Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Medieval Ghostbusters: Ready for testing  (Read 5236 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Ghostbusters: It ain't dead yet
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 10:28:25 am »

There a linux version, or no?

If so, I might give it a bit of a shot. Assuming my computer can handle the graphics.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:04 pm »

There a linux version, or no?

Yes, unless I'm sorely mistaken.

Any people volunteering to help with testing are greatly appreciated! It'll be some time before testing actually starts, though.

Update on sounds: ambient noises are working, with different zones (forests, mountains, etc.) that can easily have different noises added, along with changing sound delays, locations, and probabilities of sounds playing. In addition, I've been tinkering with music, which has been going... eh. For a first attempt at recording actual music, it went pretty well. Beyond that, not so much.

I actually had to record that song with a borrowed studio mic held over a keyboard while I played with the other hand before editing it all together in Adobe Audition.

In-game, music works similarly to ambient noises (i.e. it's working), but there are a few things that still need to be done (the music dropping out when a monster is nearby, smooth transitions between areas, and so on).

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 06:32:44 pm »

I can volunteer in about a week; I'm a little busy recently, and can't carve out the time to sit down and play games

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 01:17:22 am »

Volunteering for testing. Can do it this weekend, or essentially any time after next Thursday.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2014, 08:10:51 pm »

Update on sounds: ambient noises are working, with different zones (forests, mountains, etc.) that can easily have different noises added, along with changing sound delays, locations, and probabilities of sounds playing. In addition, I've been tinkering with music, which has been going... eh. For a first attempt at recording actual music, it went pretty well. Beyond that, not so much.
It's well recorded imho. I can see it being used as a menu medley, but prolly not in-game.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2014, 05:55:05 pm »

Well, this is aggravating. It seems the island level is going to have to undergo some major changes, and by that I mean it has to be rebuilt from the ground up.

The assets can be reused (probably), but the demo level is going to have to be significantly smaller because reasons. Reasons, in this case, means that the level is, from a technical standpoint, bloated and unusable.

This also delays how soon testing will be able to begin significantly. On the plus side, the quality of the new level will be significantly higher than the previous one, so there's that at least.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2014, 06:37:55 pm »

I remember something vague about rocks, hiding and hallucinations, with the issue of people learning placement. Since you have to rebuild the map anyway, I'll offer my 2 candlesticks. You could create a coordinate system or something, or a map (like path maps for AIs) that overlays the levels and allows you to place rocks. This way, you can have multiple sets of rock per level without major modifications, with commonly traversed areas reworked more and deserted areas reworked less, to save heartache. Not sure if its possible, even.
But it looks like a fantastic game and I might try and bully my friends into trying once we get a 'proper' release.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2014, 12:13:32 pm »

I would love to be a tester once this reaches that stage, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to fit it into my schedule. Good luck with your struggles, regardless. This is looking like a great game.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 09:45:47 pm »

Well I am up for testing, when you are ready.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2014, 10:03:51 pm »

I can test, depending on the time and day.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2014, 09:56:36 pm »

Still not dead. Been workin' hard. New map is underway. Have a screenshot of an unfinished scene from the new version.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2014, 06:28:08 pm »

For anybody still following this, we have progress.

The island in general is coming along decently, but I've decided to temporarily split it in halves for initial testing. To that end, a mountain range has sealed off all the gaps in the middle of the island while I work on one side of it.
In other news (flashy, graphical news) I've gotten a subscription to Unity Pro, which means post-processing and better water! Now the water has foam around objects and rolling waves.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2014, 06:31:12 pm »

Dude, you're doing some great work. Fantastic progress I must say. Keep it up.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2014, 09:21:45 pm »

I echo this sentiment. It looks amazing so far. Especially that demo scene... Oooh.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2014, 01:23:36 am »

I echo this sentiment. It looks amazing so far. Especially that demo scene... Oooh.

Thanks! :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4