Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 684119 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, home of the first and best Pimpstack.
« Reply #2415 on: December 04, 2014, 03:30:29 pm »

I have an honest question.
Did I write a moderately psychopathic sociopathic person who doesn't care when he or others die?

Sociopath yes, but I found your character really, really unpredictable. As in I couldn't grasp their reasons for doing anything.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: December 04, 2014, 03:53:45 pm »

Even if this story is ok we should start a new one. We know we can do better!!! Just take what we learned from Steelhold and Demongate and apply it to a new story. One thing I know I learned is that we work better with no past influence when there is no set objective or story arc and when there is little to no resrictions. There has to be limits but let those Be your own common sense in most cases!!! That is what made Steelhold different we didn't say oh are final objective is to build a megaproject and you can't do this or that. We also didn't say lets defend against the bloodkin!!!! We just wrote and created one of the best story's I have ever seen!! Let's create another masterpiece not something we're fine with!!! Let's create a "New World".
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: December 04, 2014, 05:08:04 pm »

I have an honest question.
Did I write a moderately psychopathic sociopathic person who doesn't care when he or others die?

Sociopath yes, but I found your character really, really unpredictable. As in I couldn't grasp their reasons for doing anything.
Being extremely unpredictable was my intent, actually.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: December 08, 2014, 10:12:35 am »

*sigh*

I'll upload the save later today, with a brief synopsis of what happened that I would have written in narrative form.  I'm just... not able to finish the story :-\

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: December 08, 2014, 12:12:35 pm »

If you want to PM me the synopsis I can finish writing the story long form. I have a few free days and not much to do.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: December 08, 2014, 01:53:12 pm »

RIP in Pepperonis

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: December 08, 2014, 04:40:34 pm »

Should I get the badgerdogs to search for the deceased?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: December 09, 2014, 01:20:17 pm »

Yo guys, I think Gnorm is kill. Apparently he did something... Meatgod-y with a transgender mod.

I removed the thread created by Gnorm as concerns the quote above.  Gnorm has also been removed.

Anyway now it says he 'can't receive pms' so I'm fairly sure he got banned. Don't know when he'll be back, the Meatgod guy actually got his account back eventually but I didn't read the thread in question and can't say how fucked up it was.

So in summary;

a) RIP sweet prince.
b) Don't take inspiration from Steelhold's moral standards.
c) Your overseers are safe now, the nightmare is over.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:29:54 pm by MDFification »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: December 09, 2014, 01:45:04 pm »

No more mass killing of our dearest overseers! What was his final tally, by the way?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: December 09, 2014, 01:53:35 pm »

c) Your overseers are safe now, the nightmare is over.

They are never safe.

There's always an unfortunate accident waiting to happen: whether it's an unfortunate accident or an unfortunate "accident" doesn't matter.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: December 09, 2014, 02:04:29 pm »

No more mass killing of our dearest overseers! What was his final tally, by the way?

Let me think...

He managed to kill:
-Jackal (via goblins)
-Modi (via goblins)
-Lenehan (via Giant Tick)
-Emdief II (via 'training accident of an unknown nature. >mfw trans character mysteriously dies Gnorm)
-Rhaken (via Demon)
-Vlad (via goblins)

Congratulations Gnorm, on being responsible for 6/23 Overseer deaths! That's just over 25%!

Also, upon further investigation of the moderation log, he seems to be permabanned. Guess his thread was at least 1.5 Meatgods in fucked-up-ness.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: December 09, 2014, 02:24:22 pm »

Urk you'll get the save tonight, I'm bad at this whole thing.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: December 09, 2014, 02:53:09 pm »

Rest in pork rinds, Gnorm.
Your legacy shall live on.

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure the only overseer death I'm responsible for was myself.
EDIT: I confirmed he's kill, he doesn't show up on the user list.
Check page 474 near the bottom, Gnorm should be between Gnorc and Gnu.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: December 09, 2014, 03:01:42 pm »

Hrm. Meatgod was banned for child abuse or something, wasn't he? What did Gnorm get up to?

Also, I wouldn't say your overseers are safe yet. I still hold the record for highest death toll, I think, though I can't curse everyone in the fortress this time around.

Since we're close to the end of the overseer list anyway and the thread's been quiet for a good while now, I figure we might as well start planning for this sequel people are in favour of. Do you want to stay with .34? Going to .40 would be better in my opinion since we'd get to witness the slow advance of the bloodkin armies via reports from our liaisons. The world will have to be fairly small for FPS purposes if it's in .40 though.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:09:26 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 172