Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mutilated liberal  (Read 2372 times)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mutilated liberal
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:54:00 pm »

Hello,

while being chased by cops for such measly peccadiloes as sacking a Courthouse, plundering the rooms and freeing convicts, one of my liberals got shot in the face, and lost his nose and both of his eyes.
(Naturally, in self-defense, another of my liberal shoot back at the cops.)

What effects in the game have mutilations?

EDIT:
(3/5) Corrected tyops
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
Re: Mutilated liberal
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 02:27:49 pm »

I think it is just connected to taking a lot of damage but somehow surviving. Or maybe a critical hit roll might increase the potential damage but the subsequent damage roll can still be quite low, resulting in things like blasted organs and missing limbs.

So I think most weapons are capable of this kind of critical damage.

(Oh I just remembered that if you hit with all three shots of an AK or M16 you blow apart the limb you were targetting, usually the body, which results in death)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 03:36:27 pm »

I think it is just connected to taking a lot of damage but somehow surviving. Or maybe a critical hit roll might increase the potential damage but the subsequent damage roll can still be quite low, resulting in things like blasted organs and missing limbs.

So I think most weapons are capable of this kind of critical damage.

(Oh I just remembered that if you hit with all three shots of an AK or M16 you blow apart the limb you were targetting, usually the body, which results in death)

But will my liberal be impacted because of the loss of his both eyes?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 05:08:39 pm »

Might need confirming, but liberals lose Charisma for disfigured faces and body parts, as well as a stat decrease in the part affected. Eyes would likely mean a loss in accuracy with guns, need code-divers in to confirm though. But I am certain about the Charisma lost.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 05:55:19 pm »

Might need confirming, but liberals lose Charisma for disfigured faces and body parts, as well as a stat decrease in the part affected. Eyes would likely mean a loss in accuracy with guns, need code-divers in to confirm though. But I am certain about the Charisma lost.
I think they do from my save-editing experience. I tried to make a 'The Question' liberal, without a face and wearing a trenchcoat, but he couldn't do jack-shiitake mushrooms.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 12:46:26 am »

As far as I know nothing similar is in the game currently, but it seems to me a cool addition would be to have people who have had their face shot off be useful for convincing kidnapped people to divulge information like building plans. You could have them tied up next to the kidnapped guy you are primarily trying to get information out of and be like 'We picked up that guy last month, he still hasn't talked yet. You should probably make a better decision.' It could be a roll against wisdom+first aid and be effected by bloody clothing. Perhaps add makeup for the false prisoner as an option like props are if that is possible.

I would assume this process would make it more difficult to recruit the brainwashee/interrogated, but it might make them want to tell you whatever they know.

Then you let them go (can you let kidnapped people go prior to conversion? I forget, but if not it would be nice to be able to kick them out of a car outside a hospital or something for no kill playthroughs) or I guess have someone burn pictures of Reagan in front of them if you have to.

That way at least those liberals would have a use, it's too bad one with enough Heart to survive much less continue the struggle is worse than all others everywhere as it gives them a bit of character.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:57:28 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 01:36:33 am »

I love that idea. Would be AMAZING against the CCS, because sometimes you have to go through dozens before they crack.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 04:27:32 am »

I've never had a CCS member that didn't divulge the location of their secret base.  Princess Leia they're not.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 07:20:29 pm »

You. Lucky. Bastard. I almost abandoned a save because of the endless monotony.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 04:29:55 am »

I never don't just use the backer list