Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41259 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2014, 11:00:39 am »

Anton hangs about the door, unobtrusive but ready to spring into action.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2014, 04:15:05 pm »

((Samarkand, did you mean to post something but forgot to edit?))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2014, 04:28:27 pm »

Find a way to spill ammonia on the Yorick. When he takes off his clothing to use the safety shower, snag the key. If possible, grab the medical kit during the chaos/ while pretending to help the doctor.
((I posted right after the turn. It must have gotten buried so you didn't see it :) ))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2014, 01:09:22 am »

>Dr. Winston Arran, chief of staff--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Dr. Alice Walker, head of Astronomy--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Researcher Yorick Bentley, head of Biology--KEY ACQUIRED
>Researcher Samuel Ashcroft, Nanotech researcher--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Researcher Eveline Joyce, Nanotech researcher--KEY NOT ACQUIRED

CNR Laboratory, Ceres
Feb 2nd, 2398
15:30 GMT

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

[2] You walk up to the scientists and innocently ask what their situation is:
"Greetings! What is it that you three are discussing? Is there something wrong with the tank?"

Your voice comes out obviously synthesized, disrupting the tone of their conversation with the technician entirely. Nevertheless, they respond to your normally, although your credibility as another genuine human being has completely gone out the window.

"Um," moans the first scientist. "We had Jacob come and examine this storage tank here. Ever since the incident inside the testing chamber the nanites have all started acting strangely... releasing sudden sparks and arcs of electricity. Our stock is running out because of it, as they're slowly burning themselves to a crisp."
"I'm not sure what's going on," the technician responds.
"I'm not trained to deal with these kinds of malfunctions."
"Well then, let's replace the cover, shall we? I'll call up the Colonel when she's done with her current work."

The glass appears very thick. Thick enough that it would be difficult to break even with a heavy blunt object. The technician reaches for the controls on the metal cover.

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi

Nothing unusual seems to have happened yet, though one of the scientists at the tank is leaving the others. He is now coming for the door, the one you are stationed at.

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

[5] Using your computer-enhanced vision, you peek at the documents Yorick has laid out on the lab bench. To your amazement, you spot a very familiar title on one of the sheets: "Inorganic Polymers with Structures that Encourage Root Growth." It's an entry to an academic journal you sent in decades ago! Most likely, the doctor was conducting an experiment involving plant growth--which means that he might actually try to acquire some anhydrous ammonia from the tank in the near future. You decide to sabotage the dispenser so that it sprays it all over his face. After examining the setup, you twist a few lengths of tubing and orient the tears toward the place the user is most likely to be located.

[5] As you predicted, your target soon begins to make his way to the tank in order to retrieve a sample of the toxic chemical. Your trap springs as soon as he twists the handle, spraying him head-to-toe with the corrosive substance, prompting him to scream loudly and immediately start running toward the nearest emergency shower, fairly close to where you are currently standing. You grab the nearby medical kit to make it seem as though you are helping, and snatch the keys from his discarded lab coat as he tears it off and activates the shower.

Yorick Bentley's name shrinks on your display, and the words KEY ACQUIRED pops up in red next to it. The poor doctor is still at the shower, trying to scrub every last bit of ammonia from himself. Other scientists abandon their work and rush to the scene, trying to help in any way they can.

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

Now inside the psyche ward, you hear the faint sound of screaming and moaning from within the inner rooms. You shudder at the thought that the project you are a part of could very well have reduced you to a bumbling idiot if something went wrong.

You manage not to draw any attention to yourself as you look for supplies. There are numerous packs scattered around the area filled with medical supplies and tools in case they are needed, although they are mainly for first aid and you probably won't find anything serious in here. Perhaps if you could sneak into one of the patient rooms you could access the more potent sedatives and anesthetics?

darkpaladin109 AKA David "Pirate Dave" Smith

You ask your group through the radio:
"Guys? Where are you all? I can't see--"
A robot in the distance turns its head to face you. You realize, then, that the robot is of a similar design to your own current body. Since you haven't been paying attention, you forgot that your whole group is using these kinds of bodies and that you all started in the same room.
Despite David Steel's expression being buried under layers of steel, circuitry, and radio transmissions, you feel the disappointment in his eyes as if you were looking at a human.

Your heads up display fully engages, painting five names in the corner of your vision. A simple objective pops up next to each: RETRIEVE KEYS.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2014, 08:47:08 am »

((Not trying to skill grub, just want to understand how the system works. That being said why didn't my character gain anything for either five?))

Felicia looked back on the scene with some regret. That scientist was likely working on the same problems she herself had been, or at least very similar ones. To sabotage his work like that seemed wrong. But she knew that they needed all of those keys, and it had seemed like the best option.

Leave in the chaos. Go to the astronomy lab. If questioned on the way there, say something about an injury in a small accident, and hold up the medkit.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2014, 09:00:51 am »

Anton shifts slightly, his posture indicating interest, then approaches the technicians.

-And are they still controllable?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2014, 09:57:00 am »

"Well we lost all our nanites and I would be happy to test how they react while in my Cloud if you would allow that."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2014, 10:11:25 am »

I wonder why don't the store those here, just in case they need a lot of those all of a sudden...

Try to sneak to the patient's room, preferably to the one's that I heard screaming - he is the person who most likely needs some of those medcines.

((Wait, guys, remind me once more why did we decided we need those in the first place?))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2014, 04:05:53 pm »

((Not trying to skill grub, just want to understand how the system works. That being said why didn't my character gain anything for either five?))

Felicia looked back on the scene with some regret. That scientist was likely working on the same problems she herself had been, or at least very similar ones. To sabotage his work like that seemed wrong. But she knew that they needed all of those keys, and it had seemed like the best option.

Leave in the chaos. Go to the astronomy lab. If questioned on the way there, say something about an injury in a small accident, and hold up the medkit.

((You gained a point in the Saboteur skill. I just forgot to add a bold "level up" text.

For the second one, it wasn't really your own skill involved, it was just a prediction that turned out to be completely true. A character making a prediction doesn't exactly make that thing more likely to happen. :P))

Anton shifts slightly, his posture indicating interest, then approaches the technicians.

-And are they still controllable?

The first scientist and technician are mildly startled by your sudden appearance, but the technician candidly replies,
"I assume so, otherwise it would have been considered a major containment breach and we'd still be up in alarms. Nanites are very dangerous to humans like Marcus here and myself."

"Well we lost all our nanites and I would be happy to test how they react while in my Cloud if you would allow that."

The scientist that is still here replies.
"Well you'll have to wait. Testing rooms are locked down for now."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2014, 04:08:28 pm »

Move towards David.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2014, 04:32:25 pm »

Move towards David.

[4] You take three steps forward.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2014, 02:58:30 pm »

Anton nods, steps back and attempts to contact McDonald.

-Doc? Maybe you could message Ashcroft and tell him you'd like a word in private, so I can then bop him on the head? I don't see many opportunities to nick the key presently, there are too many people here.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2014, 03:01:42 pm »

How many people are in the room?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2014, 03:06:02 pm »

Try to figure out exactly where I am and how much farther the keys are.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2014, 03:08:57 pm »

How many people are in the room?
You, me, Ashcroft, and the techs. We can't just kick the crap of him here, too many witnesses.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43