Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 692299 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Legs are for Cowards.
« Reply #1935 on: August 29, 2014, 01:28:23 pm »

....Did he just bite the ettin's throat?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: August 29, 2014, 01:30:55 pm »

From the engravings of FallenAngel IV, Legendary+2 Bodysurfer

Well, today was interesting, to say the least. All I know is that I can't directly contact my brother anymore. I do, however, have Anan's soul gem repaired. I have a plan to contact my brother using Ob Cat, but I cannot use my current body.

Later, at Vladimir Uristovich's tomb

"Aha, yes, his body is still here. Good thing nobody ever wanders this deep into the fortress, and a person dragging a skeleton is not suspicious here, at least not anymore."
FallenAngel IV starts dragging Vladimir Uristovich's skeleton upstairs

Around one hour and 30 minutes later, at Dan's lab

"It was so nice of Dan to let me use a small section of his lab. My machine is almost complete, one that lets me take over a dead body and give the illusion it's not a zombie. All it needs is one last piece."

FallenAngel IV puts Anan's soul gem in the open slot of the machine and it starts running with a loud thunk

"Now, to attach my body to the gadget over there on that bed."

A loud grating noise spreads through the halls of the fortress. A few babies start crying. FallenAngel IV's body falls into a coma of some sort, and Vladimir Uristovich's body begins to move, under the control of its temporary owner.

"Thane, where are you?"

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: August 29, 2014, 03:15:30 pm »

"Huh never knew Fallen was into that type of science of corpses, I wonder what he will do in that rotten corpse? Never-less I want to study his body well he is gone. Now where is my skull cracker 2.8 and my flesh to plump hemlet scrapper?"

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: August 29, 2014, 03:33:13 pm »

From the engravings of FallenAngel IV, Legendary Bodysurfer Vladimir Uristovich's skeleton, dead duke

I'm perfectly fine with Dan inspecting my inert body while I'm gone from it. The machine is designed specifically to keep the body of the traveler alive for at least 3 months unless it is charred or something to that extent.

FallenAngel IV in Vladimir Uristovich's skeleton sneaks into Thane's bedroom

"This will be easier than I thought; she's asleep and I guess dropped Ob Cat right next to her bed."

FallenAngel IV in Vladimir Uristovich's skeleton picks up Ob Cat with his skeletal fingers and sneaks off

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: August 29, 2014, 03:43:05 pm »

Ob Kat, not Ob Cat.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: August 29, 2014, 03:57:28 pm »

Ob Kat, not Ob Cat.
Kitty cat meow meow!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: August 29, 2014, 04:00:06 pm »

A wooden chest smashed into Vladamir's back. Thane jumped on him as he stumbled, snatching the hammer from his rotten fingers. She gasped as a familiar face came into view, shimmering like mist around Vladamir's. Fallen Angel moved suddenly and Thane lashed out without thinking. The real Vladamir would have dodged easily. Instead, his right knee shattered and collapsed.
"First, I seem to recall telling you not to touch my hammer," Thane snarled, crushing Vladamir's hand as he reached towards her. "Second, I hope this hurts, you psychotic son of a bitch."

Ob Kat descended, smashing Vladamir's face in.
"And you, shut up," she told the hammer. It was too late to go back to sleep, and too early to start training. The perfect time to start drinking.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: August 29, 2014, 04:24:50 pm »

Do note that, as Vladimir Uristovich's skeleton, FallenAngel can't feel pain or be exposed as himself unless in the presence of an object with the opposite signature of the item used to permit the swapping, Anan's soul gem.

From the engravings of Vladimir Uristovich's severely mangled skeleton, dead Duke

Well, that happened. I don't know how Thane woke up as soon as I opened the door to leave her room, but it's impressive. Still, I have access to far more corpses and far more magic. As soon as I find my locus of power, which I hid somewhere as soon as I joined this fortress, I will mentally tame an army of crundles. Crundles are typically seen has harmless, but in large enough numbers and with the element of surprise, anything is possible, especially when the entire military and everyone else will be convinced they're ordinary pets.
Once I do find my locus of power, I'll go from a person of average strength to the dwarf equivalent of a bronze colossus.
Then, I'll talk to my brother. Also, I need to get access to some bronze, some other materials, and a forge. I can make the magic mirror later; those are very simple to make.

Later, at the church

"I remember leaving it right at the site of this church... I think nobody will notice if I lift the tile right here."

FallenAngel IV slowly lifts the hard stone tile on the floor and picks up a glowing grey ring

"There you are. Now, to test my re-acquired strength."

FallenAngel IV walks out of the church, with the ring on his finger

Later, deep beneath the fortress

"Back when I used to wear this all the time, I could mine out an entire quarry with my bare hands. Let's see if I still can do anything like that."

FallenAngel IV shatters a large section of the wall, causing a weak fortress-wide earthquake and filling the tunnel with dust

*cough* "Perfect."

The next day, at the forges

"May I use this forge for a few hours?"

Unspecified metalsmith: "I don't see why not."

"Time to make a copycat of Ob Kat."

Hours pass and FallenAngel IV finishes his creation

"There, a perfect replica of the hammer my brother is contacting the world through. The hardest part is yet to come."

The next day, in Dan's lab

"I hope nobody misses this masterpiece green glass window."

FallenAngel IV takes a handsaw and some resin, cuts wood strips off of a larch log and sticks it to the mirror, then uses the rest of the log as a back to the mirror

"One piece of genetics, taken from the small bit of Thane's blood that got on Vladimir's hand when she crushed it, and..."

FallenAngel IV turns into a mirror-image of Thane

"This is the strangest thing I have ever done and I really really hope this works. I am going to have to drink out an entire barrel or two once I am done."

FallenAngel IV walks out of Dan's lab, wielding a replica of Ob Kat while looking identical to Thane

(OOC: The magic mirror leaves no trace of the original individual unless they want to leave one.)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: August 29, 2014, 04:53:19 pm »

"Kay that was strange. Maybe I need to get some more air, what do you think urist?"

"Arhhh!!! The pain THE PAIN!!!"

"Hm I agree with you perfectly and also I looks like it does hurt to get your flesh pulled off all at once, which is good to know so thank you."

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: August 29, 2014, 04:55:55 pm »

That's not how sensing sources of magic works. Even if Fallen looks exactly like Thane and she can't see beneath the illusion, she'd still know that there'd a person completely shrouded in magic in front of her. Plus, a mirror image of herself standing in front of her would kind of tip her off.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: August 29, 2014, 04:59:15 pm »

She wouldn't know for certain it's FallenAngel, though. Demongate is WEIRD.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: August 29, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »

Once FallenAngel, Danman and Flame started dabbling in magic, everything went batshit insane.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: August 29, 2014, 05:24:39 pm »

Well, from past experience, we know that Thane is probably going to try to kill something posing as her with magic. And since she possesses a short term memory, she's likely going to assume it's Angel.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: August 29, 2014, 05:35:50 pm »

Do note that FallenAngel has a magic ring that makes him stronger than superdwarven with catlike reflexes and a bunch of random required secondary powers.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: August 29, 2014, 05:49:17 pm »

...What the hell is going on in this place.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 172