Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41153 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2014, 02:37:49 am »

-I vote we get both Nanotech people first, since it seems we can hang around the Nanotech department without attracting too much attention. Plus, there may be a chance to restore our Clouds, which would be awfully convenient.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2014, 08:42:39 am »

How much of a cloud do I have?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2014, 12:19:23 pm »

-I vote we get both Nanotech people first, since it seems we can hang around the Nanotech department without attracting too much attention. Plus, there may be a chance to restore our Clouds, which would be awfully convenient.
"It won't look suspicious for me to be wandering around biology, given my background, so I'll go pick up the biologist."

Find and retrieve Yorick Bentley. If I can grab any supplies, particularly medical or botanical ones, from that department while I'm there, do so.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2014, 01:20:22 pm »

- Ehm, doc... I know I should better stick to our current point, but... were you speaking about Armory recently? You see, if we gonna fight with something, we might need something beyond our pimped bodies.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2014, 01:24:47 pm »

- Ehm, doc... I know I should better stick to our current point, but... were you speaking about Armory recently? You see, if we gonna fight with something, we might need something beyond our pimped bodies.
-Hamilton, they're scientists, not soldiers. We don't want to murder them, yes? Though a stun baton could come in handy, I guess.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2014, 01:44:06 pm »

- C'mon, Anton, I'm not going to shoot anything in the face while in civil society, don't you see? I'm just totally unable to interact with people persuasion-wise without a gun pointed on their head, but it is not the way we work, so I'm just collecting some arms for further operations. Stun baton, you say? I'll try to find this while searching for others stuff. Why don't you just strike them to the back of the head, though? Non-lethal, effective.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2014, 01:54:04 pm »

- C'mon, Anton, I'm not going to shoot anything in the face while in civil society, don't you see? I'm just totally unable to interact with people persuasion-wise without a gun pointed on their head, but it is not the way we work, so I'm just collecting some arms for further operations. Stun baton, you say? I'll try to find this while searching for others stuff. Why don't you just strike them to the back of the head, though? Non-lethal, effective.
-Also concussion-incurring, dangerous, and just overall impolite. I mean, I've been in this body for half an hour, so I'm not sure I can hit a guy on the head without breaking his skull, and I'd rather not risk it. If I had some nanites, I would just synthesize fentanyl or diethyl ether or something like that, knock out everybody in Nanotech...

Anton's expression suddenly goes blank. He quickly turns to McDonald.

-Tell me, doctor. What do you know about the ventilation system in this station?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2014, 02:52:58 pm »

- You say it like using stun baton is completely safe and absolutely polite... - Hamilton grumbles.

Wait for answer about armory.
Sigs

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2014, 07:11:12 pm »

How much of a cloud do I have?

((None currently, although I'll deal with it while rolling. There's plenty to go around sitting in tubes, but whether or not you are able to sneak them out of containment is a matter for the dice))

Alexander instructs everyone to use the radio channel for all communication, and whispers into his comm device.

- You say it like using stun baton is completely safe and absolutely polite... - Hamilton grumbles.

Wait for answer about armory.

"There's too much security. There is an armory in this base that acts as a storage for military supplies that could be needed in an emergency. We can't just walk in there, however. It's for military personnel only."

-Tell me, doctor. What do you know about the ventilation system in this station?

"There are separate networks for each wing of the lab, although they all lead to the atmosphere control system. They regularly do maintenance on it using small drones, but if there's a bigger problem they'll close down most of the wing and bring in teams to fix it. The ducts are just large enough for a small robot to navigate, but they are neither spacious nor sturdy enough for a full-sized human or unit."
The doctor starts to clarify what exactly needs to be done.
"I would prefer not to inform the chief scientists of our plans directly. Many of them have loyalties to the Central Navy, while some simply don't want to get in trouble. If we can get our hands on some amnesiacs from the psyche ward, we could lead them each into a corner and make sure they can't report us while we take the physical keys off their hands. If you want to knock everybody out, you might want to black out the cameras, somehow. Just remember, if something goes wrong and the alarms go off, act natural and confused. Security will most likely believe you due to the circumstances."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:12:56 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2014, 08:38:01 pm »

Damn. Are there any in the area.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2014, 08:44:57 pm »

Damn. Are there any in the area.
There's plenty to go around sitting in tubes, but whether or not you are able to sneak them out of containment is a matter for the dice))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2014, 08:57:54 pm »

Sorry misinterpreted. Can the Nanites create sound and if so to what extent?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2014, 09:16:26 pm »

Sorry misinterpreted. Can the Nanites create sound and if so to what extent?

((They can make sound in the same way a computer's speakers can make sound.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2014, 09:11:59 am »

What I mean is can I use them to knock someone out with a loud high pitched sound.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2014, 01:43:08 pm »

- Darn. Sad, no guns for us now. So how did we got to the psyche ward?
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43