Advanced search  

Poll

Bloody Jazz

Crits.
Crits?
Crits!
Crits?!
Crits!?
Could you leave some enemies for the rest of us?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 101

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: TDG(OOC Thread)(Army full, but death may happen)  (Read 74471 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

At this rate we're gonna need our own subforum :x

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Bah. Bah, I say! I'm not gonna bother the Toad for a subforum for a game which seems to attract the same two-dozen people every time :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Bah. Bah, I say! I'm not gonna bother the Toad for a subforum for a game which seems to attract the same two-dozen people every time :P

Yeah, I need to implement some anti-same-player policy because hosting FEF for same cadre of people all the time is turning this from fun and entertaining into tedious and repetitive :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

So I hadn't even thought of Torben's family but I just yesterday decided his family is master thieves, including his one-year-younger sister, who is training to be MASTER THIEF. so I guess what I did is make up a second character idea just from backstory musings >.>
Those are the best characters. I like to try and make potential NPCs out of family members :v
*Suddenly remembers spy enemy for next map* Shame I made him male. The idea of Torben fighting his younger sister would probable make haspen pound.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

*Suddenly remembers spy enemy for next map* Shame I made him male. The idea of Torben fighting his younger sister would probable make haspen pound.

I would still be not proud because you're spilling info on next map in public :P /jk
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We need Beginner's FEF. Haspen mustn't be the GM for that.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, so part of the thing is, you've probably got most of the people you're going to get if they haven't joined one by now. Unless they feel unable to join because of how often it's always the same people, they're probably just not interested in this style of RP. So yeah, I dunno. *shrug*

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I have noticed that the games that tend to draw in new people at the games start tend to be ones that have unconventional settings like my mecha one, or irony's shortlived magical girl game. So I think it's less the gameplay and more unfamiliarity/disinterest with the setting.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the suspicion that it's actually short/ slowly updated games that do the attraction. FEF1 still hasn't finished after a year so they may not want to play too long.
We should make an easy shortish FEF.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

But I'm already making Noble Embl-

Oh. Nevermind.
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that was supposed to be the point of Nobel Emblem if you take out the easy part.  (Edit: Dammit, ninja'd by haspen)

The issue with any RP with battles, especially those using maps like these, is that you depend on people being around for updates. If you don't have battles, then it's easy. If someone's not around for a while, you just move on. But with battles, you're sometimes waiting days before just deciding to move someone and while you're in a battle, the amount of actual RPing that you're doing drops a lot. That's not to say that it can't be done, it's just especially with timezones and stuff, battles like these are always going to take a while if you get more than about four people.

I could maybe run a shorter easier thing at some point, but I'm pretty busy these days and also am bad at plot, so would need to come up with something interesting. But yeah, honestly it's probably a combination of all these things. Some people don't like the map style battles, some people find the setting boring, and others are put off by the "long" run RPs.

(I saw "long" because I'm on another forum where an RP is finally wrapping up after... 3? years? 4 maybe?)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ye that's why I said you shouldn't be the GM  :P

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

Eh, so part of the thing is, you've probably got most of the people you're going to get if they haven't joined one by now. Unless they feel unable to join because of how often it's always the same people, they're probably just not interested in this style of RP. So yeah, I dunno. *shrug*

I think this is part of the reason.

While we do fill up our own games to an extent, we have a few new players introduced, and we might likely get more. But The Forum Games and Roleplaying on here isn't so much heavy Roleplaying, which FEF's tend to have, and more along the Game side. Not to mention it is fairly complicated, stats, etc, it's a more difficult process than rolling a dice and 1-6 is how well you executed that action, you've got whole mathematical equations just to crunch out a single stat.

Besides, I doubt most of us are actively recruiting people for this sort of thing. If we want FEF to start gaining popularity, leaving the door open will attract a few of the curious lurkers and stragglers, but we've gotta push a few people in.
I need to put something interesting here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I've tried recruiting Tiruin (asked her to join Noble Emblem), but my one attempt at new blood was a fail. Wish Dwarmin took more of an interest in these. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

I've tried recruiting Tiruin (asked her to join Noble Emblem), but my one attempt at new blood was a fail. Wish Dwarmin took more of an interest in these. :P

Weren't they both part of the group that tried to do the old Fire Emblem maptools sessions?
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 101