Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 51

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: TDG (IC thread): Knight(mare)  (Read 32844 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Divine Gems(IC thread): You all meet in a inn
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2014, 10:28:02 pm »

:"At least in the area I'm from, yeah.
So, why're you out here?
"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2014, 10:37:42 pm »

"Ma and Pa kicked me out. So much as anyone can be kicked out of a mountain anyway. Probably for the best. Family was getting crowded anyway."

"S'posed to be 'checking out civilization for myself' and seeing if I prefer it to a nomad's life. Probably expect me to bring a man home or something. Dunno if I'll go back. Only been on the road a month, maybe two, dunno if I prefer it yet."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2014, 11:34:02 pm »

Torben leans backwards further, shoulders now touching the ground.
:"Kicked you out? That sucks. I mostly just left my parents when they decided Lignum was too dangerous, a few years ago. Didn't really think it was easy pickings anymore. ...probably shoulda listened.

So you're a nomad? What's it like traveling for a long period of time...? I've never been traveling for more than a month before.
"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2014, 11:50:03 pm »

Shaundra looked over when he laid down near her.

"Nah, it's fine. Know why they did it. Lean pickings, hard to feed a family of fourteen and one on the way. Figured the oldest three kids had a shot of making it on their own, and the younger kids would get a bigger share on their plates. Would say I'm doing OK so far but the blood would suggest otherwise."

She laughed at her own dark humor again before answering his other question.

"Don't rightly know; got nothin' to compare it to. Mainly we just moved from one mountain to another, living off the land and sometimes trading with merchants if we ran across 'em. Usually winter in a cave and stay moving in the warmer months. It's a life I guess. Lots of time to yourself 'long as you contribute to the stockpiles."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:51:59 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2014, 02:48:39 am »

The healer serving girl reaches Shaundra
:"And heals"
Her wounds disappear.

Meanwhile, a second serving girl look through the ruins of the smithy, before running back.

Walking into the inn, Alima spotted the innkeeper.

"So I hear that you might know what's going on with this attack? They were planning on razing the village to the ground it seems. That doesn't seem to quite fit for a standard bandit attack, hmmm? So why don't you tell me what you know, ok?"
:"I hope I'm wrong, but a long time ago, when my father ran this inn, a traveler had a meal here. He said he had a rough week and didn't have any gold to pay and offered a blue gem in payment.

My father accepted the gem, but when he tried to sell it to the wandering merchants, their mage took one look and told my father to hide it somewhere safe. The mage said it was one part of a set that had terrible power and must never be united with the others. So my father gave it to his friend at the smithy, for safekeeping in it's floor compartment.

I wonder if-"

A serving girl run up to him "It gone."

:"Damn it, I wonder how they found out about it.
He looked at Alima.
:"I'm sorry to ask, since you already done so much for us, but I would like to hire your group for a recovered job. I fear the worst with this."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2014, 06:14:31 am »

Torben is distracted from the topic at hand by the arrival of the healer.
:"Hey, could I get healed too?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2014, 06:24:08 am »

*Bonk*
:"There you go."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2014, 10:23:14 am »

His wounds healed, Torben stands up with a grunt, and holds a hand out to Shaundra to help her up.
:"Here, we might want to figure out what's going on."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2014, 11:18:22 am »

"Some super powerful gem and now I'm getting sucked up into plots. Ugh, so much for my simple traveling bard. I don't know about the others, but they should be over soon hopefully. Do you have any idea who might be responsible for taking it? Besides bandits that is. They pretty clearly knew what they were after.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2014, 11:27:43 am »

:"Not a clue, the only people who knew we even had the gem would be me, Khris, my girls and assuming she still alive after all these years, the mage."
he thinks
:"As for who would want it, it could be King Grim for all I know."
he look around
:"By the way, please don't tell anyone about the last sentence. The king got a temper."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2014, 12:33:55 pm »

"Yeah, of course not."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2014, 12:51:24 pm »

After all the talking, Jyggalag pointed to the road north, where the bandit boss went and then south, where the fleeing swordsman went. Then he looked at the innkeeper and slightly tilted his head.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:14:41 pm by Solymr »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2014, 01:02:42 pm »

"Well actually I'm going to go south, since the boss went north." He run that way, now the road is not block.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2014, 02:35:51 pm »

Shaundra accepted Torben's hand up. Once on her feet, she dusted herself off.

"Thanks, ma'am. You too Ben. And sure, sounds like an idea. Let's go."

She put her bow and arrows away and started walking toward the inn, where Jyggalag and Alima had gone.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2014, 02:52:55 pm »

:"You all here? Good, I'll go through the story again for those arriving."
*Recap*
:"And so I think it in everyone best interest to take back the gem. Since we don't know who want it, you four are the only ones we can trust at the moment who have the skill to undertake this mission.

Of course, I don't think you will do this for free so 30000 gold if you return. That total of course, we just a hamlet."

He nods at a heavy looking man
:"Khris here, the owner of the smithy, has some stock left and will let you lot have three weapons free for taking care of the bandits earlier and to help you on getting the gem back."
Choose three Physical Weapons of rank E barring the devil's sword and axe.
:"So, do we have a deal?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 51