Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41143 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Boarding Action
« Reply #585 on: June 26, 2014, 04:00:44 pm »

((I must apologize, but I haven't got a clue where we're at as a group. What exactly is going on, or is it time to choose something new to do?))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 26, 2014, 04:10:29 pm »

((You guys already had a plan but I hijacked The Wasp to go hunting for spideroids and/or titanium.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 26, 2014, 04:10:59 pm »

((You guys already had a plan but I hijacked The Wasp to go hunting for spideroids and/or titanium.
((Ah. That actually is where I thought we were. What now?))
My Area

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 26, 2014, 04:20:25 pm »

((I go spideroid hunting and you guys complain.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 27, 2014, 08:50:09 pm »

((Gah, I was stuck at a college orientation for nine hours yesterday, then went to see a graduation, then slept... then went back to orientation.))

-Dave abused the autopilot on Wasp and went back to the Pirate ship to investigate the spider robots in the container.
-Hamilton and Anton are going to go through the hard-disks from the pirate ship together. The hard-disks are now on the main vessel.
-Your character has finished setting up the drones to repair the ship's radiators.

There are two items that have not yet been processed:
-The bundles of shield plates Dave cut off of the pirate ship
-The container of furniture you looted from the pirate ship

Wasp is currently at the pirate ship. You can take control of it and bring it back... but you would be leaving Dave alone. It's an option, though. He can't override an override by three people.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 27, 2014, 09:52:23 pm »

Sure I can! New action:
Find an temporarily disable the autopilot by using my nanites to cut the power wire in a easily fixable way.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 27, 2014, 10:07:26 pm »

((Gah, I was stuck at a college orientation for nine hours yesterday, then went to see a graduation, then slept... then went back to orientation.))

-Dave abused the autopilot on Wasp and went back to the Pirate ship to investigate the spider robots in the container.
-Hamilton and Anton are going to go through the hard-disks from the pirate ship together. The hard-disks are now on the main vessel.
-Your character has finished setting up the drones to repair the ship's radiators.

There are two items that have not yet been processed:
-The bundles of shield plates Dave cut off of the pirate ship
-The container of furniture you looted from the pirate ship

Wasp is currently at the pirate ship. You can take control of it and bring it back... but you would be leaving Dave alone. It's an option, though. He can't override an override by three people.
((You are a lifesaver!))

Design a way to put the shields on Wasp.
My Area

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 27, 2014, 11:29:00 pm »

Spoiler: Roll Table (click to show/hide)

Einstein's Cross, Enceladus (Orbit)
Friday, Feb 7th, 2398
24:32 GMT
Mission Timer: 3d 21.5h

DATABANK

Current Inventory:
Voxels: 3465
Steel: 94
Circuits: 1
Fullerenes: 300
Water: 31999/32000 tons (DeltaV: 4220.238 km/s)
Uranium: 1999/6732 tons (DeltaV: 1253.1372571 km/s))

Structural Mass: 18000
Cargo Mass: 1 + 2x75 = 151 (Max 20000)

Spoiler: Cargo Hold (click to show/hide)

Structural Materials: Aluminum, Steel, Titanium Alloy, Polymers, Carbon Fiber

Construction Catalog:
--Bodies--
Engineer Body - 50 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Steel
Froggy Engineer Body - 80 Voxels, 15 Circuits, 10 Steel
Grasshopper Body - 55 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 5 Steel (can be replaced with 5 Titanium for better performance)
Paladin Body - 100 Voxels, 20 Circuits, 20 Steel
Saboteur Body - 140 Voxels, 20 Circuits, 10 Steel
--Drones--
Repair Drone - 40 Voxels, 3 Circuits
--Utility--
Mining Drone (Can be tasked to Mining Rig for increased production. Can also explore caves.) - 80 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Structural Materials, 2 Steel
Mining Rig (Automated. Can be left on a planet.) - 80 Voxels, 35 Circuits, 50 Structural Materials, 15 Steel
--Weapons--
Excalibur - 2 Steel
Falcon PDW - 30 Voxels

Cloud Catalog: Type (% produced) - Cost
Standard Nanite (100%) - 100 Voxels, 10 Circuits
Mobile Nanite (100%) - 100 Voxels, 10 Circuits
Mobile Nanite Controller - 10 Voxels, 1 Circuit

Cloud Storage: (Max 3000%)
(in use)
-190% Standard Nanites
-100% Mobile Nanites (1 Controller)
(extra)
none

Body Storage: (Max 12)
(in use)
-1x 'Boomer' (Engineer variant)
-1x Engineer
-1x 'Saboteur'
-1x 'Paladin'
(extra)
-1x Engineer
--1 Moderately damaged
--1 Heavily damaged

Spoiler: Proximity (click to show/hide)

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

[5] Without Wasp present, you initially believe it will be difficult to reshape the plates, however, you discover full schematics and model files of both the ship and Wasp, making it very simple to scan the plates and figure out a set of deformations that will let them be used as armor without adding needless bulk.

You also discover that the plates are made of a special titanium alloy. Difficult to melt down and reuse, but malleable under certain conditions that your manufacturing systems are capable of replicating.

Level up: Tinkerer!

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

[4 +1 (from Anton)] Checking through the headers on the files, you struggle to make any sense of the files themselves since none of the tools work to make them legible. There are text headers on each, however. Then Anton concludes: "They're encrypted. But it looks like they just took an encrypted file and slapped on a header that makes it readable to them for organizational purposes. I can have the computer make some sort of rainbow-table in order to figure it out."

His improvised program finishes running almost instantly for the first file, giving back a document titled 'The Pirate's Code'.

It reads:
The Pirate's Code

Although space is treacherous, there is still hope to bring civilization to even the furthest havens of scum and villainy. Since most pirates team up with strangers and random people whose skills go well together, it is imperative that there be a guiding force to keep them together. This is the captains role. He is not only the chief decision-maker, but an authority figure, acting as a mediator in times of conflict aboard the ship.

And furthermore, mutiny is a vessel's greatest enemy, merchant, pirate, or navy ships alike. A successful captain rules with an iron fist, and enforces his rules without compromise. The attached rules are a series of guidelines that have been adopted by famous pirates throughout Outer Sol!

• Keep your demands reasonable. Nothing provokes a self-destruct more than a ludicrous demand for your victims to hand over their entire savings.
  • Don't deal too much damage. Always shoot the radiators if possible--if your enemy is forced to fight back and can, he will.
  • For stubborn targets, be humane until nothing else works. The fewer war-crimes on your head, the better.
  • Always expect distress calls. If your enemy doesn't send one, chances are you're severely outmatched.
  • Be quick, but don't be quiet. You'll be seen and tracked across the system whenever you engage your thrusters. Your best bet is to hide your ship before the signal hits Navy sectors.
  • Never engage the Central Navy. Chances are that by the time you move into weapons range, they're already sending reinforcements.
  • Respect other pirates! Even in they wrong you, they are fellow humans in a situation similar to yours. As the saying goes,
If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
    if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
Doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi

[6-1 (from Hamilton)+1]

While Hamilton reads through a file (and puts a memory lock on it, preventing you from moving it to a 'Decrypted' folder as OCD dictates), you go through the rest of your files. Your rainbow table-based algorithm works wonders for the basic hashing algorithm used in the files. You uncover a technical diagram of the ship, complete with records of modifications, transponder I.D's accumulated over the years, and most importantly--the ship's mission record. You can track down the location of every base the ship has ever visited, which will do wonders for your incomplete sector map.

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel

[1] (WHY.)

Using your cloud, you tear apart the wires connecting Wasp's stripped-down autopilot to the navigation controls. Now you'll have to pilot it manually, or remotely...[/list]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 01:55:54 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 28, 2014, 08:07:05 am »

((Do I get a skill up? ))

Loot pirate container!
My Area

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2014, 09:04:09 am »

((Do I know how to fly a ship?))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 28, 2014, 09:12:07 am »

((I suppose I can fly it remotely for you.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2014, 01:01:26 pm »

Well, erm, you take the throttle and point the stick in the direction you wanna go...

Oh screw it. Flying a ship is nothing like a cargo submarine...

Loot pirate container!

((Yes, but I couldn't think of one so I decided to do it after I wrote the action. You see how that turned out...))

((EDIT: Actually I gave you a skill, I just forgot to write down the 'Level up!' text.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2014, 01:07:16 pm »

Loot pirate container!

((Yes, but I couldn't think of one so I decided to do it after I wrote the action. You see how that turned out...))

((EDIT: Actually I gave you a skill, I just forgot to write down the 'Level up!' text.))
[/quote]
((Thanks! I like watching my character develop into an improvisational engineer. :) Not trying to get on your case or anything.))
My Area

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 29, 2014, 03:41:47 am »

- Hey, I found some kind of Codex this guys using. Might come in handy either to decieve those guys or to make friends with them. [pass the file to Anton, open acces to it for everyone]
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 29, 2014, 06:29:22 am »

-I found better things - transponder tags and map data. Still, the code would be handy if we ever wanted to become pirates.

((Do we have a saboteur body manufactured?))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43