Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 381085 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Banter and out of game questions: First time mafia stories
« Reply #615 on: May 11, 2014, 08:22:11 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 12, 2014, 07:10:55 am »

Posting here since it doesn't seem apropriate to post in the thread now that I'm dead.
I had actually, despite my arguments for his actions suggesting scumminess, not believed that darkpaladin was mafia. However, he's been decidedly absent lately. Any explanation for this, darkpaladin?
I was fricking at bed and my connection got cut last night.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 19, 2014, 02:44:14 pm »

Cobalt! Welcome back!

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 19, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »

Posting here since it doesn't seem apropriate to post in the thread now that I'm dead.
I had actually, despite my arguments for his actions suggesting scumminess, not believed that darkpaladin was mafia. However, he's been decidedly absent lately. Any explanation for this, darkpaladin?
I was fricking at bed and my connection got cut last night.

None of us knew that. We only have what gets posted in the topic to go on. You were gone for an entire day during a sprint game, so I tried to get your attention. With no other evidence for scum, you looked like the best choice. The other option was a no-lynch vote, which is pretty much agreed to always be bad. We just had poor luck that game.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 19, 2014, 03:40:18 pm »

Advice: when dealing with lurkers, check their profiles to see when they were last on the forum.  People who haven't been on the forum (actively posting or not, being online shows up) for a while are likely honestly away.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 19, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »

I'm waiting on a bit more news to figure out what I'm doing in June (there may be significant traveling making it smarter to start in July), but I'm expecting that Iron Diadem is going to re-open for good shortly after I relocate on the 2nd.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 20, 2014, 01:38:24 am »

Fingers crossed!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 20, 2014, 03:46:09 am »

YES.

I can now put to use this medieval quotes book. Mwahaha!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 21, 2014, 09:31:17 pm »

Hey all.

I posted something to this effect on the Prince of the Mafia section, but due to unfortunate life things I am having to take an indefinite hiatus from playing mafia.  My apologies to all of those whose games I was forced to leave because of this.  I may be able to come back for a game or two during the summer (fingers crossed), but consider this my resignation from playing.

It was fun while it lasted, and I will miss all of you.  If anyone feels like running The Home Front, pm me and I can give you a link to the google document I set up for it.

Adios.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 21, 2014, 09:52:12 pm »

Bye, sorry to see you go. I enjoyed playing with you.

Can you edit the Prince of the Mafia title so it just says Prince of the Mafia and without the Round 4 D5 stuff?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 21, 2014, 10:01:50 pm »

Will do.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 22, 2014, 06:27:48 am »

Keep cool Wolf.

Possibly-relatedly, why's it so quiet on the forum this week? Do the kids have exams again?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 22, 2014, 06:33:59 am »

*kids*
*hmmhmmhm* :))
...Well my exams and finals are over. Just destressing and/or making up for the lack of [tons of] sleep.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 22, 2014, 06:38:56 am »

Do you think you did well in your exams? I never used to revise for mine except maybe on the day or the day before. I used to quite enjoy them really. I like writing essays and I work well under tight time constraints so it was pretty ideal. Now I think about it... I might miss doing exams.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 22, 2014, 12:18:52 pm »

I've taken my fair share of university exams in the last three years so I think I'm pretty good at it.

All of my classes are math and engineering related so I can't help you with creative writing (or technical lab briefs for that matter...).

From my experience:
1. Don't cram or do any stupid shit like stay up all night trying to "study". If you don't get the material in at most two hours then try again another day, obviously this means you should practice the material long before any exams are actually happening.
2. Get really good at memorizing. Even if you don't fully understand the concept, if you can remember the procedure to solve a problem, just do it. If you're using units, make sure to rewrite the units each time because it helps to keep things straight.
3. The average course has anywhere between three to five exams, professors usually drop your lowest exam, if the class is difficult it's very possible you can still get an A even if you get 70s and 80s on the exams.
4. The final exam is what they want to see the most improvement on. If your final exam grade is high, then you can expect your final grade to be pretty high as well if they see you're doing all the assignments.

Let me list exam grades for some of my classes with my overall grade; I'll list them from easiest courses to hardest courses. I don't know my final exams scores for some classes, so I'll place a ?? there instead. I also can't remember the scores I got on some classes like Calculus I and II so they aren't there.

Probability : A- (thanks mafia)
75 90 95

Linear Algebra : B+
85 92 ??

Differential Equations : B+
80 94 89

Chemistry I : A
92 95 99 ??

Physics I : A-
78 90 ??

Physics II : A-
89 84 ??

Calculus III : A
64 85 92

Digital Logic : A-
74 75 78 85 ??

Electrical Circuits : A
100 78 75 99 81

Case in point, even if you get pretty decent marks in easier classes, because the exam averages are so high you may not be guaranteed that A.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:21:42 pm by ToonyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 193