Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41181 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #465 on: June 08, 2014, 10:32:13 pm »

((Sorry for delays, I've had a lot of work during the last few weeks of the quarter.))

Einstein's Cross, Enceladus (Orbit)
Friday, Feb 6th, 2398
21:43 GMT
Mission Timer: 3d 18.3h

DATABANK

Current Inventory:
Voxels: 3970
Steel: 58
Circuits: 50
Water: 31999/32000 tons (DeltaV: 4220.238 km/s)

Total Ship Mass: 31999
Structural Mass: 18000
Cargo Mass: 3970 + 60 + 50 (Max 20000)

Structural Materials: Aluminum, Steel, Titanium Alloy, Polymers, Carbon Fiber

Construction Catalog:
Engineer Body - 50 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Steel
Froggy Engineer Body (Advanced heavy crowd control unit. Moves on magnetic treads and has reinforced structure/limbs. Equipped with mining laser and dual high-intensity speakers.) - 80 Voxels, 15 Circuits, 10 Steel
Mining Drone (Can be tasked to Mining Rig for increased production. Can also explore caves.) - 80 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Structural Materials, 2 Steel
Mining Rig (Automated. Can be left on a planet.) - 80 Voxels, 35 Circuits, 50 Structural Materials, 15 Steel

Cloud Catalog: Type (% produced) - Cost
Standard Nanite (100%) - 100 Voxels, 10 Circuits

Cloud Storage: (Max 3000%)
(in use)
-100% Standard Nanites
(extra)
-100% Standard Nanites

Body Storage: (Max 12)
(in use)
-1x 'Boomer' (Engineer variant)
-3x Engineer
(extra)

Spoiler: Proximity (click to show/hide)

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

Moving silently, you skirt over to the edge of the expanding cloud and approach the group of pirates.

[1+2/8 = ~2] They detect you! Armed with rifles, they open fire and suppress you behind a counter! Fortunately, you take no hits.

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

[2] The recycling process isn't finished yet, as you overloaded the manufacturing systems with all the parts from the floor cleaners and recycled pump components. And since these are high-pressure pipes, the factory must use special heat treatment processes to refine the parts to make sure they do not deform or fatigue over time.

You notice that, after the recycling is done, you have enough for the mining rig you planned before.
Spoiler: Mining Rig Notes (click to show/hide)

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

[3+2/8 = ~4] As your enemies continue to fire upon Avis' position while he hides behind a particularly beefy console--exploding with sparks from the side being peppered with bullets but still faithfully stopping all projectiles--you flank them from behind a computer screen of your own, firing twice and then taking hiding behind the screen.

Your muzzle flash attracts some attention, but the pirates cannot pinpoint your exact location. A few wild shots impact the wall behind you, hollow-point shells flattening against the layer of steel lining the walls, but none reflecting knowledge of where you are crouched beneath the desks. The gas cloud obscures your movement and the hissing of the poison from the still-active grenades overwhelms the sound of your knees scraping against the grated floor.

Speaking of which... it appears that there is just enough room for a person to fit within the space below the floor. Underneath is a maze of pipes and wiring, out of normal reach but still accessible to technicians with the proper equipment to lift the grates.

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel

[4] You fully charge your suit on the equipment charging cables inside the cabin. You neglect to leave immediately, spying a particularly large roll of extension cord against the wall.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Boarding Action
« Reply #466 on: June 08, 2014, 10:36:27 pm »

((So what's the status of the pipes atm?))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 08, 2014, 10:40:42 pm »

((So what's the status of the pipes atm?))

((They will be finished at the beginning of next turn if you choose to spend the resources. Spending 16 Steel will bring you below the required amount to construct a mining rig.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 09, 2014, 10:30:30 am »

Order construction of mining rig and then search for any other old equipment that can be scrapped/salvaged.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 09, 2014, 11:08:19 am »

Can I see what does the console I'm hiding behind control?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 09, 2014, 05:57:31 pm »

Use the extension cords to connect me to the reactor while I go outside and use my laser to cut a three-foot by three-foot hole in the side of the pirate ship.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 09, 2014, 06:41:27 pm »

Can I see what does the console I'm hiding behind control?

[6] Despite its housing being riddled with bullets and having a cracked screen, the console appears to be fully functional. It seems to be a standard desktop computer connected to a touchscreen monitor, running some outdated proprietary software used for monitoring the cameras on the ship. The account is logged in, and it seems that the user was in the middle of navigating some screens before being forced to flee from the workstation.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 10, 2014, 01:39:31 am »

"I wonder if they managed to put on gas masks, by the way..."

Try to get under the floor panels, then try to move silently under the enemy's position.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:57:48 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 11, 2014, 04:59:24 pm »

((Alright, projects are done! :D

Before I roll, I need to ask some questions))

Use the extension cords to connect me to the reactor while I go outside and use my laser to cut a three-foot by three-foot hole in the side of the pirate ship.

Outside of Wasp and into space? Or inside the ship? Because I imagine that running the same extension cords through the airlocks is a no-no.

Try to get under the floor panels, then try to move silently under the enemy's position.

Get underneath how? Do you favor looking for a spot (and possibly leaving cover) or simply bashing through (revealing your position)?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 11, 2014, 05:50:59 pm »

((Outside the wasp.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 11, 2014, 07:24:12 pm »

((Oh, and I still need an action from Avis. ;)))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 12, 2014, 12:44:09 am »

Get underneath how? Do you favor looking for a spot (and possibly leaving cover) or simply bashing through (revealing your position)?

((I assumed that the floor consists of some kind of plates, ad I wanted to remove one of the by hooking one of them with my knife for example. Something is wrong here, isn't it?))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 12, 2014, 02:29:31 am »

Vault over the console and sprint for another one, closer to the enemy.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #478 on: June 12, 2014, 07:17:31 pm »

Einstein's Cross, Enceladus (Orbit)
Friday, Feb 6th, 2398
21:59 GMT
Mission Timer: 3d 19h

DATABANK

Current Inventory:
Voxels: 3890
Steel: 1
Circuits: 15
Water: 31999/32000 tons (DeltaV: 4220.238 km/s)
Uranium: 1999/6732 tons (DeltaV: 1253.1372571 km/))

Structural Mass: 18000
Cargo Mass: [/b 1 + 2x75 = 151 (Max 20000)

Spoiler: Cargo Hold (click to show/hide)

Structural Materials: Aluminum, Steel, Titanium Alloy, Polymers, Carbon Fiber

Construction Catalog:
Engineer Body - 50 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Steel
Froggy Engineer Body (Advanced heavy crowd control unit. Moves on magnetic treads and has reinforced structure/limbs. Equipped with mining laser and dual high-intensity speakers.) - 80 Voxels, 15 Circuits, 10 Steel
Mining Drone (Can be tasked to Mining Rig for increased production. Can also explore caves.) - 80 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Structural Materials, 2 Steel
Mining Rig (Automated. Can be left on a planet.) - 80 Voxels, 35 Circuits, 50 Structural Materials, 15 Steel

Cloud Catalog: Type (% produced) - Cost
Standard Nanite (100%) - 100 Voxels, 10 Circuits

Cloud Storage: (Max 3000%)
(in use)
-100% Standard Nanites
(extra)
-100% Standard Nanites

Body Storage: (Max 12)
(in use)
-1x 'Boomer' (Engineer variant)
-3x Engineer
(extra)

Spoiler: Proximity (click to show/hide)

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

The floor is a grate made up of several detatchable plates. [2] However, since the ship is designed for zero-gravity environments, they are well-secured around the edges to a frame by several clips and bolts. You hesitate.

The rifle fire stops after a while. You assume the enemy is reloading.

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi

As you hear the click of magazines leaving their slots, you drag yourself up over the vault and deactivate your boots, while activating the magnetic grips on your arms. You swing over the console, halting your motion on the other side, then crawl over to a desk that's closer to the pirates. When ready, you are close enough to sprint over and grab somebody, but they do have guns. You're not sure about this body's durability.
During your flip, you heard the sound of a single shot from a different gun with a deeper and somewhat louder noise, but did not sustain any hits. In fact, the shot missed wildly and hit a light fixture, sending sparks flying throughout the room and bouncing off surfaces.

Suddenly, air rushes around you, pulling you back. It is only for a brief moment, however, and is more detrimental to the computer equipment and papers located around the bridge than it is to your party. There are now papers floating everywhere.

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

[5+1/7 = ~6] You build two mining rigs.

[2] Unfortunately, not all seems to be right! The ship's internal systems are alright, but a cursory examination of the exterior reveals that not only are the radiators damaged, but a stray hit must have damaged one of the frames keeping an automated fuel lander craft attached to the hull. The craft is dangling precariously at an angle, and even the slightest acceleration may dislodge it.

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel

[4] Going out on a space walk (in a powersuit with treads), you etch a hole in the side of the ship while tethered to Wasp via an external equipment power cable. Suddenly, the piece you are cutting out erupts from the hull, along with half a meter of insulation and impact foam. The piece is ejected out into the void, narrowly missing your power cable.

You feel the rumble of air leaving the ship through your treads. The flow is exhausted relatively quickly, however, and soon you feel and hear nothing but the stillness of space and your suit's Geiger counter crackling and repeatedly warning you of the local radiation.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 12, 2014, 07:21:36 pm »

"Well that's the end of that."
Roll back inside the ship.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43