Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41214 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2014, 02:31:00 pm »

"Unless any object, lets get this salvage mission started. I'll let someone else pilot, I need to keep working on the hydroponics issue."

- I want iron. I want iron and circuits and whatever to build a body. I want it desperately, I want it right now. Yes, let us get into this salvage mission.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2014, 02:31:40 pm »

"Unless any object, lets get this salvage mission started. I'll let someone else pilot, I need to keep working on the hydroponics issue."

Since the computer didn't respond to my UV sterilization request, try to manually get that system operating, if one is available. After than, inspect leaves of plants to identify disease vector.

((That's an action that requires a dice roll and thus is for the next roll.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2014, 02:33:49 pm »

Since the computer didn't respond to my UV sterilization request, try to manually get that system operating, if one is available. After than, inspect leaves of plants to identify disease vector.

((That's an action that requires a dice roll and thus is for the next roll.))
((I figured. I didn't mean it to sound snarky, just wanted to include it in my bolded action since I know as a GM I find it difficult to keep track of things which aren't explicitly labeled as actions.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2014, 02:40:09 pm »

((Thanks for that ^^

Waiting on Avis' action. I'm writing up the next turn right now.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 26, 2014, 02:57:50 pm »

((Thanks for that ^^

Waiting on Avis' action. I'm writing up the next turn right now.))

((As far as I know, Avis right now suffers some internet issues due to his current location and might not be active in next 12 hours, though I hope I am mistaken))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 26, 2014, 03:00:21 pm »

((Hmm, okay. Would any of you mind it if I auto-build 3 engineer bodies after Froggy's action?))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 26, 2014, 03:02:37 pm »

((As for me - naaaaah, I don't mind))
Sigs

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 26, 2014, 03:09:15 pm »

COMBAT REPORT:

Pirate Battleship thrusts to get away, but its gas-core nuclear drive fails! Its bearings seize and the centrifuge fragments, destroying the engine and spraying nuclear fuel all over the vicinity.

Proximity Log Updated!

Einstein's Cross, Low Orbit, Titan
Friday, Feb 6th, 2398
20:32 GMT

DATABANK

Current Inventory:
Voxels: 4170
Steel: 60
Circuits: 70
Water: 31999/32000 tons (DeltaV: 4220.238 km/s)

Total Ship Mass: 31999
Structural Mass: 18000
Cargo Mass: 4170 + 60 + 70 (Max 20000)

Structural Materials: Aluminum, Steel, Titanium Alloy, Polymers, Carbon Fiber

Construction Catalog:
Transmitter Unit (Needed for commander bodies) - 5 Circuits.
Engineer Body - 50 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Steel
Froggy Engineer Body - 80 Voxels, 15 Circuits, 10 Steel
Mining Drone (Can be tasked to Mining Rig for increased production. Can also explore caves.) - 80 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Structural Materials, 2 Steel
Mining Rig (Automated. Can be left on a planet.) - 80 Voxels, 35 Circuits, 50 Structural Materials, 15 Steel

Cloud Catalog: Type (% produced) - Cost
Standard Nanite (100%) - 100 Voxels, 10 Circuits

Cloud Storage: (Max 3000%)
-0% Standard Nanites

Body Storage: (Max 12)
-1x 'Boomer' (Engineer variant)
-3x Engineer

Spoiler: Proximity (click to show/hide)

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

[2] The computer activates the UV sterilizers in the air ducts. Since the UV lights shouldn't be shining into the room as it would cause problems for the plants and crew, it doesn't do anything to actually help the plants. It should, however, keep the disease from collecting in the air ducts and spreading afterward, so it's still a good measure.

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel

[4] You order the defunct rover to be unloaded from Wasp via the cargo elevator and brought into the factory. Robotic arms disassemble the vehicle, removing electronics and funneling them into the recycling unit.

Gained 400 Voxels, 100 Circuits, 100 Steel

[6 + 2 / 8] You construct a body, using the existing design as a template. You include HUGE speakers (-30 Voxels, -5 Circuits) and and repurpose the rover's prospecting laser (-5 Circuits) as a weapon, including a HUGE lens made out of the optical systems. The body rolls out of the assembly platform, allowing you to take control of it and walk about on two feet again.

Total Cost: -80 Voxels, -15 Circuits, -10 Steel

You also build 3 bodies for the others.

Total Cost: -150 Voxels, -15 Circuits, -30 Steel

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi

Well unfortunately you aren't able to go down to the surface yet as your companions disagree.

It seems you have a body now waiting for you. Froggy must have built extra units for the rest of the party.

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

It appears that the pirate ship has been crippled. That said, there is a lot of harmful radiation surrounding it. This is bad for its crew, but since your bodies are remote-operated you can keep your distance as you control the boarding team.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:56:36 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 26, 2014, 04:00:08 pm »

Inhabit one of the bodies an inspect plant's leaves to try to identify what the disease vector is.

"Radioactive field sounds pretty dangerous to me. I vote we work on mining to get resources, maybe the cloud will dissipate eventually anyway."
My Area

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 26, 2014, 04:04:38 pm »

((Note that you don't need to bring the ship any closer to be able to control your boarding party. It's safe because the radiation isn't strong enough to affect electronics.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 26, 2014, 04:15:39 pm »

((Note that you don't need to bring the ship any closer to be able to control your boarding party. It's safe because the radiation isn't strong enough to affect electronics.))
((Oh, if we can board from this distance then we should definitely do that! Hooray for remote control cyborgs!!!!!!))
My Area

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 26, 2014, 07:11:11 pm »

I board the pirate ship and use my new speakers to generate a soundwave of 5 hertz and 240 dB which would cause severe physical damage in the for of ruptured organs and cranium of any nearby humans.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 27, 2014, 01:12:32 am »

- Hey, hey, can we make any kind of handgun with what we have? I wanna board that ship, too.

Hamilton looks around for materials. Some kind of combat knife would be useful, too. Also take control over Engineer body.

((And I'm pretty sure we can do at least knives and swords if we can construct cyborgs, aren't we?))
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 27, 2014, 09:05:22 am »

((Say, Divide. How much is actually automated? I mean, what does a pilot actually do in this verse, save for small craft piloting? Is there actually a situation when one needs to switch to manually controlling a large craft, or is everything from landing to liftoff controlled by robots stealing honest people's jobs?))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 27, 2014, 12:51:24 pm »

((Say, Divide. How much is actually automated? I mean, what does a pilot actually do in this verse, save for small craft piloting? Is there actually a situation when one needs to switch to manually controlling a large craft, or is everything from landing to liftoff controlled by robots stealing honest people's jobs?))

((Orbital transfers don't take much human input to do, since it's just timing and thrusts without too many modifications to the ship's path. The pilot of a large ship is there to change courses, adjust the course while on the way, and occasionally for emergency maneuvers. Pilots do the maneuvering during combat, however, as well as during docking and other precision cases.

For smaller craft, the pilot flies the vessel like a normal atmospheric craft when in an atmosphere, since the computer isn't as adept as an experienced pilot when adjusting to problems that crop up. Wasp can fly around on its own in space, but for atmospheric flight, combat, and docking/boarding, the pilot is needed.))
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:32:04 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43