Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anomaly Six [6/6] IC - Wakey Wakey  (Read 3282 times)

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
Re: Anomaly Six [6/6] IC - Wakey Wakey
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 02:50:39 pm »

"A magician eh? An odd profession. I don't guess mine is any better, I'm a con-artist. I make-or made, rather, a living on tricking anyone with money. All stopped a few months ago, you must've seen it on the news." Christopher sat back down, "I'll let you observe those buttons then."

ACTION: CHECK INVENTORY.
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 02:52:45 pm »

"Quick on your feet, huh?"
I guess we'll need that."
Devries says calmly.
'Quicker of the eye. Running is something I try to avoid, although I can manage if needs be.'

you must've seen it on the news.
'And on the off chance we haven't?'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 03:02:13 pm »

Christopher shrugged and replied "I won't go into too much detail, but it involved a U.S. senator and millions of dollars... and eventually, the FBI."

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 03:06:09 pm »

David snorts at Christopher's comment. He turns away from the wall.

"The names David. College teacher and rather embarrassingly an ex-conman. I ended up in prison realized what kind of shit I'd been doing and turned myself right around."

Action: Check Inventory
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 03:07:26 pm »

mastahcheese

The walls seem to be made out of some smooth material, though it doesn't have the coldness of metal, and is in fact ever-so-slightly warm to the touch. Your nails make muted tapping sounds against it, suggesting whatever it is, it's thick.

The feeling of being watched intensifies.

sjm9876 and zacen299

The buttons are set in small dimples in the walls and floor. The one one the roof is clearly out of reach - neither of you are ten metres tall. The lights in all the buttons appear to be off behind the murky plastic.

Dwarmin

You pat down your jumpsuit. It's useful for staying concious during high-g manevours, is stain adn flame resistant, but is sadly empty - you had kept it so to reduce the risk of something coming free during launch.

Epichighfive321

Seeing the pilot woman pat down her jumpsuit, you do the same to your expensive - if slightly ruffled - suit. The police empted your pockets, and you realise they also took your shoes. You've got nothing but socks.

WhitiusOpus

You remain face down on the floor, unconscious. You have no feeling of being watched because you are unconscious.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 03:13:13 pm »

"Alright, we need to figure out how to get out of here. Anyone got any ideas?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 03:42:55 pm »

'Well, I see buttons. What could possibly go wrong, right?'

Unless someone stops me, press the button on the red wall.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 03:45:52 pm »

Coleen scratched the back of her neck, feeling that...watchfulness...all around her.

"I guess we press one of the buttons and see what happens, sure.

Anyone else feel we're being watched? I suppose it's logical-whoever put us here, would want a show. Maybe even listening to us, too."
She said, raising her voice with the last few words and looking around for sort of surveillance devices.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 04:05:20 pm »

"I'd say push the button. Even if it does something bad well it's not like we're all that well off here. Also seriously I agree about that feeling the hairs on the back of my neck just will not go down."

David closes his eyes just waiting for one of the buttons to be pushed.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 04:10:48 pm »

Cromwell waits with arms folded in front of him as he watches the one going for the button.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 04:17:43 pm »

As Christopher waits he lets out a sigh and sits on the floor.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 08:07:35 am »

Vladimir snores loudly, and rolls over on the floor. Incidentally, this rolling causes Sarkov to - accidentally - hit the floor button.

((Eheheheheheheheh. Advance the plot, ho!))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 05:51:11 pm »

Epichighfive321

You sit down. The floor is uncomfortable.

Dwarmin

The back of your neck prickles, but you see no cameras or microphones. If someone is watching, it's not through anything you can see.

----

WhitiusOpus and sjm9876

With a sound like someone snapping their fingers, you feel an intense burst of pressure and speed for a microsecond. When it stops, you are sprawled in a hallway of the same painted substance, ending in a dead end one way and a large shiny metal door on the other. A voice makes you look around.

WhitiusOpus

You see yourself, leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway. It takes you just a second to notice your 'face' is smooth and featureless. The faceless clone holding a lit cigarette in one meaty hand, but how it would smoke it is unknown. The smell of the cigarette fills your nose.

sjm9876

You see yourself, leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway. It takes you just a second to notice your 'face' is smooth and featureless. You briefly catch the smell of cigarette smoke, but the figure is empty handed.

WhitiusOpus and sjm9876

Though it is eyeless, you can intensely feel the being watching you. It speaks again - the voice is toneless and sounds both distant and artificial. "At last. I was thinking you were going to going to sleep all forever." You blink at the stutter, like an electronic glitch. Somehow it still manages to sound accusing despite the monotone.

You glance around a bit more. You notice two rows of six lights above the faceless being. The top row are all blue. The second row is red but for the first and the third light, which are also blue.

Dwarmin, mastahcheese, Epichighfive321 and zacen299

With a soft click sounds the men who pressed the buttons disappear. You faintly hear two mechanical clunks from behind the wall and floor with the pressed buttons. The lights behind those buttons have come on - the LEDs behind the plastic are green, glowing strongly.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 06:31:04 pm »

Sarkov is stunned, and jerks into a standing position, glancing about the room. At first he is very disoriented, discovering himself looking at... Well... Himself.

This quickly turns to anger.

"Hallo, what is going on here? You will give me answer. Now."
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 07:17:56 pm »

"Where the hell did they go?" Christopher runs to the button. "Should... Should we press a button? What if they died just then, in front of us?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3