Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megabeast Bones in MDF  (Read 832 times)

mieserb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megabeast Bones in MDF
« on: March 08, 2014, 06:54:42 am »

My Dwarfs just managed to kill a Megabeast with their bare hands. The beast was butchered and now I have quite a few bones. I wanted to craft some stuff out of them (like a bone breastplate for the peasant who dealt the killing blow and thus beacame the new commander ). However, when I forbid all bones except the ones from the beast all the building options in the bonecarver's shop are red as if there are no materials available. Long story short: I wanted to know if it is possible to build stuff with MB bones  and if so, what did I do wrong?

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Megabeast Bones in MDF
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:03:18 am »

Check links from your stockpiles to craftdwarfs workshop
And use manager, for me soap is very buggy and is red in soap makers' shop, but manager deals with it fine.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 08:13:03 am »

I can't help you, because this sounds like a masterwork-only problem, but this board may be helpful:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=24.0

mieserb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 04:16:59 pm »

I can't help you
I didn't know that board, so you DID help me. Thanks  :)
Anyway, when I assigned the job to the craftsdwarf shop instead of the bonecarver's it worked. For some reason the masterwork workshop seems to be really picky about its materials.