Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Update speed, slow or fast or in between?

Fast, as often as I have time and there is a suggestion.
Medium fast, a cross between ^ and V.
Medium, wait for at least three posts before updating.
Medium slow, a cross between V and ^.
Slow, one update a day.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58

Author Topic: Who Are You? (Rebooted in new thread.)  (Read 93408 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #750 on: June 22, 2014, 07:42:18 am »

Talk about our stealth rig, because bragging.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 22, 2014, 07:52:03 am »

Can we focus on somebody else already? This dude isn't doing anything interesting. Like, anything at all. And getting treated for stab wounds isn't really any fun at all, either. And even if something supernatural decides to intervene, as the boring car ride so far seems to indicate, there's probably little we can do to influence this foo' in a meaningful way.

And if that's not happening, speak at length about... I dunno, cassowaries? They're pretty cool no, wait! Politics! Talk about politics - a font of infinite conversation, that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:04:27 am by Harry Baldman »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 22, 2014, 09:09:55 am »

Just because you haven't seen monsters doesn't mean they don't exist. Weirder things have happened. To you even!

PiotraperPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Optimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 23, 2014, 04:13:46 pm »

Tell Zane all the secrets of out stealth rig! But only if he reveals what his job is!
He has some kind of government job, right? Government cares about stealth rigs, it may make him reveal his job!
^ This side up ^
I have a degree in Procrastination
Known for doing stupid grammer mistakes

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 29, 2014, 02:29:50 am »

*Draws Elder Sign and begins reading from the Necronomicon*
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 29, 2014, 02:35:34 am »

((I'll update in a day or two, I'm working out specifically how the next part progresses. I want to get as much character development as possible cause stuff ish gonna start happening.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 10, 2014, 12:55:10 am »

((Shits starting to go down now. This song will be a good thing to listen to for the next several updates. We will be wrapping up the Meeting Group 1 section in the next 15 or 20 updates. I can't wait for the next section of this chapter.))

Just because you haven't seen monsters doesn't mean they don't exist. Weirder things have happened. To you even!
... True.

So, my dear host, how long have you been hearing us? Was it linked to any particular event, especially of the supernatural variety? Anything relating to a Distortion of some sort would be especially helpful...
Always, although the volume and number of you tends to rise right before something bad happens, and it's louder then I can remember it ever being.

Can we focus on somebody else already? This dude isn't doing anything interesting. Like, anything at all. And getting treated for stab wounds isn't really any fun at all, either. And even if something supernatural decides to intervene, as the boring car ride so far seems to indicate, there's probably little we can do to influence this foo' in a meaningful way.

And if that's not happening, speak at length about... I dunno, cassowaries? They're pretty cool no, wait! Politics! Talk about politics - a font of infinite conversation, that.

If I had a way to send you off, I most certainly would. However I don't currently have a way, sorry.

Talk about our stealth rig, because bragging.
He's the one who buys the parts, he knows what I'm building and he knows it'll be awesome.

Tell Zane all the secrets of out stealth rig! But only if he reveals what his job is!
He has some kind of government job, right? Government cares about stealth rigs, it may make him reveal his job!

He knows about the rig and what it can do, he gets the parts for it. Not gonna be enough. Although it would be nice if it was.

... The crap? Do you voices hear that? The number of you just skyrocketed, and got loud. Very Very very loud.

Zane..? The voices just got super lo- Zane's phone goes off. Zane looks at the number and picks it up, accidentally setting it to speaker. Why are you calling with the emergency number?

"Sir, I've been instructed to inform you that Blue Mills and the surrounding area is about to get phased. Get the Scribe and get to base as soon as possible. Something got loose in the city. The techs say it's on par with the China event. Although we noticed it early and hopefully can restrict it to the city and the surrounding countryside. You have about an hour before the phase activates. Hurry."

"What?! Who the hegjit was in charge of scanning? How did we not notice this sooner?! I have Alex with me right now, but he needs medical attention, get Tervin up to the first level to wait for our arrival. Diverting to the bunker now."

"Yes sir, understood. Stay safe. Try not to die."

"Talk to you soon." Zane hangs up.

"Alex, we aren't going to be going to the hospital, the city is about to get phased, I have no idea what happened but we are going to be heading to the bunker, there is someone there who is by far a better doctor then anyone we would have found at the hospital. Are you okay with that Alex?"
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:18:51 pm by Kevak »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 10, 2014, 01:15:24 am »

Fuck. Listen to me, Alex. Agree to it. Agree to virtually anything Zane says, because he knows much more about probably anything that's going to happen than any of us do.

I think I might know what the phase is. It seems to be an event in which it appears that the rules of reality begin to break down, usually resulting into something quite unpleasant, to say the least. In the interest of further understanding the Distortions, which I think is the same thing as phasing, I need you to answer a few questions.
Have you ever heard of Lune? Are you familiar with the classpects, such as Scribe, which you apparently are? Do you have any weapons on you, or any skill in using any kind of weapons? What about making traps? What is the scope of the evident supernatural events you're experiencing?

My apologies for the barrage of questions, but we've observed several others under similar circumstances; your friends, in fact. None of them have sustained any wounds in the time we've observed them, except maybe KnWa, but for all except JeTh and his friend, Ivan, the situation doesn't look advantageous; CaHa's in particular. Sorry for using their usernames, but I'm not sure how familiar you are with their actual names.

Finally, please, ask Zane about Lune if you don't know about it already. Also, ask about the Scribe, since that's one of the Classpects we're unfamiliar with. This information could be extremely helpful in dealings with attempting to keep you and your friends safe and unharmed, but I doubt Zane will tell you much.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 10, 2014, 08:41:26 am »

Fuck. Listen to me, Alex. Agree to it. Agree to virtually anything Zane says, because he knows much more about probably anything that's going to happen than any of us do.

I think I might know what the phase is. It seems to be an event in which it appears that the rules of reality begin to break down, usually resulting into something quite unpleasant, to say the least. In the interest of further understanding the Distortions, which I think is the same thing as phasing, I need you to answer a few questions.
Have you ever heard of Lune? Are you familiar with the classpects, such as Scribe, which you apparently are? Do you have any weapons on you, or any skill in using any kind of weapons? What about making traps? What is the scope of the evident supernatural events you're experiencing?

My apologies for the barrage of questions, but we've observed several others under similar circumstances; your friends, in fact. None of them have sustained any wounds in the time we've observed them, except maybe KnWa, but for all except JeTh and his friend, Ivan, the situation doesn't look advantageous; CaHa's in particular. Sorry for using their usernames, but I'm not sure how familiar you are with their actual names.

Finally, please, ask Zane about Lune if you don't know about it already. Also, ask about the Scribe, since that's one of the Classpects we're unfamiliar with. This information could be extremely helpful in dealings with attempting to keep you and your friends safe and unharmed, but I doubt Zane will tell you much.

Perhaps we may all converge onto one ideal. At the very least, I believe this to be true.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 10, 2014, 10:16:50 am »

Crap! The stealth rig  is back at the house. We're going to need to figure out how to retrieve that at some point. Try and get Zane to spill verything with the excuse of the imminent deadly danger.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 24, 2014, 03:39:31 am »

...Huh. I was reading through the thread, and I noticed the first person to ever call the Distortions by that name was Alex. I've got to wonder if, by saying what I posted above, we managed to perform a Bootstrap paradox.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 24, 2014, 04:00:03 am »

Yay! Apocalypse! Took it long enough, amirite?

Anyhow, go along with what Zane says (or, you know, take the reasonable alternative of dying if you feel like it). We know that's what you're going to do anyway, so let's not pretend here, okay?

Remind Zane that this is probably nothing to worry about, and that things will likely be sorted out in due time. Proclaim faith (mostly for your own sake, but also as moral support) in his godlike secret agent abilities in the face of his greatest mission yet.

Keep calm and pay no attention to these panicky voices. You're going to be A-OK, and no amount of exposition can change that. All that you will lose, you will rebuild.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 24, 2014, 10:26:56 am »

...Huh. I was reading through the thread, and I noticed the first person to ever call the Distortions by that name was Alex. I've got to wonder if, by saying what I posted above, we managed to perform a Bootstrap paradox.
I wouldn't put it passed Kevak.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 24, 2014, 03:45:58 pm »

((This story is going to involve a whooole lot of temporal shenanigans and universe hopping, on top of general planier travel. Of course there are going to be paradoxes. I mean, there are like a hundred currently planned and I have ways to sort out ones you peeps cause~)) ...Paradoxes make my brain hurt.

Crap! The stealth rig  is back at the house. We're going to need to figure out how to retrieve that at some point. Try and get Zane to spill verything with the excuse of the imminent deadly danger.
.... A stealth rig would do absolutely nothing if something is bad enough to need phasing.

Yay! Apocalypse! Took it long enough, amirite?

Anyhow, go along with what Zane says (or, you know, take the reasonable alternative of dying if you feel like it). We know that's what you're going to do anyway, so let's not pretend here, okay?

Remind Zane that this is probably nothing to worry about, and that things will likely be sorted out in due time. Proclaim faith (mostly for your own sake, but also as moral support) in his godlike secret agent abilities in the face of his greatest mission yet.

Keep calm and pay no attention to these panicky voices. You're going to be A-OK, and no amount of exposition can change that. All that you will lose, you will rebuild.

I don't think you realize just how bad it is when something needs phasing. To put it in perspective, the entirety of China was completely destroyed in hours, almost nobody was still alive when the phase was activated to sterilize the county. There is literally just a massive hole partly filled by ocean instead of a country of billions. Also why do you assume he's an agent?

Good idea.

I wouldn't put it passed Kevak.
Passed who?

I can build a trap easily with the right materials, unless you are talking about the Kira kind of trap, in which case I would need parts to build an android with to make something closish to the real thing, and those parts are rather expensive. I have no idea what "Lune" is nor do I know anything about these "Classpects." I do not currently have any weapons on me but I could build something easily enough. A Phase is a type of reality rending device, it literally rips a chunk of reality and dumps it all into a pocket dimension, it has nothing to do with reality breaking down. It's a last ditch containment effort to prevent something from ending the world. It literally consigns everyone within the phase to deal with whatever horror was unleashed on their own. They are nearly certain to die or worse. And to be honest, I haven't been completely straightforward with you voices, I have not Seen any monstrosities, although they do exist, Zane lets me have access to most of his files, pictures are strictly off limits due to potential mememtic hazards. Also I have no idea what the "Scribe" is.

"I'm okay with that Zane."
"Good."
Zane suddenly turns, driving along an extremely overgrown road, barely noticible from the main road.

((You peeps get one more turn of questions before [REDACTED] happens~))

((Also sorry for the sudden random disappearance from the forum, I've been sorting out some emotionbleh for the past week, it's resolved and updates should speed up for everything provided nothing extra gets thrown into the mix.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 24, 2014, 04:01:47 pm »

Look at you being negative.

Listen, the people of China, right? They don't exist. You cannot conceive of them as human beings and you know nothing about them. And now you never will. This is okay, because you never thought about them as people in the first place.

Similarly, whoever is around here is insignificant because you don't know anything about them, either. Neither do we. Their deaths will have no bearing on anything in your personal narrative, or the overarching one, for that matter. They will be a background statistic, mentioned as a way of upping the stakes and then promptly forgotten. Worthless and insignificant, all of them. As is the land. And even the world! There is simply no reason to care.

Let the tranquility descend upon your mind. Question not how I know that Zane is a secret agent of godlike ability (or some variant of this description, if you want to quibble uselessly as you obviously do). Point is, man knows his shit and it is your job as his child or maybe wife surrogate to extol his virtues in comparison to your own abominable weakness. Don't you think the man needs some moral support? Lots of people are going to die and he's going to assume it's at least partially his fault, that he's failed all these people as the great hero he is. Or at least that's how heroic failure is supposed to go. And so you must support him, to help him remain competent and confident in his own abilities. Do you think you're the only one with any sort of needs here?

Also, don't ask any questions of Zane. They will only muddle the matter further, not to mention decrease the impact of the coming reveals. Instead, answer this - where do things that get phased disappear to?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58