Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [GNOME] - Bug reports and known issues  (Read 6058 times)

Avacado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - Bug reports and known issues
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 10:35:24 am »

I am currently downloading the new update, but was the bug fixed where if you channelled off the tile next to the output tile of a factory, the outputted items would hang midair? I had a cheesy idea of making my factories entirely closed off except for chutes for input/output, but with the previous masterwork release, that wasn't possible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:11 am »

A hatch should fix that. outputted item spawns on closed hatch, and a repeater somewhere opens it, and the items should drop.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Avacado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 12:06:01 pm »

Thanks for the workaround!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 12:22:43 pm »

I am currently downloading the new update, but was the bug fixed where if you channelled off the tile next to the output tile of a factory, the outputted items would hang midair? I had a cheesy idea of making my factories entirely closed off except for chutes for input/output, but with the previous masterwork release, that wasn't possible.

Yes, that's been fixed.  And that design is probably the second-best way of making a fully separated factory floor.

Avacado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 08:40:34 pm »

The "Create Smart-Guard" reaction instead produces a dark matter caster.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 01:06:43 am »

The "Create Smart-Guard" reaction instead produces a dark matter caster.
Aah, my mistake...and right after the new release, too.  Well, it's a simple fix and won't require a new worldgen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 05:08:14 am »

Dark matter? We jumped from steampunk into quantum physics? :D What is it used for, the cosmic time gear?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 05:24:20 am »

Dark matter? We jumped from steampunk into quantum physics? :D What is it used for, the cosmic time gear?

Nah, it's just a slade gun.  It's dark and heavy and matter, so I figured 'dark matter caster' sounded better than 'slade caster'.
It's (supposed to be) generated by hooking up a Bone of Armok gem to an electric generator.  So...magitek :).

PiggiesGoMoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 11:12:59 am »

With the new patch, I still can't equip animals. I pasture them onto the animal care/armoring building, and my animal armorer just goes to the building, does nothing, and the armoring task is removed. i even tried it on repeat, no dice. I tried it on a boar, a mechanical gorilla, and some other things.

I also still can't use thunder coils. I give it 500+ power and nothing happens, no matter how long I leave it on.

This is all with the newest version of masterwork, with the newest version of the gnome mod (3.81).

EDIT: I would screenshot it, but I'm not sure how. The power readout on the thunder coil is at 758.1, still does nothing.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:25:10 am by PiggiesGoMoo »

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 04:56:39 am »

Are headstraps unattainable?

I even looked through the raws trying to find the reaction, and the only references I found were as reagents.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2014, 01:30:52 pm »

Thunder Coil and missing headstraps have been fixed.

I'm not sure what's up with the animal armoring, it's working fine for me.  Keep in mind that only work animals (i.e. trained for hunting or war) can be armored.  You should be getting a message in case of failure ('could not spot an unarmored work animal in range').

PiggiesGoMoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2014, 05:20:27 pm »

Thunder Coil and missing headstraps have been fixed.

I'm not sure what's up with the animal armoring, it's working fine for me.  Keep in mind that only work animals (i.e. trained for hunting or war) can be armored.  You should be getting a message in case of failure ('could not spot an unarmored work animal in range').

Ok, I'll try it again.

This might be a stupid question, but do you have to load a bomb into the aerial launcher (using the machine input) when firing a bomb?  The only thing it asks for is a tube section, but if you give it the tube section it will launch the tube without a bomb.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 01:46:06 am »

Tube section?  Huh.  That's a mistake.

I mean, technically you can just make a reaction that will fire any item you want by editing the raws.  Or you can load items freely using a dump site and then fire them by powering the launcher.  Either will work.  I'll fix the bomb reaction though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 10:26:42 am »

Hey, I heard that the military-not-training bug in 4i was caused by your accidental gnome time travel. I know you fixed the time travel for other races, but wont the gnomes be affected by their own timetravel? I think its because you set the training schedule for each month, but the timetravel confuses DF too much and they wont train when they should, if at all.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 11:13:11 am »

Hey, I heard that the military-not-training bug in 4i was caused by your accidental gnome time travel. I know you fixed the time travel for other races, but wont the gnomes be affected by their own timetravel? I think its because you set the training schedule for each month, but the timetravel confuses DF too much and they wont train when they should, if at all.

If you meddle with the flow of time itself and your biggest problem is not being sure which day it is, I'd say you should consider yourself lucky :)
But yes, gnomes will behave in all kinds of buggy ways while you're using the Cosmic Gear.  (They won't start idle tasks like eating or sleeping if time is stopped, for instance).  This isn't an intended effect so much as a side effect that I didn't bother correcting, because, well, there SHOULD be downsides.
They won't be affected by it unless you're actually using the time machine, if that's your concern.
Pages: 1 [2] 3