Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "your strenght has been broken" out of nothing?  (Read 2908 times)

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "your strenght has been broken" out of nothing?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 04:57:21 pm »

found what have happened:
"The Dwarf Stoneworker Werebear bites The Stray war Dog in the left front leg, chipping the bone!" (in the log)
It looks like due to a bugged interaction when a werebear enters the map it automatically turns everyone into werebeasts too.Probaly somebody from the caravans (if not everybody) was a werebear and used the interaction to turn everybody on the map.I going to fix this out.

Nuoya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 06:27:33 pm »

I hope you've fixed it. I too run into frustrating little unforseen errors when I get into the modding but when it gets cleaned up and fixed it feels like you understand the game a little more. And the same mistake won't happen again!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 07:22:08 pm »

That in and of itself couldn't have caused the fortress to fall; Toady specifically ensured that if 100% of your dwarves are werebeasts and the full moon comes around, your fortress won't be destroyed. That was done while he was testing the werebeast curses in fortress mode. So, if your dwarves became werebears, then that might be related to the problem but not the only problem. Only other thing I can think of is if the transformation has no end value. It's conceivable that Toady added a string that ends the game if your dwarves have all transformed and will never turn back.

Is it possible that the werebears immediately die, for whatever reason, such that all of your dwarves transformed and then fell over dead?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 11:08:51 pm »

How about if you add the various no-bleed, no-breathe, no-thought, etc. tokens until something different happens?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 01:03:17 am »

found what have happened:
"The Dwarf Stoneworker Werebear bites The Stray war Dog in the left front leg, chipping the bone!" (in the log)
It looks like due to a bugged interaction when a werebear enters the map it automatically turns everyone into werebeasts too.Probaly somebody from the caravans (if not everybody) was a werebear and used the interaction to turn everybody on the map.I going to fix this out.

So it's like, werebeast enters, says "ZA WARUDO" and then everything dies?
._.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 05:27:38 am »

I don't know what the precise rules for "your strength has been broken" are; for the easier achieved "your settlement has crumbled" death, all your dwarfs need to die. It may be that "strength broken" has different conditions, e.g. you lose if you have no more sane adults. It could also be a bug caused by civ-civ interactions with your modded extra invaders.

I believe they are practically same thing - it's "strength broken" if you lose during siege/ambush and "crumbled to its end" otherwise. It comes always after you don't have any sane dwarves left (children and uncosicious count, so do tantrumers, but not insane dwarves).

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 07:11:48 am »

Here's a copy of the interaction raw (yeah i know that this is not the modding forum):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I guess that this turns everyone on the map into werebears and add the [CRAZED] tag (thus making the fortress fall because it needs at least a sane dwarf).This was supposed to add a interaction to the creature that have been turned into a werebeast,to make it turn others as well,thus spreading the curse.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:13:40 am by Magnusen »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 01:03:43 am »

Target line of sight would do it I guess. Everyone sees the bear and becomes one. It's like a memetic SCP.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 [2]