on the z-menu was 10 days behind the actual date of 11th malachite. This is weird]

12th Malachite: What I had assumed to be a wild flock of crows are in fact ravens kept by the butcher. As pets. I have ordered them and the more restrained minions summoned by our new residents in the food stockpile.

15th Malachite: I've ordered some preliminary rooms dug out for our new residents. Temptsfate overrode those commands and has the miner digging out an area next to my workplace. This could get inconvenient if this kind of thing hapens often...

16th Malachite: I've put together a boneforge in the lower levels from our astonishing cache of anvils. I've also asked Temptsfate if he could make a wood-cutting skeleton soon. He seems to be using the dug-out area as some kind of necromantic shrine. Maybe his co-option of needed resources will be useful in the end.

20th Malachite: Both Temptsfate's strange shrine and the boneforge are completed.

22nd Malachite: The bone carver has gotten to work on some equipment for Kamikazi. Temptsfate is excavating another large area next to his shrine. With my miner. Again.

28th Malachite: The reagents for InsanityIncarnate's inscriptiona are all ready. He'll be a legendary engraver in no time. Then I can have some REAL quarters. Kamikazi's equipment is done and once I'm done the rest of my furniture, I'll begin creating the materials for a barracks on the second level of the tower.

29th Malachite: Temptsfate has made a skeleton. He dubbed it "Annie". Naming undead is never a good sign. I hope this skeleton is good at chopping wood.

3rd Galena: The bone carver has made a replacement wraithblade for Our Omnipotent Overlord. Temptsfate has begun hauling coffins and slabs into the newly-excavated area.

8th Galena: Temptsfate has arranged the coffins and slabs in an odd pattern. He seems to be searching the empty coffins he's made. A lot.

10th Galena: InsanityIncarnate's inscription is complete. I've asked Temptsfate to see about some more skeleton workers soon. I'm sure thats more useful then inspecting empty coffins endlessly.

16th Galena: Palu instructed the bone carver to make him a suitable staff. Since the material of the staff doesn't affect its magical power, even humble bone works. I'll have to remember to get one made for me and Temptsfate later when we have the bone to spare. The undead have started construction of the upper floor.

1st Limestone: Construction of the upper floor goes smoothly. Temptsfate has made another skeleton he dubbed "Sootbones".

2nd Limestone: InsanityIncarnate has finished the mystic runes that adorn my rooms. With them as a focal point, I can start remotely scrying on our stockpiles to effortlessly determine our supply levels.

6th Limestone: We've run out of bones for making skeletons and staffs. The ghoul squad, the Ambiguities of Soul have been sent out to hunt some more helpless wildlife.

7th Limestone: Nevermind, the deer wandered off. The Ambiguities of Soul have been recalled.

8th Limestone: The upper level barracks are ready. The Ambiguities of Soul have already begun training there.

9th Limestone: I've gotten started on the furnishings for Palu and Temptsfates rooms.

10th Limestone: Temptsfate has gone back to re-perusing the empty coffins.

11th Limestone: Our Glorious Overlord reminded me today that it was autumn. I informed him that it had been autumn for 10 days already. He looked somewhat put-out by this information.

12th Limestone: Palu is out searching for usable plants.

14th Limestone: InsanityIncarnate is busy encrusting the new quarters with masterwork runes.

17th Limestone: I MUST HAVE SCYTHES NOW. The bone carver graciously begins obliging my mandate.

18th Limestone: I've started the planning for a forging area on the lower levels.

19th Limestone: Kamikazi fainted from fear today. It seems the malevolent spirits of the vampires we came here with are vengeful.

20th Limestone: Kamikazi is dead, scared beyond death by vampiric spirits. Temptsfate is distraught and condemned the responsible ghosts to eternal torment.

21st Limestone: Temptsfate is once again sifting through the empty coffins. I fear the loss of Kamikazi, his friend for some 250 years is driving him mad.

22nd Limestone: I have embarked on the monumental task of sorting the stockpile via magic. Sootbones and Annie are slowly, but steadily converting most of the trees on the surface to ash and coke.

24th Limestone: Palu's task has finally borne fruit. A small selection of herbs for our supply.

25th Limestone: Palu and Temptsfate have finally been given excellent apartments, courtesy of InsanityIncarnate.

1st Sandstone: A living ground animal finally sets foot on unhallowed ground. Nuttycompa is sent out to slay the interloper, a centauress.

3rd Sandstone: The centauress is chased into the tower proper and then killed. But no soul from this centaur. Temptsfate theorizes that it might have something to do with the centaurs hair colour or morality. I maintain that it was caused by malicious spirits and urged him to perform another exorcism. Nuttycompa doesn't care and wandered out to go kill some opposums.

5th Sandstone: Construction of a Corrupted forge has begun on the lowest level. Perhaps then we can make use of all the coke and ash Annie and Sootbones have accumulated.

6th Sandstone: The excavation of the Overlords palace and rooms has begun. Temptsfate has a coffin and slab he's yammering about. I'm just about to remind him that Warlocks don't do menial labours, when I see that they're not made of any stone we've found as of yet. He says he found them when looking through the four empty coffins the hundreth time or so. I am dubious of their origins, but see no reason to to put them to use.

10th Sandstone: Apparantly Opposums are boneless creatures. Who knew? Nuttycompa goes out to murder the rest of them anyways. Nice to know he's not prejudiced in his work.

16th Sandstone: As a reward for the defeat of most of the opposums, I've elected to turn the zippy little souls they had into yet more speed for our hero.

20th Sandstone: Opposums are also meatless creatures. Their apparant furriness is just a projection maintained by the soul to fool their prey. They are nothing but floating souls. I've ordered all opposum "corpses" thrown in a pond.

21st Sandstone: Nuttycompa aborbed all the souls I gave him. Time to kill the last opposums floating souls.

22nd Sandstone: And now its an eagle. We're not getting bones any time soon.

23rd Sandstone: The eagle flew away. Now some emus. That are not just floating souls. That don't fly. Nuttycompa is ecstatic at the prospect. I know I am. Although MY ecstasy might just be a result of finally having finished the recordkeeping for the tower.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:21:38 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 11:18:03 pm »

[For some reason, after I booted up the save the date on the z-menu was 10 days behind the actual date of 11th malachite. This is weird]
Warlocks can break the space-time continuum.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 12:55:48 am »

Well I sure did die quick. Stupid ghosts.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 09:42:05 am »

Warlocks can break the space-time continuum.
It's not just them, it happened to mahrgell's kobolds too. I think it may have to do with the gnomish time travel.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2014, 09:49:09 am »

Opposums are too cool man! I just spent about 5 mins looking at pictures of them.

If possible Sootbones would like a pet Opposum one day. I know its not really a Warlock thing to do, but old Soot needs some warm company, other than the fierce heat of furnaces.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6