Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 436846 times)

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set
« Reply #540 on: December 19, 2015, 09:41:44 pm »

Don't sweat it, Phoebus! Thank you for all of your hard work. It is my favorite tileset! Rest easy, knowing you did great work, and will never be forgotten.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 20, 2015, 03:00:13 pm »

This is just another echo of support from the community, but...

Phoebus... thank you so much for your hard work on this graphics set.  It's always been my go-to, and I never took your efforts for granted.  So... thank you, and please take care of yourself.  Your health and happiness should take priority in your own life.

Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #542 on: December 24, 2015, 04:05:44 pm »

Would it be ok with everyone if I continue this?

I will come back to DF after a year off, might as well help maintain the tileset that I started playing with. Due to my work on the MDF mod I'm quite used to altering tilesets, especially Phoebus.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Archmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • Carpe Pastam
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 24, 2015, 11:37:38 pm »

Dittos on the thanks to Phoebus. For me DF just isn't DF without this mod.

Big thumbs up to Meph.   :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 25, 2015, 01:44:25 am »

Would it be ok with everyone if I continue this?

I will come back to DF after a year off, might as well help maintain the tileset that I started playing with. Due to my work on the MDF mod I'm quite used to altering tilesets, especially Phoebus.

Collaborate with https://github.com/fricy/Phoebus
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 27, 2015, 08:46:17 pm »

Sad to see you go, Phoebus, but I can understand! Thank you very much for your work and your tileset. Pretty much the only one I like to use, DF wouldn't be DF for me without it. Take care of yourself and don't be a stranger!

JustMercy1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 27, 2015, 09:41:53 pm »

So, is there a link to a pre-installed package that's upgraded to the latest version?

Uristits

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 28, 2015, 11:22:11 am »

Yeah I need a tileset to really enjoy this game. I can play and understand the matrix, but I rather look at pokemonesque sprites. It helps with immersion. I've been waiting for tilesets and they just aren't happening D:

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 31, 2015, 03:42:50 pm »

Yeah I need a tileset to really enjoy this game. I can play and understand the matrix, but I rather look at pokemonesque sprites. It helps with immersion. I've been waiting for tilesets and they just aren't happening D:

Go get the LNP, it has multiple tilesets.

Sorry to see you go, Phoebus, but I understand.  You gotta take care of yourself. Your tileset is my favorite of all though, and I'm sad to hear that it's been the source of such anxiety for you. You did a really good job!
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Judge Dredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 01, 2016, 02:16:42 pm »

I had to reset my password on this old account.

I just wanted to say thanks Phoebus for the effort you put into this tileset, It's always been the one I've used!

Wish you all the best.

CazuzaCzz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 01, 2016, 05:37:14 pm »

When i was trying load a game from df 42.03 on 42.04 with Phoebus' Graphic Set, i started getting a msg error. "Missing Creature Definition: TIGERMAN"

After messing around for a bit, found that if i change one line of the file \raw\objects\creature_large_tropical.txt on my save it would fix something and stop the error msg.
I changed [CREATURE:TIGER_MAN] to [CREATURE:TIGERMAN]
After this i also needed to change the file \raw\objects\creature_subterranean.txt.  [CREATURE:TOAD_GIANT_CAVE] to [CREATURE:TOAD_GIANT]

I dont know why this happened. Dont know if this is something that need to be fixed or just something that i broke by myself.

Thanks for the Graphic Set, and hope that this help someone.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 01, 2016, 06:56:25 pm »

Toady added new units to the game it's not weird that saves could break as a result and perhaps he changed those names and just added some lines to the thing to give it a human variant in that set of code.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #552 on: January 03, 2016, 07:25:18 am »

Toady used different version of names, now he standardized them a bit. Some things are GIANT_animal, other animal_GIANT or animal GIANT. You have to look them up every time. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 03, 2016, 08:29:13 am »

Hello from dfwk.ru! One russian-speaking anonymous has improved human tileset and asked to publish it here.
Вопросник тред, post  No. 145507
Spoiler: work (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: comparison (click to show/hide)
forked fricy's repo, updated to 0.42.04, included this file: https://github.com/sv-esk/Phoebus.git
Instruction: download zip, unpack, copy-paste folders to your df folder(copy into all, owerwrite all)
Optionally - open your old init and new one, search for changes. You might want to change [GRAPHICS_FONT]  to Phoebus_16x16_TextBackground.png, Phoebus_16x16_Smooth.png or any other from data/art if you see them prettier
full list of new creatures:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:09:05 pm by sv-esk »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #554 on: January 03, 2016, 10:49:44 am »

Please, do! This is very nice work, thank you for the contribution.

Phoebus released the control of his tileset to the community, so that everyone can pitch in and improve it.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52