Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 381090 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Banter and out of game questions: First time mafia stories
« Reply #630 on: May 22, 2014, 10:37:52 pm »

And Webadict noticing that, in fact, he was a webadict.
Webadict is coping with RL...he's taking a long leave from B12. :c
One of the unfortunate things about joining the forum when I did is that many of the old guard faded from the forum just before or just after, and I never got to play with them...
You don't need to play with us. We were far more foolish and inexperienced. I mean, I'm actually really surprised how well everyone evolved to play with me. I was the one that was beginning to get outmatched in games, instead of the other way around. I bet if we played a game of mafia, I'd probably lose.

Of course, I'd also be scum, so there's that.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 22, 2014, 10:51:27 pm »

IT'S WUBA YAY
To put it in a less all-caps way, great to see you back Webadict (even if only for a short visit)
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 22, 2014, 10:57:15 pm »

IT'S WUBA YAY
To put it in a less all-caps way, great to see you back Webadict (even if only for a short visit)
I figured I'd say hi and all that. I'd certainly LIKE to play/host a game, but I know that would be a bad idea.

You all seem to be doing well. How're the games? Anyone match BYOR's let's-just-give-the-exterminator-everything level of unbalanced?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 22, 2014, 11:05:23 pm »

You all seem to be doing well. How're the games? Anyone match BYOR's let's-just-give-the-exterminator-everything level of unbalanced?
I only recently returned, so I've missed a lot.

Choose-Your-Own-Mafia was a fun game, though it degraded a bit near the end (we knew all the scum's identities and were just figuring out the order of lynches by that point).

Highly experimental games seem to be popular right now, considering how the Mafia Setup Discussion and Review thread getting new ideas posted quite often.

Unbalanced...well, there was One Day Mafia, which was a different sort of unbalanced game (1 lynch.  4 choices.  1 day.  Scum wins ties in votes.).

EDIT: Also, someone decided that everyone having daykills in KOTM 4 would be a good idea.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:08:14 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 22, 2014, 11:16:51 pm »

I only recently returned, so I've missed a lot.

Choose-Your-Own-Mafia was a fun game, though it degraded a bit near the end (we knew all the scum's identities and were just figuring out the order of lynches by that point).

Highly experimental games seem to be popular right now, considering how the Mafia Setup Discussion and Review thread getting new ideas posted quite often.

Unbalanced...well, there was One Day Mafia, which was a different sort of unbalanced game (1 lynch.  4 choices.  1 day.  Scum wins ties in votes.).

EDIT: Also, someone decided that everyone having daykills in KOTM 4 would be a good idea.
Daykills? Nah, that's not what you do. If you have daykills, you starts having Mirrors. And Nexi. And basically everything I can think of.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 22, 2014, 11:28:58 pm »

Speaking of Experimental games, I think MMM is going/went well as a concept.
Can't say more because it's in progress still.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 23, 2014, 05:40:52 am »

Oh my god webadict is here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 23, 2014, 08:48:03 am »

Daykills? Nah, that's not what you do. If you have daykills, you starts having Mirrors. And Nexi. And basically everything I can think of.

More like someone daykilled the Network Robot.

And then I just waited until the town all shot each other, then shot the last survivor to claim the crown.  Still smells like penguin.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 23, 2014, 09:14:28 am »

You should see how I won prince of the mafia. Hilarious and penguiny stuff.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 23, 2014, 09:15:49 am »

And then I just waited until the town all shot each other, then shot the last survivor to claim the crown.  Still smells like penguin.
You have no idea how close you were to sucking a nightkill from me.

*retreats back into a corner*

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 23, 2014, 06:12:21 pm »

And who balanced that? Always account for every interaction when making the roles. That's why you end up with Targeted Network Robot One-Shot Cop, where you only get your Network Robot powers to function on the player you inspect, while you're inspecting.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 23, 2014, 06:51:21 pm »

How would you make your roles?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 23, 2014, 10:56:55 pm »

How is the best way to get someone to replace in a game?
Both with my current game, and for any future games where a replace situation goes on too long.
The Cyan Menace

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 24, 2014, 12:59:50 am »

How would you make your roles?
I had a list of every single role that existed in Xylbot's Mafia. I look at all the roles that are in the current round. I randomize the KING MAFIA. I look at the current balance, and then I'll decide to add an additional role power or role addition if I feel that role is too weak (or too strong). I keep adding powers until I'm satisfied. Usually, people get at least two role powers/additions. Sometimes three. I've had four before, but those are extreme circumstances.

As for additions, those come to redirect power away from how a role works. So, Paranoid Gun Owner (which is a stupid role) would start off with One-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner, who shoots a player if they target them, once per game. Then I decide it's still too powerful, so I go Confused One-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner, who shoots a random player (including themselves) if someone targets them, once per game.

Essentially, it's like making a game of BYOR but with half the role already created.

How is the best way to get someone to replace in a game?
Both with my current game, and for any future games where a replace situation goes on too long.
Send them the player's actions, messages, and role. Then announce said replacement in thread.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 24, 2014, 01:09:45 am »

No, not what to send a player and announce it :P I've already done that once this game.
How to find a player itself. My replacee has gone three phases without a replacer to take his place, I need to find someone to be the replacer.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 193