Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: KUL DO KEIZAAL- Let's be a dragon!  (Read 11599 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: KUL DO KEIZAAL- Let's be a dragon!
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2014, 03:32:39 pm »

1. The troll-filled ruins
2. A shrine filled with cultists that you've noticed is just around the corner
3. The woodcutting city, although that might be a bit far away
4. A human path

(5)Perhaps you could threaten the humans until they give you booze

1. No. There's no way we could take on any number of Frost Trolls, even with our fiery breath of fieryness.
2. As stated earlier, we should be rather leery about approaching mortals again, they did try to "help" us, but failed pretty hard.
3. See 2.
4. I see no problems with this- assuming it's just a normal path, not some major road.. Although, with just a smaller logging village nearby, I doubt there is a major highway where we're at, so I'd say crashing here is fine. We could probably talk with (read: Shout at) any people coming by, as there would likely be very few on the road at ?midday? (What time-about is it, just for reference- would you mind adding that to posts?) Also, Faas should work on anyone who'd be on a path.

(5) If we come across anyone on the path, wouldn't be such a bad idea to arrange for a deal where we move things for them. I foresee a possible dragon that takes up odd jobs for the mortals, assuming they don't mess up so bad like the psijics did.

On another note, I'd like to suggest another long-term goal:
Become powerful enough in the divine realm/hierarchy to subvert Daedric Artifacts and merge them with ourself.
I really would like to see our scales merged with the Ebony Mail and Spellbreaker. And I feel like we could merge the Wabbajack with a shout.
Also:
Use the Aetherium Forge.

EDIT: Read through post, realized that I might not have been clear on what I'm suggesting:
Crash land at option 4, the Human Path.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:34:30 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2014, 03:35:50 pm »

I shall add time markers to my posts, then, since it's a good idea. :) It'd probably help with my own organisation, too. I'm notoriously bad at that.

Who needs Daedric artifacts when we're a dragon? A dragon's voice is an incredibly powerful thing, and it's only a dragon's sense of superiority that stops them from using it to its full potential. However, since we're growing up in a much more hostile world than the dragons of old...

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2014, 03:40:32 pm »

Oh, I don't just want to acquire Daedric Artifacts, I want them to literally become part of us.

And Maybe (read: Definitely) attempt to become a the greatest god.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2014, 03:46:50 pm »

Just remember, there's plenty more ways to absolute power and beating Talos at godhood than absorbing things that the most powerful demons in creation have control over. Such as devouring the souls of fellow dovah.

In KUL canon, the act of snacking on dragon souls is not a permanently-harmful act. It simply strips them of their knowledge and power, since being absorbed into a splinter of Akatosh's soul allows Akatosh himself to recycle them. As a dragon, you of course know this, unlike the Blades and whatnot.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2014, 04:16:45 pm »

I.. actually do like delioth's thinking. Very much so, in fact. Ultimately, the classification of aedra and daedra is just a view and stamp applied by the mortals - gathering essences from other d/aedra is hence a very good way to increase our power.

Else, the human path sounds, well.. not all that bad. I am a bit torn between the possibilities of there showing up just about anybody, and the normaly good character of rural community people. As in, I'd rather be found by a woodcutter / farmer / hunter, than a bandit, but~

4 - Human path
I think "not being found at all" should have indeed the greatest chance, and thus the smallest risk. Wish I could say the same about wild animals like bears and great cats, but honestly? Skyrims paths seem rather un-busy, so even those animals just might use them, as easy terrain is certainly not lost on them...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2014, 10:20:48 pm »

Ultimately, the classification of aedra and daedra is just a view and stamp applied by the mortals
What makes you say that?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2014, 05:05:46 am »

Ultimately, the classification of aedra and daedra is just a view and stamp applied by the mortals
What makes you say that?

My bad for being unclear about this part. I obviously only speak of the "Divines" and "Daedric Princes", albeit other "Spirits" that were around before the creation of nirn, would also fall into this category. Just look to Malacath / former Trinimac for further lore.

The common scamp, atronach, dremora and what-not, is obviously just a "mortal" - in comparison - of the planes of oblivion, and devouring him would do us just about as much good as devouring a mortal of nirn. Which actually seems to be the "main difference" between Aedra and Daedra - if they only have a realm of their own, or are also bound to nirn.

Because much of this is taken from ingame sources - often enough contradicting itself - the "reality" might change over the titles, but this section of the lore is actually quite covered already. As in - major changes are very doubtfull.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:29:03 am by escaped lurker »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2014, 06:38:30 am »

My bad for being unclear about this part. I obviously only speak of the "Divines" and "Daedric Princes", albeit other "Spirits" that were around before the creation of nirn, would also fall into this category. Just look to Malacath / former Trinimac for further lore.

The common scamp, atronach, dremora and what-not, is obviously just a "mortal" - in comparison - of the planes of oblivion, and devouring him would do us just about as much good as devouring a mortal of nirn. Which actually seems to be the "main difference" between Aedra and Daedra - if they only have a realm of their own, or are also bound to nirn.

Because much of this is taken from ingame sources - often enough contradicting itself - the "reality" might change over the titles, but this section of the lore is actually quite covered already. As in - major changes are very doubtfull.
Malacath and to an extent Meridia are somewhat questionable as Daedra, since mortals have limited information on the properties of "divine" beings and how particular beings should be classed, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a significant difference between Daedra and Aedra; being tied to Mundus is a huge difference in nature from not being tied to it.
To take your Malacath example, grabbing a quote from an ingame book, "He is not technically a Daedra Lord, nor do the other Daedra recognize him as such, but this is fitting for his sphere."
If the Daedra recognise some beings as Daedra and some as not, are they not applying the same classification themselves?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:45:23 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2014, 11:08:20 am »

After a rushed scan of the area, you see a path going through the forest. It should be the safest option. You flap harder, trying to make the distance...

You turn yourself slightly, locking in line with the strip of road that will act as your runway. Fortunately, it's empty right now, and you begin your descent. As you near the rocky paving, you flap your wings hard, to slow yourself down.

(Roll: 19)

You manage to land quite safely and quietly, although you're fairly sure you now have skid marks on your feet. You check your chest. The wound has been effectively cauterised by the ice, and you break the ends of them off in your jaws so you don't force the icicles further into your chest by accident. With a nervous glance around, you check to make sure you're safe.

Doesn't look like anything nearby noticed. You're not entirely sure, though, so you begin walking up the road to find a suitable spot to camouflage yourself. Your deep purple topside is suitable for pretending to be a rock, and your belly and orange wing membranes could be hidden underneath. You mutter curses towards the top of the mountain, where that wispmother is presumably being smug about one-shotting a dragon.

The surroundings are rather dank and dirty. You managed to get towards the more open roads of the swamp, as a landing in a tree-based path would have been much more dangerous. On the other hand, you're definitely not going to subject your wing membranes to all this swamp muck. As soon as you find a dryer patch of land, that's where you'll hide.

While you're on the ground, there's not much to do. Practising Words might be a good idea, although it might be distracting in the unlikely event of meeting a traveller.

HEALTH: 20/120
STAMINA: 5/70
SHOUT STATUS: Breathing heavily
It appears to be a short while after midday.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2014, 02:22:43 pm »

Haas, Geinmaar
Let us try this shout. It could be quite usefull, if it works as intended. And not like we currently know any shouts that would better our situation anyway, no?

Find a small overhang or crack to hide in
A bigger rock would also do - but most important would be that it is not that easily accessible. We want to have a somewhat safe resting place. On that note, a bigger deciduous tree could also work, albeit it would not be so great for camouflage.

@Harbringerjim
Since the daedric princes also war between themselves - at least some of them - I am not so sure if they even have a moniker for themselves. Well, they do have alliances, and take note if one is bound to nirn or not. Either way, while the choice of words may have been a bit lacking, my main point was that aedra and daedra are basically the same type of entities. How far-reaching the influences of being bound to nirn are, is something we have no true knowledge of, so I suggest we don't start splitting hairs over it.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2014, 11:09:08 am »

You travel up the road. Well, it's not quite a road. More like a muddy path, but it's better for your wings than dragging them through the brush.

You keep walking, and find a small ruin. With a brief flap of your wings, you jump up to the edge and perch on it-

(Roll: 20!)

And find a group of kaaz. Well, that's the dragon language name for them. In theirs...

"Umm, can khajiit help you?" the shocked leader asks.

"M'urabi, talking to a giant fire-breathing lizard is your worst idea since naming your child after that crazy monk!" one of the women reprimands him.

"Sha'noud, a dragon isn't a fire-breathing lizard!" he replies, in the tone that scared men use with angry wives all the time. "A dragon is clever, in the stories!"

"That I am, joore," you reply in a rather smug tone. Despite expecting it, M'urabi is still surprised, but manages to improvise.

"Yes, yes!" he agrees. "A dragon is clever, more clever than most. Although you are injured, apparently, but we have healers." He elbows his wife, and she nods in a fake-enthusiastic manner. "I have an idea," he adds, thinking on his feet. "The Nords do not like us, but we can fend off the bandits. You've been injured, but you're plenty scary to a Nord. Would M'urabi be able to hire you...?"

You laugh. "What could you possibly offer me, little kaaz?"

He thinks, struggling to think of what to offer. "Err... We have mead barrels and-" Your eyes light up at the mere mention of alcohol, and he catches onto this in moments. "Yes, we have plenty of barrels. And if you were hired, then you could save up for even more!"

This is a highly appealing offer. The cats seem to know it's a bad idea to antagonize a dragon, and you get free protection and the chance to get a freaking drink for once. In return, all you'd have to do is look tough and follow them around. You consider this deal seriously...

HEALTH: 25/120
STAMINA: 40/70
SHOUT STATUS: Breathing lightly.
It's the early afternoon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2014, 01:21:18 pm »

Hells yeah.

The opportunity to drunk Shout? Can I get a YES?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2014, 01:53:52 pm »

Hells yeah.

The opportunity to drunk Shout? Can I get a YES?
Here, have mine:

"YES!"

But seriously? It is not a bad deal... but it also will make us known far-and-wide in the shortest amount of time. Besides, Khajiit are very fickle beings - even with them liking good old alkosh, they just might try something funny.

So... make getting a bit of healing up-front part of the deal.

Else, continue being a cryptic pain, but be subtle about it. How about we ask them "If the children of azurah are still hiding "It" like they should"? Because toying around with mortals is fun!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 10:24:49 am »

After much thought, you reply. "I accept your offer, on the terms that I get healing and a barrel of alcohol up-front."

"Then it's settled!" M'urabi says happily. "You're hired!"

You think about doing the whole 'we're working together, not me for you' thing, but since we actually have been hired, you decide not to. You hop down from your perch, and Sha'noud gets out a stave to heal you with. You decide to begin your routine of slowly driving the mortals insane for your own amusement.

"So, are the children of Azurah still hiding 'it'?" you ask.

"Yes," she replies.

...Well that wasn't very productive. You're healed now, though, and so you walk over to the cart. With a push, you gently roll the barrel of geikaal to the side of the ruin that your caravan is staying in, and crack open a hole in it with your teeth. With a lift of your neck, the sweet taste of mead enters your mouth and flows down your throat.

You get about a third of the way through the barrel before you've had enough to drink. Unfortunately, your belly has physical limits, so you can't really drink any more right now. On the plus side, drunk shout-learning can now begin!

With a properly alcohol'd-up system, you're ready to go. Your mind flows more freely now, and you can see the links between words with much greater ease. You try some words that might heal yourself later, and find that Haas, 'health', can be tacked onto the end of Evocation to make the final word of the shout. Normally, you wouldn't have been able to find that without learning the second word.

You decide that what you really need is to screw over all those petty mortals who attack you. Yeah, you'll defeat-

Oh look, another word! This can be tacked onto the end of two shouts, like Haal before it. Viik, 'defeat', goes onto the end of two different shouts!

One of them is Perfect Storm, and you have the feeling that it'll be really powerful. Subverting the sky- new word- itself to your will, Kyne's-

You're getting really lucky today.

WORDS OF POWER LEARNED: Disarm! ZUN HAAL VIIK, Weapon Hand Defeat. Perfect Storm! KAAN HAAL VIIK, Kyne Hand Defeat. Evocation! VEN LAH HAAS, Wind Magicka Health.
UNKNOWN WORDS OF POWER: 1st meaning, KAAN, Kyne. Both meanings, LOK, Sky.

Your drunk mind is very excited at this Perfect Storm shout. You get to work on learning it, skipping along the trails of meaning, unlocking the meaning of Kyne...

"KAAN!"

Well, it's drizzling now. And there's a slight breeze too. It'll probably need more words.

WORDS OF POWER UNLOCKED: KAAN, Kyne. Calls wind and drizzle from the sky.

Droghrenteivo's status
It's the late afternoon.
It is drizzling.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2014, 05:46:38 pm »

I feel like this is going to proceed to be the adventure of a drunk dragon lord, who drives all around him insane. Our name actually makes sense.

On a more actual playing note, I do believe that a quick reconnoiter of the area from on high is in order, unless we are still too weak to actually fly.
Afterwards, meditation on words (Similar to Paarthurnax's method) seems like a good idea- Namely Haas
Help us write a story!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7