Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41271 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2014, 03:22:33 pm »

((You gained a point in the Saboteur skill. I just forgot to add a bold "level up" text.

For the second one, it wasn't really your own skill involved, it was just a prediction that turned out to be completely true. A character making a prediction doesn't exactly make that thing more likely to happen. :P))
((Ah, thanks. I figured the second one probably wasn't worth one. Like I said, I was mainly interested in elucidating your methods. :) ))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2014, 03:27:41 pm »

How many people are in the room?
You, me, Ashcroft, and the techs. We can't just kick the crap of him here, too many witnesses.
Well I think there were some other people in the room and I don't know how many there are and if I can produce enough chloroform with my 10% Cloud.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2014, 03:31:50 pm »

You, me, Ashcroft, and the techs. We can't just kick the crap of him here, too many witnesses.
Well I think there were some other people in the room and I don't know how many there are and if I can produce enough chloroform with my 10% Cloud.
I recommend cyclopropane or an opioid like fentanyl, since you have nowhere to get chlorine for chloroform.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2014, 03:34:55 pm »

I recommend cyclopropane or an opioid like fentanyl, since you have nowhere to get chlorine for chloroform.
Not necessarily. There is a cart containing various chemicals of all types in the room.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 03, 2014, 03:44:00 pm »

Not necessarily. There is a cart containing various chemicals of all types in the room.
Well, okay. We have to open the chlorine canister without causing suspicion, though, and while chloroform is an anaesthetic, chlorine just murders people. Besides, estimating dosage will be almost impossible, and it's quite probable everybody in the room will OD and die. If we can get Ashcroft alone without resorting to chemicals, it would be best.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 03, 2014, 03:52:25 pm »

Try to figure out exactly where I am and how much farther the keys are.

You are in a room in the nanotech department, along with:
-Several workers wheeling a cart full of chemicals
-The technician
-The scientist
-The Froggy Ninja and Avis-Mergulus' character
-Samuel Ashcroft (your current target who has one of the keys)

It seems that the testing rooms are nearby. Ashcroft is at a desk checking various charts and monitors.

Anton nods, steps back and attempts to contact McDonald.

-Doc? Maybe you could message Ashcroft and tell him you'd like a word in private, so I can then bop him on the head? I don't see many opportunities to nick the key presently, there are too many people here.
)

The doctor starts sending a reply, but doesn't speak right away, After a moment of static, you hear him reply:
"That sounds viable. Hold on, I'm settling copied-Hamilton in my ship's hold, along with some power cords in case the batteries die. I'll contact you in a moment."

((I'll wait for you and Froggy to finish))

I wonder why don't the store those here, just in case they need a lot of those all of a sudden...

Try to sneak to the patient's room, preferably to the one's that I heard screaming - he is the person who most likely needs some of those medcines.

((Wait, guys, remind me once more why did we decided we need those in the first place?))

((So that you can safely incapacitate the doctors without having to bash their heads in or something.))

((Not trying to skill grub, just want to understand how the system works. That being said why didn't my character gain anything for either five?))

Felicia looked back on the scene with some regret. That scientist was likely working on the same problems she herself had been, or at least very similar ones. To sabotage his work like that seemed wrong. But she knew that they needed all of those keys, and it had seemed like the best option.

Leave in the chaos. Go to the astronomy lab. If questioned on the way there, say something about an injury in a small accident, and hold up the medkit.

Dr. Bentley didn't seem to lose much other than his time since he wasn't carrying anything important with him that could be corroded, and he was wearing a safety mask as per regulations. He steps out of the shower pod (since this is on Ceres, there is a small inflatable bag with suction at the bottom in order to drain the ) and tears a jumpsuit off the wall. He heads out the door, coming up from behind you as you leave and steps into his office.

Over the intercom, Dr. Yorick Bentley gently reminds the staff about safety precautions:
"Hello staff. Due to the... alarming rate of incidents this cycle I felt it necessary to remind everyone that these regulations can save life and limb. Keep your masks on when handling dangerous materials!"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:59:34 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 03, 2014, 04:19:15 pm »

I attempt to drill into and funnel the materials for chloroform invisibly from the cart.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2014, 02:03:15 pm »

((Avis, did you post an action?))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2014, 02:08:36 pm »

Oh, sorry. I'm just expecting a reply from MacDonald.

Anton, oblivious to David's actions, just stands still, waiting for the doc to reply.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2014, 03:08:33 pm »

Anton, oblivious to David's actions, just stands still, waiting for the doc to reply.

((I was awaiting a reply from you :P))

"Alright sorry for the delay. I heard some footsteps out in the hall and had to stay low.

Anyway, I could call Ashcroft to my office. Nobody should really pay attention to it, considering that I am head of the project. Of course, you'll be inside the office, waiting for him. I can tell you the padlock code, it's 1303. Do you want me to come as well?"

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2014, 03:12:54 pm »

((I was awaiting a reply from you :P))

"Alright sorry for the delay. I heard some footsteps out in the hall and had to stay low.

Anyway, I could call Ashcroft to my office. Nobody should really pay attention to it, considering that I am head of the project. Of course, you'll be inside the office, waiting for him. I can tell you the padlock code, it's 1303. Do you want me to come as well?"

Anton pauses uneasily.

Well...It would make the whole ruse more believable, sure, but are you certain you wish to see this? I cannot guarantee I won't mess this up. If you come, take a first aid kit with you, just in case.

Anton heads to MacDonald's office.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2014, 04:48:18 pm »

>Dr. Winston Arran, chief of staff--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Dr. Alice Walker, head of Astronomy--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Researcher Yorick Bentley, head of Biology--KEY ACQUIRED
>Researcher Samuel Ashcroft, Nanotech researcher--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Researcher Eveline Joyce, Nanotech researcher--KEY NOT ACQUIRED

CNR Laboratory, Ceres
Feb 2nd, 2398
15:45 GMT

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

With your limited cloud, breaking through metal is rather difficult, especially as your nanites are ill-equipped for combat, Taking apart hardened steel from the shell of a chlorine canister is difficult enough, but with only 10% cloud... you shrug. It's still worth a try.

[6] You locate a canister of elemental chlorine, concentrate the nanites into a small cone-shaped formation and spin the entire formation rapidly, engaging the welding tools to weaken the metal and allow the nanites to punch through. Your cloud slowly drops in strength as the nanites wear themselves out... eventually--and unexpectedly--the chlorine canister ruptures, spreading a thin mist of green gas along the floor. Samuel Ashcroft, as well as the scientist and the technician at the nanite tank both hear the rupture and spot the gas leak, each hurrying toward the exit. You don't respond immediately, but that's understandable to the normal humans in the room since you don't need to breath in this body.

darkpaladin109 AKA David "Pirate Dave" Smith

You are still very confused. The people around you are turning and running for the exit for some reason... you hear something about a gas leak? You're not sure if you need to run since you are, in fact, a robot. At least you think you are.

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi

As the occupants of the room flee, you stay put just outside of the room, labelled "Testing Room Control 1" via signage. You watch Samuel Ashcroft, particularly. He doesn't seem to be receiving any calls on his phone at the moment.
"Oh, there's a gas leak? Did Ashcroft get injured? If that's the case, our job may have just gotten harder. Otherwise, I'm still heading to my office. You should come too. It's located in the hallway just outside the control room you were awakened in. Just look for it, you'll find it. Just try to enter while Ashcroft isn't looking."

You head into the office and wait. Soon enough, Dr. McDonald himself comes in through the door and locks it. He pulls out his phone, pushes some buttons, and calls for Ashcroft to report to his office over the intercom.

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

[4] Fortunately for you, nobody here really minds your presence. Given that every time you look, there is a cart full of plants, locked crates, or robot walkers being carried around, seeing a single experiment walking around on its own through the halls isn't a big deal for them. When you get to Earth, though, it may help to find a disguise.

You make it to the astronomy wing without running into any trouble, although one group of armed guards did slow down as they walked past you. Security in general is much denser in this area, most likely due to the colonel's presence.

Dr. Alice Walker takes you by surprise as the blue indicator over her head suddenly flashes into existence as she appears around the corner. You're currently walking through a hallway leading to the main center of the Astronomy department. Up ahead, you spot rows of computers and a large volumetric display that shows the location of this base on Ceres as well as nearby ships. Dr. Walker seems to be heading out of the department for some reason.

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

Generally, therapists are needed in space due to the isolation and risks. Since this is a military installation, everyone who gets here is heavily documented and their psychological profile is known. That doesn't mean people don't go crazy once-in-a-while. The person in the room up ahead seems to be experiencing an angry nervous breakdown of some sort, although a calming male voice seems to be trying to talk him down. You notice a stun baton hanging by its wristband from the doorknob.

[3] You approach closer, remaining undetected, mainly owing to the emptiness of the hall. If the door suddenly opens, you're going to get spotted no matter what as you can't make a run for it without attracting attention.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:50:00 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2014, 05:12:52 pm »

Follow the others and help them with what they're doing.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2014, 12:32:15 pm »

"Dr. Walker, I wanted to talk to you about the viability of planets in nearby systems for colonization. Are you aware of any which do our could support an atmosphere similar to Earth's?"

Look for a way to take his badge, while talking to him.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2014, 01:34:27 pm »

Anton flexes his fingers and goes to stand near the door, expecting Ashcroft to enter and proceed to McDonald's desk without noticing him. If he does, Anton will strangle him until he passes out. If he notices him, Anton will pretend that McDonald also summoned him, and commence the strangling when Ashcroft is distracted by his boss.

- I hope you brought that first aid kit. Hell, I hope you know first aid. How attached are you to this Ashcroft guy?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43