Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41246 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #240 on: April 13, 2014, 05:54:46 am »

- What is it, sir?

Damn. I thought I'll begin to punch people in the face a bit later, but right now if something goes wrong and he reveals me... I guess it is good right now I have no face to express emotions.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 13, 2014, 09:41:05 am »

"Hey doc. How would I procure a more precise Cloud if it is indeed possible?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 13, 2014, 10:59:48 am »

Divide, that strangle-action was mine, not DP's.

Death by missing spoiler tag. I need to hit preview while proofreading >.<
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2014, 11:23:54 am »

((I'm becoming quite the thief :o Also, I love you for all of the science references. Gravitational lenses are one of the most fascinating effects of general relativity imho.))

"Thank you for your time doctor. I'll keep my eye out for any developments you make in the project. It certainly sounds promising for widening the radius of our observations. And since my situation makes me uniquely suited to be part of an initial landing crew, I suggest you keep me in mind as well. However, right now I have to see the chief of staff. Could you direct me towards her office?"

Head towards Dr. Arran's office. If I find a spot where I won't be observed find a better hiding spot on my body for the keys.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 15, 2014, 12:25:04 pm »

-I'll leave Ashcroft here and go check on doctor Arran. I believe you can hide Ashcroft here until we get away, yes?

Head to Dr.Arran's office.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2014, 06:42:49 pm »

((I've removed darkpaladin from the posts. Too much inactivity.

If anyone wants to join while the party is still on the station, that would be great. We'll figure something out.))

>Dr. Winston Arran, chief of staff--KEY NOT ACQUIRED
>Dr. Alice Walker, head of Astronomy--KEY ACQUIRED
>Researcher Yorick Bentley, head of Biology--KEY ACQUIRED
>Researcher Samuel Ashcroft, Nanotech researcher--KEY ACQUIRED
>Researcher Eveline Joyce, Nanotech researcher--KEY NOT ACQUIRED

CNR Laboratory, Ceres
Feb 2nd, 2398
15:45 GMT

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

[5] The guard looks over the commander unit once and then raises his arms.
"I got no idea how this thing works, just carry on."

Alright, perfect. In your peripherals, you catch a glimpse of Researcher Eveline Joyce reaching upward for something. She seems to have let go of a box she was holding, which floated up due to the lack of gravity on Ceres. She is far too short to reach the package, which is now 2.5 meters above the floor.

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

"I don't know if he is currently there, but his office is in the Center of Administration. It's near the docks, but outside of the security ring. It should be easy to find once you're there, do you know where it is?"
You shake your metal head. The doctor tells you and then departs.
"Good luck finding him!" she says.

[3] You travel to the Center of Administration, where you find the chief of staff's office unattended and with the door open. Your first impression is that someone just rummaged through his papers and opened all of the desks. You can't find any loose keys lying around, or anything of value for that matter.

There are a number of people walking about the Center of Administration, including custodians, but none of the officials are Dr. Arran according to your facial recognition checks.

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi

The doctor nods and retrieves a syringe full of pink-colored fluid from his desk.
"We've got about three hours to talk."

Excellent. You decide to move on to Dr. Winston Arran as your next target. First, you may have to ask around to find out where his office is located.
As you leave McDonald's office, a purple waypoint appears on your HUD, labelled "Dr. Arran's Office." It's almost like your suit read your mind!
A text note soon appears next to it, reading: "Felicia: I've received directions to Dr. Winston Arran's office. I'll be heading there next."

You tell Dave that you're heading out and that he is on his own for now.

It appears that Dr. Arran is currently in the center lobby of the Nanotech wing! You walk right past him and slow down as you see Hamilton entering through the security gates. The guards behind him seem to be watching suspiciously,

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel

You contact Dr. McDonald to ask him for help.
"You need to have either smaller nanites, or better control over your current ones. It's difficult, because the computer already guides them fairly close to the operational limit. However, you are far more intimate with the system than I am, so I can't help you figure out how to master use of the cloud. I'm still not entirely sure of its capabilities myself."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:52 pm »

Nanoscopic pixel art go!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2014, 10:36:59 pm »

Ask the custodians if they have seen Dr. Arran. While doing so, look over their carts for anything useful.
My Area

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 16, 2014, 08:15:46 am »

Reach for the box and pass it to the researcher

- Miss Joyce? Do you have a minute?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 16, 2014, 09:57:54 am »

Anton activates his comm.

-Brosephs and brosephinas, I have located Dr.Arran. He's in the center lobby of the Nanotech wing, I just walked past him. Say, I have a plan. One of us should sneak into his office, then somebody else should ask him for something that requires paperwork, so that he goes into the office, and then we can jump him. What say you?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 16, 2014, 10:12:52 am »

I hope they will make it out without me. I have to concentrate on another target.

Ignore the message
Sigs

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2014, 12:54:14 pm »

-Brosephs and brosephinas, I have located Dr.Arran. He's in the center lobby of the Nanotech wing, I just walked past him. Say, I have a plan. One of us should sneak into his office, then somebody else should ask him for something that requires paperwork, so that he goes into the office, and then we can jump him. What say you?
Felicia replies in her comm.

I'm at his office already. There are custodians here, but I'll see if I can clear out most of them just in case this goes south. Ambushing isn't really something I'm comfortable with, but we do need to get out of here.

Tell the custodians there was a bad chemical spill in the biology lab that they should prioritize cleaning up, and then wait in the office for Dr. Arran. Look over the contents of my medkit as I wait.
My Area

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2014, 01:01:39 pm »

Anton thinks for a second, then contacts McDonald.

-Say, doc. Is there something I could request from the chief of staff that would require him to sign papers? Like, a department transfer or something.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2014, 06:17:50 pm »

Anton thinks for a second, then contacts McDonald.

-Say, doc. Is there something I could request from the chief of staff that would require him to sign papers? Like, a department transfer or something.

"Well we've got a number of options. I could ask him over the phone if I could talk to him in person. The problem is that Samuel Ashcroft is inside my office. Since people will figure we're done talking they will be looking for him. If they find him sedated in my office then we might be in some trouble.

Hmm... I can't call Arran directly into my own office because he doesn't respond to notices from any of the civilian staff. I can request a meeting regarding Samuel Ashcroft's position... that way there won't be any suspicion. I'll lock Ashcroft in my office and tell anyone I run into that Ashcroft is in the bathroom or something. It might take some time before he actually comes to his office, however."

He adds Felicia to the conversation.
"Felicia, are you able to stay inside the office for an extended period of time?"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:23:12 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2014, 07:51:25 pm »

-Yeah, as far as I can tell there's no reason I would need to leave.
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43