Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Outpost Liason Won't Leave  (Read 2028 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Outpost Liason Won't Leave
« on: March 16, 2014, 05:34:55 am »

Just started playing DF again after at least a year long break, anyway, when the first dwarven caravan arrived, when it came time for them to leave, they didn't ,just sat in the Trade Depot. As usual, I went and deconstructed it and they left promptly, but they left behind the liason. So, now I have a liason running around my fort, punching my caged wombats as I drag them out to my pasture to release. Is there any way to get rid of him using DFHack without getting their caravans worried? Would makeown turn him into a functional migrant?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:05:15 am by Urist McBeanie »

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Liason Won't Leave
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 05:51:24 am »

Regarding caravan 'not leaving', you know that they need time to pack things up, and that this time increases massively the more single items are traded?

Regarding the Liason, all you can do is wait until he turns insane.
I wouldnt use DF Hack, feels kind of cheaty, but taht's just my two cents.
If you still want to use it, use that option and look what happens.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 06:03:13 am »

They were still there after two seasons, that seems a bit long doesn't it?

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 06:16:04 am »

The liaison will wait for your expedition leader to finally make time for the meeting. If the leader is constantly unavailable/unreachable, liaisons will wait around, potentially until they die of old age, without ever going insane. You can bug out the liaison by nominating a new expedition leader. This will instantly give you a "diplomacy failed" message and the liaison will leave without further ado.

If a liaison (or caravan) has finished business on your site and you _then_ prevent them from leaving, they'll go insane after ~6 weeks. What you describe sounds like they simply hadn't finished business. Anyway, liaison and caravan are completely separate events, which "just happen" to show up at the same time; the caravan can't "leave behind" the liaison, because the liaison isn't part of the caravan. And if the caravan left after you demolished the depot, they just weren't done packing, that can easily take two months, even three or four if you trade a lot of stuff.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 06:23:08 am »

They were still there after two seasons, that seems a bit long doesn't it?
Yep, but not unusual... Trading whole bins generally helps cutting that time down.
Dunno what and how you traded with them.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 04:08:11 pm »

Thanks, the liason finally left after another season. And trading is going a lot quicker now that I'm storing my crafts in bins.