Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Space Scouts IC Thread  (Read 2379 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Space Scouts IC Thread
« on: March 06, 2014, 07:34:48 pm »

OOC THREAD

.UPLOADING.COORDSUPDATED.SENDING.PREPAREFORSCOUTS.

FZZZZZZ-KSH
whirrrrr-whirrrrr

The four of you awaken strapped to metal slabs. A deep, pleasant male voice greets you, and your groggy minds struggle to grab on to what he's saying. Good evening Scouts. It pauses. It does appear that you have all arrived safely. The straps pop off and retract with a zip into the slabs. [DARKPAL~2+1] Johnathan lurches, rolls over and vomits a bit of blood onto the floor. He coughs miserably and begins to feel light-headed, then he vomits again. [FUNK~16+1] Isabel feels a bit woozy, but it quickly passes. [BSNOTT~6+1] Alek's Lenshed cyber sparks and you grunt as your head receives an electric shock. OW! Your vision flickers and then goes out entirely. Your eyes continue to spark, and your vision returns periodically only to blink out again. You can still see enough to move around, but its a pain. [LEGNLO~18+1] Kit feels a bit drowsy. You kinda want to go back to sleep.. *yawn*

Perhaps I spoke too soon. Would those of you that aren't hurt please help John into the med bed? His condition seems quite serious. The med bed is in one corner of the lab. It has a glass screen over the top of it that has to be shifted before someone can be lifted onto it. There's a terminal beside the bed that's meant for operating it's tools.

SCOUTS
Spoiler: darkpaladin109 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Funk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: bsnott (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Inventory Key:
}    Utility Slot
>   Armor Slot
=   Weapon Slot
-    STR Item Slot
+   Utility Item Slot

SHIP
Spoiler: Ship Interior (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Compartments (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The AI (Image) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:01:41 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Scouts IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:22:46 pm »

"Damn, this hurts!"

Walk over and shift the glass screen over the med bed.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 09:46:26 pm »

PTW.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 09:48:19 am »

I yawn and glance around, then [1-8] hop down, walk over to the terminal, and look over the controls.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »

"Shit you best not die on us Johnathan, guess i'd best see what i can give you to help"
Isabel try to help Johnathan then helps Alek if his Cybers haven restarted by then.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 08:40:45 am »

((So, um, darkpaladin hasn't posted, but he's had three, nearly four, days. So I'd just assume his autoaction would be to go to the med-bed, right?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 09:14:42 am »

((I though my action would be obvious))
To the medbay.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 10:28:47 am »

Follow and guide Alek there as well.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 08:24:50 pm »

((Taking RP action due to lack of GM action))
I [7-8] walk over to Isabel and look at her, then [7] walk over to Johnathan and stand on the other side of him, helping guide him to the medbed, while I [8] walk over to Alek and help guide him there as well.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 08:42:47 pm »

[CYB10] Alek's cyber-reliant vision fuzzes over, so he's forced to try and reach the bed blind. [DEX8+3] He stumbles around a bit, managing not to run into anyone in the small room, and his hands come to rest on something perfectly smooth and quite cold. He runs his fingers over the surface of the object. On some parts of it there are groups of tiny protuberances. [INT12+0] They're definitely some kind of controls.

One of Kit's kittens rolls off the metal slab and climbs up to the terminal. [INT20+0] She punches a control and the glass slides back. [INT=DARKPAL~2+2 FUNK~8 BSNOTT~13] If Alek's eyes hadn't been malfunctioning, John hadn't been preoccupied with puking his guts out, and Ramirez wasn't trying to shove him over to the med bed, they would've noticed Kit's right arm fall off and walk happily over to operate the terminal.

[DARPAL~CON16+1] John manages to get up on his own and Isabel helps him over to the med bed. She helps him lay down and then steps back so Kit can close the cover.

Very good. The system proceeds automatically, all you need to do to treat him is enter the proper sequence of commands. I was launched in Advisory-Mode and as such have no access to the ship's systems, so you'll have to do this manually. Start the diagnosis procedure by entering the corresponding code in the operations manual. The manual should be inside one of the medical cabinets inside the Lab. Hurry please.

SCOUTS
Spoiler: darkpaladin109 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Funk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: bsnott (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Inventory Key:
}    Utility Slot
>   Armor Slot
=   Weapon Slot
-    STR Item Slot
+   Utility Item Slot

SHIP
Spoiler: Ship Interior (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Compartments (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The AI (Image) (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 10:22:19 pm »

((hunuh? I can't simply be in multiple places at once, and from others perspective I'm whichever of me they're focusing on? so for example, if I was at the third chair to the left, and the third chair to the right, and they tried looking at both of me at once, whichever of me their eyes focused more on would seem to be "me" and the other would be kittens? If they switched which of me they were looking at directly, then that me would be the one that is "me" and the other would be kittens. A lot like tv shows use camera tricks where whenever the camera angle changes or someone steps out of the camera's view they appear to be at a different position. the result would be similar to teleportation from an outsider's POV, even though I'm actually not teleporting at all.))

((Oh, and I'm using the [ # ] notation to let you know which of me is doing what. [1-8] means numbers one through eight. [7] means me number 7, [8] means me number eight, and so on.))

Sift through the various medical cabinets and look for the manual - if I find it, I then go back to the terminal and enter the code for the diagnosis procedure
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:40:14 pm by Lenglon »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 10:29:47 pm »

I go to the medbay and try to help Jonathan.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 10:32:10 pm »

Wake up
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 04:18:50 pm »

Shake my head, to see if my vision comes back.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:50:52 pm by bsnott »
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 04:25:22 pm »

Let the others do the operation thing.
Pages: [1] 2