Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Stargate: Salvation [Suggestion Game] (Revive turn up)  (Read 12563 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate: Salvation [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2014, 09:15:16 pm »

sounds like a good ration, I'm aboard for that Pewds.
Same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2014, 06:25:18 pm »

So what are the agreed upon actions as of now?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2014, 09:57:48 pm »

I'm considering some standing orders for the children in terms of training. What do the rest of you think of this?

1/3 trained as soldiers.
1/4 scientists.
1/4 engineers.
And the left overs as skilled laborers?

I figure either we're going to stay here and explore which requires a lot of soldiers both to send a force out that can defend itself without the bull crap tv luck that enables 20 enemies all to miss a guy who's standing still.
Plus enough men to left to effectively defend our base.
Or go off world which will be more vulnerable and so require the same.

Then engineers and scientists will be important and we should have a few people we can devote to whatever role they're needed in and it saves us from having to order people into specific trainings each turn.
Nooo! We should dial a completely random gateway that was't in the show! See what species he came up with and put effort into.
Scorpio, Hydra, Orion, Sculptor, Cetus, Taurus, Earth

Doesn't the last number need to be a repeat of the first? So it should be:

Scorpio, Hydra, Orion, Sculptor, Cetus, Taurus, Scorpio?
No last one is always point of origin. In our case earth.

Continue researching and send the drone through to scout, make the chamber more of a death trap then it already is, train more peeps, clean vents, do general maintenance and reinforcement of facilities.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2014, 10:07:27 pm »

And test the ground around us to see if we can expand the facility at all.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2014, 12:49:16 pm »

The next generation continues to be trained by various peoples.  A third continues beyond the minimum of basic training into more dedicated tactics, while the others are transferred to laboratories and engineering, with a small group shuttled between, with most of the remainder showing the penchant towards diplomacy, as shown by their continual, mostly successful attempts to calm disputes that tend to arise from time to time between the various groups being trained.

Requests to further reinforce the gateroom are denied.  Anything further is viewed as over-expenditure of supplies that will be needed for the colony.

After the coordinates for the return trip are discovered, an attempt is made from the control room to dial up another of the gateways, using the symbols:

Suddenly, the gate activates, splashing out a wave of energy that folds back into a wavy surface.  After a short time, the gate is shut off to prepare a drone to scout the area, and team to follow it through.

Continued research upon the snake-like corpse determines that it was once some form of a parasite.  As it was discovered by the upper spine of one of the humanoid specimens, it is theorized that it has the ability to interfere with the mental communication of the brain to the rest of the body.  As most of it has decayed, not much more could be discovered beyond, to the amazement of the scientists, trace samples of the same metal the gate is made of.  Three theories have been made to explain it: the parasite is able to devour the metal as an alternative, but ultimately temporary sustenance, the parasite naturally produces the metal and was harvested to get the metal to construct the gateway, or the metal was injected into the parasite.

The manufacturing facilities construct a medium-sized drone to use for scouting out the first location.

Testing of the ground around the facility yields enough room for one more manufacturing facility, five more barracks, two more labs, three diplomatic offices, or enough room to increase the facility's capacity by 40 people.

Another of the air recyclers is taken offline for a short time to be cleaned, which is done successfully, but there is a fair amount of buildup in the other recyclers.

Spoiler: Working Gate Addresses (click to show/hide)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2014, 01:08:41 pm »

Images don't work, but I know what gate we went to anyways, I vote building diplomatic offices since some of our children are becoming diplomats.

Now lets examine in order of priority greatest to least: The Weapon Staff Things, Snake/Parasite Corpse, and Human Corpses
Begin researching reverse engineering the staff things on top of our examination.

Send drone out, have it fly around as long as it can before it needs to return, bring it back when it must come back, look at the data and decide at that point what next to do.

Attempt to make a copy of The Weapon Things or something that works similarly.
Make hand weapons for everybody! Pistols for all civilians/children, and three clips each.
Make another Drone.

Clean as many air processors as we can safely clean.

Train the 7 unused children as Medical Personal if able.

Get a status readout on how much longer all of our supplies can last at current production rate and current production and consumption rates.
Get status readout on power use and consumption.
Get a status readout on ETA till training complete.

Have Archives print out all known data available.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2014, 06:56:27 pm »

I'm considering some standing orders for the children in terms of training. What do the rest of you think of this?

1/3 trained as soldiers.
1/4 scientists.
1/4 engineers.
And the left overs as skilled laborers?

I figure either we're going to stay here and explore which requires a lot of soldiers both to send a force out that can defend itself without the bull crap tv luck that enables 20 enemies all to miss a guy who's standing still.
Plus enough men to left to effectively defend our base.
Or go off world which will be more vulnerable and so require the same.

Then engineers and scientists will be important and we should have a few people we can devote to whatever role they're needed in and it saves us from having to order people into specific trainings each turn.
+1

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2014, 06:58:53 pm »

Images don't work, but I know what gate we went to anyways, I vote building diplomatic offices since some of our children are becoming diplomats.

Now lets examine in order of priority greatest to least: The Weapon Staff Things, Snake/Parasite Corpse, and Human Corpses
Begin researching reverse engineering the staff things on top of our examination.

Send drone out, have it fly around as long as it can before it needs to return, bring it back when it must come back, look at the data and decide at that point what next to do.

Attempt to make a copy of The Weapon Things or something that works similarly.
Make hand weapons for everybody! Pistols for all civilians/children, and three clips each.
Make another Drone.

Clean as many air processors as we can safely clean.

Train the 7 unused children as Medical Personal if able.

Get a status readout on how much longer all of our supplies can last at current production rate and current production and consumption rates.
Get status readout on power use and consumption.
Get a status readout on ETA till training complete.

Have Archives print out all known data available.
...what can I say, but to +1 this.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2014, 08:00:43 pm »

Might want to check the spoiler.  That isn't the only thing you'll be wanting to build.

Latter two of research won't give you anything.  Haven't fully researched the staffs to permit reverse engineering.

Gates only allow one-way travel.  Attempting to go back through an outgoing wormhole results in destruction of whatever tries to do so.  (SG-1 pilot episode aside.)

Make another Drone.

Don't forget you do need supplies for constructing the offworld colony, and you only have enough supplies to make 18 more things or 6 more buildings.  You can't really afford to do frivolous stuff.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2014, 08:21:59 pm »

Ok, so we need to modify a bit then. Here's my idea:

We save our supplies, since we don't need the extra rooms yet(and small arms for everyone is kinda excessive). We have the drone stay in radio range of the gate and upload all data to the command center, focusing on whether the atmosphere is breathable, if it has water, and if life is present. If any of those is applicable, the drone will land and a team with a remote control unit for the drone will come through(with scientists to figure out the return address and other science things). The drone will then aid the team for as long as the fuel lasts, then be sent back through.

If the team decides the planet will serve, we'll begin sending personnel and supplies through to build basic shelters for everyone and move operations to this planet. If not, the team will repeat this process for every valid Gate address we discover. Meanwhile, we'll use this planet as a source for resources if we can.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2014, 08:25:40 pm »

We have a population of 533 people in a shelter with a capacity of 530. We need to expand.

Devote all skilled and unskilled laborers to cleaning the air filters out.
Engineers to expand our capacity.
(( We're not going to be moving to a new planet if we all suffocate. ))
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:30:24 pm by PewdsRocks »

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2014, 08:28:33 pm »

Ok, so we need to modify a bit then. Here's my idea:

We save our supplies, since we don't need the extra rooms yet(and small arms for everyone is kinda excessive). We have the drone stay in radio range of the gate and upload all data to the command center, focusing on whether the atmosphere is breathable, if it has water, and if life is present. If any of those is applicable, the drone will land and a team with a remote control unit for the drone will come through(with scientists to figure out the return address and other science things). The drone will then aid the team for as long as the fuel lasts, then be sent back through.

If the team decides the planet will serve, we'll begin sending personnel and supplies through to build basic shelters for everyone and move operations to this planet. If not, the team will repeat this process for every valid Gate address we discover. Meanwhile, we'll use this planet as a source for resources if we can.

This works.

We have a population of 533 people in a shelter with a capacity of 530. We need to expand.

Lets send people through.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2014, 08:31:33 pm »

Thats fine, just pointing out we can't just keep all our recourses. We need to devote all skilled and unskilled laborers to cleaning the filters before we suffocate to death. And engineers to expand our capacity because over crowding means diseases and we don't have the supplies to deal with an outbreak.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2014, 10:11:11 pm »

...I didn't notice we were a bit overcrowded. Alright, we'll build a few more barracks/living areas so we can avoid issues. And agreed, we need to clean ALL the filters before we suffocate. Zan, is it possible to shut off outside air long enough to do so without us dying?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2014, 10:46:28 pm »

And agreed, we need to clean ALL the filters before we suffocate.

You only need to worry about suffocation when the filters are above 80%, and currently, only one is close to that point, nearing when the filter would automatically be cleaned.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9