Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41163 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Boarding Action
« Reply #525 on: June 19, 2014, 05:07:54 pm »

- Ah, right. You got it. I carry you, you carry guns I gather then. Alright?
-Ah, sure. We'll be like a machinegun platform powered by two dorks. Magnificent.

Do this as decribed.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 19, 2014, 05:10:24 pm »

Order production of repair drone. Examine other ship to whatever degree possible.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 19, 2014, 09:14:53 pm »

Einstein's Cross, Enceladus (Orbit)
Friday, Feb 6th, 2398
23:59 GMT
Mission Timer: 3d 20h

DATABANK

Current Inventory:
Voxels: 3850
Steel: 1
Circuits: 12
Water: 31999/32000 tons (DeltaV: 4220.238 km/s)
Uranium: 1999/6732 tons (DeltaV: 1253.1372571 km/s))

Structural Mass: 18000
Cargo Mass: [/b 1 + 2x75 = 151 (Max 20000)

Spoiler: Cargo Hold (click to show/hide)

Structural Materials: Aluminum, Steel, Titanium Alloy, Polymers, Carbon Fiber

Construction Catalog:
--Bodies--
Engineer Body - 50 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Steel
Froggy Engineer Body - 80 Voxels, 15 Circuits, 10 Steel
Grasshopper Body - 55 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 5 Steel (can be replaced with 5 Titanium for better performance)
--Drones--
Repair Drone - 40 Voxels, 3 Circuits
--Utility--
Mining Drone (Can be tasked to Mining Rig for increased production. Can also explore caves.) - 80 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Structural Materials, 2 Steel
Mining Rig (Automated. Can be left on a planet.) - 80 Voxels, 35 Circuits, 50 Structural Materials, 15 Steel

Cloud Catalog: Type (% produced) - Cost
Standard Nanite (100%) - 100 Voxels, 10 Circuits

Cloud Storage: (Max 3000%)
(in use)
-90% Standard Nanites
(extra)
-100% Standard Nanites

Body Storage: (Max 12)
(in use)
-1x 'Boomer' (Engineer variant)
-3x Engineer
(extra)

Spoiler: Proximity (click to show/hide)

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

((Your magnetic soles are always activated on this ship--there is no artificial gravity.))

[5] You recall the locations of all of the weapons you've encountered thus far, allowing you to go out and collect them. Additionally, you inspect the closet that the pirates were running toward, finding ten hazmat suits and several sets of machining tools, including cutters and saws for disassembling the hull. The total equipment present can be salvaged for 35 Circuits.

Anton spots a console that managed to escape the gunfire unharmed. You leave him at the desk so he can investigate.

+5x Jawlark N5 SMG
+35 Circuits
Level up: Scavenger!

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi

[5] During the hunt, you stumble upon a console that is still intact and is also logged into the ship's mainframe. Using your rudimentary knowledge of starship computing, you gain access to the ship's schematics. You notice that the Engineer body has ports on the hands that can be used to link to the standardized data ports on most computers--this could prove useful as it gives you levels of control over technology similar to your level of control over Einstein's Cross, should you be logged in. Which you are.

The battleship Sigurd is an old vessel that was first commissioned in 2350 by the Central Navy. It was one of the first ships to enter the outer solar system, and it was also the first casualty the Central Navy faced during an engagement with asteroid pirates. It was presumed destroyed and scrapped, but the pirate group commandeered the vessel and continued to use it, abusing the old transponder tag Dawn of Justice in order to surprise civilian vessels and sneak by unwary navy crews.

The ship is critically damaged. Its reactor is stable, but its engine is completely destroyed, still leaking radioactive fuel mixed with water. The entire vessel is 120,000 tons, far too heavy for towing. In its crippled state, it is a ready source of Fullerenes (you extend the radiators so that you can send someone to hack them off and bring them to Wasp), Steel, Circuits, Water, and Uranium.

Level up: Hacker!

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

You further inspect the ship's systems. Your supply of fuel rods for the reactor and engines is lacking, which means you're going to have a hard time making it to Earth in any reasonable amount of time. In fact, you may want to increase fuel storage sometime in the future. Sadly you can't bring the ship closer to bear on the crippled pirate ship, or else you'll poison your crops, irradiate your water supply, and possibly kill yourselves if the radiation cellar around your bodies is imperfectly sealed.
But otherwise, everything seems to be in order.

The repair drone is built and ready for service.

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel

You wait on the shuttle, although you may want to go cut up the radiators and bring some back if you want to help your group. Your current body lends itself very well for the task.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 20, 2014, 09:57:58 am »

You got any titanium in that ship?
Slice slice, grab, grab.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:20 am »

Use drone to repair fuel landing thing.
My Area

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 21, 2014, 11:04:04 am »

-Hmm.

Check if they have anything in the hold, and if there are any expensive or useful electronics (or other parts) we can salvage before we scrap the ship.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 21, 2014, 11:22:48 am »

When the pile of guns and instruments is delivered, Hamilton sits down and establishes a connection to the Board computer:

- Computer on the Einstein's Cross, I have a job for you to do...

Describe the specifications for a modified engineer class body:
  • Two integrated paired SMGs (that takes four usual ones, amirite) to the suit's construction, preferably hidden and easily extracted.
  • Extra layers of armor, as much armor as possible as soon as it doesn't decrease mobilty
  • Extended artificial musculature, as powerful as our current resources allow
Prior interest in design is extended musculature, armor is secondary, SMG integration is tertiary.

Also request a redesign of one SMG to be held single-handedly.
Request a construction of broadsword.
Look at the amount of materials needed, make a sigh of dissapointment.

- Ugh... Daaaaave? Mind bringing back a lot of steel? Please?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 21, 2014, 11:43:50 am »

I cut yes.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 21, 2014, 04:57:06 pm »

Friday, Feb 6th, 2398

DATABANK

Current Inventory:
Voxels: 3800
Steel: 1
Circuits: 12

Construction Catalog:
--Bodies--
Grasshopper Body - 55 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 5 Steel (can be replaced with 5 Titanium for better performance)
Paladin Body - 100 Voxels, 20 Circuits, 20 Steel
--Drones--
--Utility--
Mining Drone (Can be tasked to Mining Rig for increased production. Can also explore caves.) - 80 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Structural Materials, 2 Steel
Mining Rig (Automated. Can be left on a planet.) - 80 Voxels, 35 Circuits, 50 Structural Materials, 15 Steel
--Weapons--
Gladius - 2 Steel
Falcon PDW - 30 Voxels

(in use)
-90% Standard Nanites
(extra)
-100% Standard Nanites

(in use)
-3x Engineer
(extra)

[3] Though a novice and Engineering and design, your integration into the network makes it easy enough to put your ideas in tangible form. You have no idea how to build carbon nanotube muscles, so you instead focus on adding lots of motors and armor on top of the modified frame, making it reasonably bulky but still mobile.

Design complete... not enough materials.
((Hover over the item to check its description))
New Design: Paladin Body - 100 Voxels, 20 Circuits, 20 Steel
New Design: Gladius - 2 Steel
New Design: Falcon PDW - 30 Voxels

[5] For electronics, you can simply bring the computers and hard drives from the bridge with you, setting the computer to decrypt the database while you perform other tasks. The ship's cargo section is, according to the schematic, unpressurized. Instead, four large containers contain most of the cargo. The weight of the cargo is about 120 tons--heavier than Wasp, which is about 80, but you can take one of the containers and strap it to the hull. You open the cargo doors, allowing Dave to unhook one of the containers and attach cables to it. Wasp's loading arm should do the rest.

Level up: Scavenger!
Acquired locked container!

The drone performs repairs on the drone hook, using a small amount of voxels in the process.
-50 Voxels

[4] You safely cut off a large part of the radiator and attach cables to it so that Wasp's loading arm can reel it in. Additionally, you attach cables to one of the pirate ship's cargo containers. Finally, you cut some random parts of the pirate ship's armor off and bring those with you in case they are made of something valuable.

Acquired 3x Whipple Shield Plates
Acquired 130 Steel

Wasp's cargo hold now contains the following:
1x 30 ton Cargo Container
3x Whipple Shield Plates
340 Fullerenes
130 Steel

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 21, 2014, 05:40:14 pm »

-Hey, Teromo. I think we need to grab the hard drives from their computers before we go, but seeing as I have a little problem with, you know, not having legs right now...Could you carry me while I carry the drives?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 21, 2014, 05:51:13 pm »

-Hey, Teromo. I think we need to grab the hard drives from their computers before we go, but seeing as I have a little problem with, you know, not having legs right now...Could you carry me while I carry the drives?
- The question is, are we in hurry? Because, you know, my engineer body is not in shape, too, and right now I would like to produce a new body and then go help you.
Hey, I have an idea. I can abandon my current damaged, but walking engineer, so you can take it to do whatever you need, since I can't see anything else to do now.

Recall Wasp and acquire steel, order production of Paladin, Gladius and Falcon PDW.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:39:04 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 21, 2014, 08:00:52 pm »

Melt the lock on the container and look inside as well as the other three.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 08:44:13 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 21, 2014, 08:36:54 pm »

Salvage Pirate radiators.
My Area

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 22, 2014, 12:18:19 am »

((I'll just assume you recall Wasp after grabbing the hard drives.))

Friday, Feb 6th, 2398

DATABANK

Current Inventory:
Voxels: 3615
Steel: 1104
Circuits: 22
Fullerenes: 340

Construction Catalog:
--Bodies--
Paladin Body - 100 Voxels, 20 Circuits, 20 Steel
--Drones--
--Utility--
--Weapons--
Excalibur - 2 Steel
Falcon PDW - 30 Voxels

(in use)
-90% Standard Nanites
(extra)
-100% Standard Nanites

(in use)
-2x Engineer
--1 Moderately damaged
-1x 'Paladin'
(extra)
-1x Engineer
--1 Heavily damaged

[3+1/7 = ~3] Swapping with Hamilton, having greater technical expertise than him, you investigate all the computers that aren't shot up in the bridge, removing hard drives. Finally, you take as many pieces and components with you as possible, bringing them with you back to the shuttle and strapping yourself in.

Before Wasp starts pulling the cargo along with it, you briefly open the containers and take some peeks inside.

[3] The first one (the one currently hooked) contains a multitude of packaged furniture and appliances. Valuable, but most likely not worth the weight. You examine the other containers.
[4] The second container is filled with structural materials and supplies. Perfect! [6] Noting this particular container, you decide to come back to it later and switch the cables once you are done looking at the others.
[2] The third container is filled with toxic waste, sludge, and other nasty pollutants. [1] Under slight pressure, the contents of the container eject from the tank, covering you in muddy water and chemicals which quickly evaporate in the vacuum of space, leaving nothing but residue on the surface of your suit.
[6] The last container rumbles as you open it. When you finish cutting out a piece, something emerges from within. Some sort of robotic spider probe lifts itself out of the container and fixes itself to the surface, appearing to examine its surroundings. A few more start to come out of the container. You're not sure what to make of this, backing away slowly.

[3] Suddenly, the first probe attacks, making its way toward you over the metal surface of the container! You are able to push yourself off into space and just barely grab onto the cable holding the first container to Wasp. Most likely in reaction to the video feed, Anton sends the shuttle off, giving the engines full throttle and blasting away from the pirate ship.
Holding onto the cargo cable for dear life, you watch as the furniture container is plucked out of the hold of the pirate vessel, which is now shrinking rapidly in your vision as you slide down the cable from the acceleration.

[4] You decide to observe the docking procedure as Wasp returns with a cargo container dangling from cables attached to the inside of the open loading bay. You spot Dave holding onto the cable and riding the container through space.

The cargo is safely unloaded after systems are checked and the cargo bridge is extended. You note the large bundle of radiator fins being unloaded from the shuttle. Made of carbon nanotubes, the radiators will be difficult to reshape without attention on a microscopic scale. You're not sure if the ship's manufacturing systems are capable of reshaping the fins to fit your own, but you can rig a few pieces onto the radiators to fulfill the same purpose as the extended ones, just without a proper ability to retract and extend from the mount.

[6] You find your items already half-built by the time Wasp arrives. The Paladin body is put together right after you supply the resources, and soon you are walking around in your shiny new suit, though it won't be shiny for long.

It looks like the party is back together! Even though you technically always were. Still, it's nice to satisfy human emotional requirements such as, you know, having a body and being with friends.

The ship is in good condition and is ready for travel.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 12:20:14 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 22, 2014, 05:44:17 am »

The curves of new body are staisfyingly plain and strong at once. Gladius is sharp and ready for everything the universe can bring against mankind, as ready as it was for thousands of years since invented. The hammer inside of the new Falcon PDW cocks with a sharp-sounding click. Like being born anew.

- Gentlemen, if we had alcohol and we had something to drink with, I'd suggest a toast for our first "mission accomplished", but since we have none of those, just congartulations.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43