Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41164 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2014, 02:31:31 pm »

-So we need a crate and maybe a spare battery? Not seeing the problem. Why don't we just construct a crate using the Cloud, stuff Mk.II there, and then scram for your ship?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2014, 02:33:28 pm »

-So we need a crate and maybe a spare battery? Not seeing the problem. Why don't we just construct a crate using the Cloud, stuff Mk.II there, and then scram for your ship?
Point finger at Anton and nod fiercely in order to show support of that proposal.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2014, 03:59:21 pm »

Look for spare battery, or something I can salvage one from.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2014, 05:38:43 pm »

((Froggy Ninja will be included next turn, I am unsure about darkpaladin109.))

CNR Laboratory, Ceres
Feb 2nd, 2398
15:20 GMT

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

You temporarily usurp control of the nanites not part of copied-Hamilton's personal cloud and begin assembling a dolly and box out of the materials provided by copied-Hamilton. He disconnects most of his limbs and his head, leaving only the radio transmitter, battery, and a protective casing intact, floating on small streams of charged particles.

[6] Thanks to the titanium alloy that the commander units are comprised of, you are able to fashion the stealth apparatus with some material left over. You still have the electronics from the body available. The crate is about half a meter across on every side and is just large small enough to not be suspicious.

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

[3+1/7] You look to the laser turret as a source of a backup battery, and start taking it apart. Lo and behold, it has one despite being connected to the stations power grid. It must be a military model re-purposed for training.

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

Having little else to do, you watch as copied-Hamilton directs his nanites into the box, as well as both batteries, and closes the lid. Through the radio transmitter, still under his control, he states that he is ready and to move soon as these batteries won't last forever.

Chromatic Wasp AKA Chandler Davis

You suffer sudden pain to the head area and feel everything go dark as you are unplugged from the neural interface. It will take some time for you to recover from this, but chances are you get to go free without any further duties!

darkpaladin109 AKA David "Pirate Dave" Smith

((Nothing again...))

The doctor instructs everyone to stay quiet and push the dolly along the hall without making any noise. Immediately as it starts moving, all three of you hear the wheels--made of metal due to a lack of usable rubber--rattling against the floor.

[4] ((Stealth roll for the team))
One of the guards at the entrance to the maintenance passages briefly inspects the package, muttering to herself about it not being there before, but then shrugging it off since there is no way the crate can hold a commander unit.

Dr. McDonald calls up his coworkers back in the lab, telling them to send in the other two
"Hold on doc, Chandler is having some issues with the interface. He's not going to be able to come. The other one's fine and walking around. I'll show him the directions."
"Blast. Has David Steel recovered yet?"
"Why yes, he is in perfect condition--"
"Send him up."
"Doctor?"

The doctor closes the device and puts it in his pocket. He turns to whisper to the others.
"Gonna be a rough way out. I'll tell anyone that asks what we're doing that I'm testing how well you perform under standard workplace conditions."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2014, 04:21:26 am »

-Well, we seem to be fine so far. And seeing as we don't have vestibular systems anymore, we should continue being fine. I hope.

Anton shrugs.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2014, 06:09:40 am »

- Doc, no offense here, but I used to be a soldier, so I probably won't be useful in other fields of work. Though I'll do my best.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2014, 11:29:23 am »

((The following is directed at The Froggy Ninja's character))

You hear some static through the artificial sound channel. It slowly molds itself into a voice.
"Psst, I need you to stick around inside the med bay for a bit. Just stay where you are and don't leave. You're going to need to get all the keys to the various devices connected to your life-support pods. This may involve taking ambushing the other research heads and knocking them out. I'll contact you again once we have a plan."

The doctor turns to the three standing by him.
"So here's the deal... we can't just walk onto my ship. All five of you--or six, now--still have bodies. Your actual selves are located inside the medical bay inside life support pods. Those pods are, thanks to my own design, self-contained and modular. We have to somehow transfer those pods to my ship.

As always, there are complications with that. If you want to get away, we need to track down the other chief researchers and take their keys so we can unlock the systems connected to the pods. You'll stay fully awake since the pods have backups, but the actual feeds can be inserted into any standard life support system on a starship. Somehow, though, we need to inconspicuously get six giant pods into the cargo bay."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2014, 12:12:57 pm »

I attempt to use my nanites to disassemble the engineer class body's voice module and use it to add to my own allowing me to create sounds so high they cause unconsciousness in biological humans.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2014, 12:20:30 pm »

- Well, and what are our methods? Persuasion, theft or... intensive persuasion, if you see what I mean?
Sigs

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2014, 12:48:46 pm »

- Well, and what are our methods? Persuasion, theft or... intensive persuasion, if you see what I mean?

"As long as what happens in the lab stays in the lab. I ordered the other workers to wake another Project patient like yourself and the others. You can go explain the situation to him and help him. I'll focus on getting this crate on my ship."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2014, 01:08:01 pm »

Anton winces.

-Bit I assume we need some sort of ID to gain access to the labs we need? Of course, you're gonna tell everybody we're hanging about because you need to see how we perform in normal conditions, but...could you give us your own pass or something? I assume you're a top-clearance researcher?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2014, 01:29:37 pm »

Anton winces.

-Bit I assume we need some sort of ID to gain access to the labs we need? Of course, you're gonna tell everybody we're hanging about because you need to see how we perform in normal conditions, but...could you give us your own pass or something? I assume you're a top-clearance researcher?

"The whole base is a lab. Passes and all that make it harder to get around and slow us down. We have security measures in place on important things, but for the most part anyone who's here is already authorized to be."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2014, 01:51:24 pm »

-Alright, then. Which doctors do we need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2014, 10:02:56 pm »

((EDITED THIS POST, to give you guys a bit more guidance.))

"You can identify them by their blue badges. That's the highest sub-military level of clearance on this station. Here, I'll add them to your visual display so you can keep track of which ones you have. The software will recognize their faces and highlight them."

Everyone's visor now displays five names in blue letters. Darkpaladin109 and Froggy Ninja's characters both notice a blue halo around the head of one of the doctors in the lab. The individual in question is questioning some researchers over a dismantled piece of equipment.

The fives names are:
>Dr. Winston Arran, chief of staff
>Dr. Alice Walker, head of Astronomy
>Researcher Yorick Bentley, head of Biology
>Researcher Samuel Ashcroft, Nanotech researcher
>Researcher Eveline Joyce, Nanotech researcher

Some notes on the lab:
-The three major departments are Astronomy, Biology, and Nanotech.
-The Astronomy department has access to the base's telescope array, in addition to being the section where the communications booth is located. The colonel might be in this area.
-The Biology department requires people inside to wear face-concealing masks, making it more difficult for the HUD software to identify persons of interest. You are allowed to enter and exit at will in your remote bodies, although not without attracting interest. If you want to be stealthy you have to sneak around and not be detected.
-The Nanotech department is where research and testing is done on nanobot-based technologies like the Cloud. Your real bodies are also located here, as well as sources of nanites.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:47:23 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2014, 11:36:58 pm »

((Bump, let me know if you need clarification on anything. We'll be returning to a more traditional rolling setup after this.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43