Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Well this is new  (Read 1386 times)

Sacre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Well this is new
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:37:19 pm »

Hey guys, first thread I make on these forums. I want to show you guys the most odd world I have ever seen.
This is a small world, with mineral scarcity 100 and 70 starting civs, 999 megabeasts, titans, etc, no bogeymen because fuck dying to them in the middle of the night, 10k embark points because I like having a good start and rest default.

The odd things started before embark: I had rolled an adventurer before going into fortress because I wanted to reduce the local megabeast population and maybe get a few extra engravings, text on artifacts and etc, some things were off from the very start, upon checking around I noticed most blocks were MAGMA (image 2), more than that, upon G-ing the first corpse I noticed he had stuff made out of magma, or it was "molten", can't remember exactly. Also, the first item I looted was a mithril pistol with a bayonet along some SLAG bullets, it was weird seeing stuff made out of slag but hey, after all that I figured some sort of volcanic eruption happened during worldgen and people are adapting.

Now, the embark, I was surprised that there was no "meat" that I could add, added stomachs and intestines instead, and was pleasantly surprised at the variation of drinks however when I checked the tools I noticed I could get "Ethereal" tools for 0 embark points, I couldn't find any info on ethereal stuff and no ideea why I didn't add some to check em. My other options for 0 embark points was slag, didn't pick those because they weigh tons. Sadly didn't check clothing, armor.
Oh, also there are a lot of other things amiss there, like no copper stuff and other things.

This is my first time embarking on a mountain since I got sick of rivers, oceans and lakes.
1 )
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didn't check anything at first I thought the blue was because it was a "good" biome, I was pretty happy I found some kaolinite and it was pretty weird that I saw gems (diamonds actually), and malachite, on the surface but I thought this was one of the "mountain features" at first.

2 )
Those are the magma blocks I saw on adventurer and wasn't too surprised to see them about.

I noticed the things I was mining were leaving something on the ground and then I promptly checked it out as I had no seem blue rocks before.
3 )
Needless to say I was already shocked at this point, I did not see this one coming, as I did not see the next one.

Of course, after that, I checked the other rocks around and what do you know...
4 )
Armok must be laughing so hard he's pissing himself right now.

It also seems Bifrost makes dwarves sick, might be wrong though.
5 )
6 )

Alas, I dug down just for the sake of exploring and I found the real thing.
7 )
Regardless it's still odd because it should've had a diferent tile model and way too many of those blocks dropped actual adamantine.

Other oddities include but are not limited to:
Facehuggers (these are probably normal though), the "small ice/toxic/acid gem clusters".
8 )

Blind dwarf after a steam cloud passed by, might've been he just spawned blind though.
9 )

This other thing.
10 )

Beer vapors and down syndrome grass.
11 )

Floating brains (right next to the tile selected on the right, forgot to highlight).

12 )

Edit: I have closed DF without saving the fortress so if you guys want the world just tell me a place where I can upload it.
Also, I have checked the items I was speaking about earlier in regards to adventure mode, they are "volcanic"
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:55:07 pm by Sacre »

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Well this is new
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:17:51 pm »

That is an amazing world, what the hell even happened during world gen
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Sacre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:30:14 pm »

No ideea, mate, elves seem to have fortresses just like dwarves aswell, ALL their equipment is made of orichalcum.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:32:13 pm »

Duplicate raws?  This would be one of the milder cases if so.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 01:41:15 pm »

Yeah, check your errorlog.txt. You can have crocodile civs and "nothing" ground if you happen to duplicate raws.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sacre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 01:43:54 pm »

But why are the raws duplicated!? It must be the will of Armok!

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 10:30:29 am »

This sounds a lot like the time I forgot to delete the old version of Masterwork and just extracted the new one over it.  For some reason all my dwarves were nightwings.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 11:49:52 am »

lol, give me the map please, I really want to have adamantine from the start and fight orichalum-clad goblins :D

Sacre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 01:39:32 pm »

Sure, tell me a place where to upload.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 03:23:47 pm »

https://www.wetransfer.com/