Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41280 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2014, 02:17:00 pm »

- Darn. Sad, no guns for us now. So how did we got to the psyche ward?

"Just outside of nanotech. It's right on the edge of the main infirmary."

What I mean is can I use them to knock someone out with a loud high pitched sound.

((Can a loud high pitched sound knock people out in real life? Your guess is as good as mine :P

If you roll high enough, virtually anything can happen though, no matter how impractical.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2014, 02:24:15 pm »

According to Wikipedia: Extremely high-power sound waves can disrupt or destroy the eardrums of a target and cause severe pain or disorientation. This is usually sufficient to incapacitate a person. Less powerful sound waves can cause humans to experience nausea or discomfort. The use of these frequencies to incapacitate persons has occurred both in counter-terrorist and crowd control settings.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2014, 02:31:25 pm »

According to Wikipedia: Extremely high-power sound waves can disrupt or destroy the eardrums of a target and cause severe pain or disorientation. This is usually sufficient to incapacitate a person. Less powerful sound waves can cause humans to experience nausea or discomfort. The use of these frequencies to incapacitate persons has occurred both in counter-terrorist and crowd control settings.

((Well there you have it.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2014, 02:47:39 pm »

- Okay then. I'll go get some amnesiacs. If someone wants to join me on this little quest of ours - you're welcome.

Head to the said ward. Behave like if I were busy with something, move confidently in said direction.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2014, 07:07:00 pm »

I attempt to collect a cloud and move half of it to the cameras disabling and if possible salvaging their power sources and the other half around the heads of the researchers generating sound at roughly 7.5 Hertz and 168 dB causing nausea and difficulty understanding human speech and breathing while still being below the human range of hearing so they won't notice until it's too late. ((Do I get bonuses for doing my research? :P On a more serious note how visible is the cloud when not holding anything and reasonably spread out?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2014, 01:56:16 am »

>Dr. Winston Arran, chief of staff--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Dr. Alice Walker, head of Astronomy--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Researcher Yorick Bentley, head of Biology--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Researcher Samuel Ashcroft, Nanotech researcher--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Researcher Eveline Joyce, Nanotech researcher--KEY NOT ACQUIRED

CNR Laboratory, Ceres
Feb 2nd, 2398
15:30 GMT

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

Hungry for more nanites, you decide to investigate the nanotech department where you can put your newfound abilities to use.
As you walk along, you notice a dim blue halo through the wall. The name "Samuel Ashcroft, Nanotech Researcher" pops up beside it in much brighter letters.

As you enter past the gate, you spot the other two subjects that the doctor mentioned, both controlling engineer bodies. One is standing dead still, while the other is actively looking around the room and identifying cameras--looks like he's already on the job.

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

You split off from the group and make your way through the hallways, looking for the biology wing. You find the entrance after following a group of workers carrying a large aquarium on a rolling platform. The glass tank was brought to a set of large steel doors, leading inside a lab with clearly divided areas for researching soil chemistry, toxins, and wildlife. The aquarium was attached to a set of rails and rolled over to a different section of the biology wing where the animal pens/tanks are located, but some of the workers split off from the others and started, seemingly, to look for a particular person. They spread out and affix their masks, each searching a different region of the Soil Biology labs.

You observe these people, hoping that they will lead you to someone important, most likely Dr. Bentley himself. [6] Fortunately for you, the HUD software does all the work, requiring only a brief glimpse of the masked doctor's eyes and facial expression through the goggles in order to put a bright blue virtual flag over his head.

Since the target has been identified and you no longer need to watch closely, you scan around for anything you can possibly use to subdue the researcher or otherwise. [4] You locate some possible options, including:
-A security guard must have left his/her stun baton on a table, since it's currently just lying there.
-A fire extinguisher on the wall, located next to a fire alarm with a large icon of a ceiling sprinkler next to it.
-An emergency kit located beneath a bench. A closer examination of the label indicates that it includes several sedatives as well as a gas mask and a defibrillator.
-A large cylinder of anhydrous ammonia located against the wall. Several warning signs are present.

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

You make your way through the halls, acting as though you are busy. [2] Despite this, an elderly scientist remarks as you pass by,
"Well would you look at that; Hours ago these guys were asleep in tubes."
He comes closer and demands your attention.
"Hey there big fella', what's your name?"

darkpaladin109 AKA David "Pirate Dave" Smith

((Darkpaladin is still inactive. I guess I have no choice but to let other people take his spot. If anyone is still interested in joining the RtD, feel free to post or PM me.))

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel

Spoiler: Your reward (click to show/hide)

To complete your plans, you've first got to get your hands on some nanites. Since the nanites are microscopic and mostly invisible in small numbers, you extend your senses to try and pick up any that might be residually scattered around the room, [2] though there isn't much to work with afterward. You won't be able to do what you wanted to do with this little.

Your options on obtaining more appear to be:
-A 1x2x1m glass tank near the storage closets appears to be filled with a dusty aerosol. These are most likely nanites, but the tank appears to be electromagnetically shielded, preventing you from controlling them from outside. There is a cover over the tank, although it seems to be lifted as there are two scientists and a technician verbalizing over the tank.
-A group of redshirts are currently hauling a cart full of various compounds and substances (including liquid nitrogen, acetylene, oxygen, and packets of dry ice), but no nanites, into a hallway.
-Another subject walks into the room, also using an Engineer body. Perhaps he can help?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 29, 2014, 09:36:13 am »

Find a way to spill ammonia on the Yorick. When he takes off his clothing to use the safety shower, snag the key. If possible, grab the medical kit during the chaos/ while pretending to help the doctor.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2014, 10:17:53 am »

Using what I have can I still disable the cameras?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2014, 11:54:58 am »

- Sir, Hamilton Teromo, sir!

Darn these military habits of mine...

- You wanted something, doctor...?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2014, 01:35:20 pm »

Using what I have can I still disable the cameras?

[5] Through some as-of-yet undiscovered optical phenomenon, nanites can position themselves to obscure an aperture with minimal numbers.

((Yes, you can))

- Sir, Hamilton Teromo, sir!

Darn these military habits of mine...

- You wanted something, doctor...?

"Excellent, still more man than machine," the doctor retorts to his assistant.
"Carry on sir, I'm just glad my work is being put to good use as I retire. Happy hunting!"

That was mildly awkward. You are almost sure this gentleman came right out of the psyche ward, which is directly up ahead. A security guard walks past you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2014, 01:39:11 pm »

I was thinking more taking out the power wire but cool. After obscuring the cameras how many nanites would I have?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2014, 02:16:11 pm »

I was thinking more taking out the power wire but cool. After obscuring the cameras how many nanites would I have?

((Well, remember that the nanites transfer power between themselves. As such, you'd need a path of nanites connecting yourself to each camera to keep them all obscured. With only a thin mist, this is incredibly difficult to do.

Snipping the power lines would probably be more feasible.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2014, 02:31:45 pm »

- Thank, you, sir.

And what did he actually wanted? Meh, who cares... I get those amnesiacs first. This is my primary objective now, right?

Go get some.
Sigs

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2014, 05:52:58 pm »

Can I use my nanites to covertly get the nanites in the tube descreatly from this distance.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2014, 07:10:43 pm »

Can I use my nanites to covertly get the nanites in the tube descreatly from this distance.

((Electromagnetic shielding prevents you from directly controlling the nanites inside the tank. Otherwise, anything is fair game.))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43