Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Found some, options I don't know what do.  (Read 775 times)

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Found some, options I don't know what do.
« on: March 05, 2014, 03:32:30 pm »

It's been a while since I've gone adventuring, and I found these option for "Natural Ability" and "Acquired Power", and I'm not sure what they do or when to use them. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Found some, options I don't know what do.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 04:15:34 pm »

Natural ability stands for things like 'breath fire', if you are a dragon, and similiar stuff. Not sure one can use it in unmodded game as an adventurer.
Aquired ability stands for raise corpse (not sure if anything else would go there); e.g. you can become necromancer if you'll find the necro-tower & sneak in  & read one of necro's books.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Found some, options I don't know what do.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 04:16:50 pm »

Natural ability is anything you can naturally do, such as breathing dragonfire if you're a dragon.
Acquired power is anything you obtain on your adventures that grants you more abilites, like necromancy.