Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [GNOME] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 11891 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: [GNOME] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2014, 02:50:05 am »

Riukus asks

Can you explain, how Clockborg Brainjack and Automatic Trousers work? When Automatic Trousers equip they complete all work or not? And gnomes what used Clockborg Brainjack and lost their brains become something like zombie and lose thoughts? It hard to simulate situation then it happend.
Automatic trousers remove the need for true sleep, but they also cause a syndrome that causes the wearer to periodically go through phases where they have reduced skill levels, as if they are 'working in their sleep'.
Clockborg brainjacks give a whole lot of immunities (including the ability to survive even if their brain is destroyed), but also prevent the wearer from learning new skills.  You will still be able to control them like a regular citizen.

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2014, 05:00:44 am »

thank you

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2014, 05:11:49 am »

hello
Can the drilling rig to lift objects or liquids only?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2014, 05:30:57 am »

hello
Can the drilling rig to lift objects or liquids only?

Both, but they work a little differently.  Liquids come out the space below the workshop.  Items will only be lifted if there is a machine output connected to the workshop building itself and they will come out of it as if it was a factory building.  There is no way to lift only items without lifting liquids too, but since they have separate outlets it can be used to remove items from water, just make sure there's a place for the water to go.

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2014, 05:45:17 am »

I plugged the machine output and it worked. thank you
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:53:25 am by Giimer »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2014, 05:58:47 am »

Say, could this machine desalinate water? Seems fitting and would allow more options on beach/island embarks.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2014, 06:30:38 am »

Say, could this machine desalinate water? Seems fitting and would allow more options on beach/island embarks.

It can, although if you're just trying to desalinate surface water a screw pump is probably simpler.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2014, 06:33:15 am »

Screw pumps do that? i know they clean brackish water, but water from the ocean? O.o
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2014, 06:52:39 am »

Screw pumps do that? i know they clean brackish water, but water from the ocean? O.o

Yes, as long as the tile is not already marked as salty/brackish due to salty/brackish water having flowed into it.  My guess is that, like the drill, they simply change the water level of the tile without changing the particular water properties of that tile.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2014, 12:02:05 pm »

Ok. But could you make a workshop that works like this:
Free reaction that only works if there is water underneath (just like magma), and it removes water and has as output DRINK:NONE:WATER:NONE

Essentially a well that puts water in barrels for later storage. I always wanted something like that. ^^

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2014, 04:10:39 pm »

Ok. But could you make a workshop that works like this:
Free reaction that only works if there is water underneath (just like magma), and it removes water and has as output DRINK:NONE:WATER:NONE

Essentially a well that puts water in barrels for later storage. I always wanted something like that. ^^

Here, try this.  I haven't tested it but barring typos and such it should work.  It should reduce the liquid level by 1 and run the reaction normally if there is liquid underneath the workshop, otherwise, it should prevent the reagents from being used and produce no product.  Also comes with a magma version.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Justinian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2014, 02:15:30 am »

So when I call home, it says that nobody answered, then when I try it again, it pops up and says that a caravan is already underway.

Now I have caravans coming left and right. I have 3 of them here right now. I do like that the caravans will stack on one trade depot. Although I haven't been on DF for a few versions now so that might be something in the main game and not MWDF. I trapped a gnome caravan and dwarven caravan inside one depot and I'm building a screw pump system to flood them and kill them all. Just because.

It does take a bit of getting used to though now with the gnome machines to figure out which workshop/furnace produce what to get the overall desired piece, but it makes things very interesting.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2014, 08:14:45 am »

A whole lot of crazy good stuff here. You should make a more verbose first post when you have time, your Gnomes are amazing :3.

Do you mind if I use some of your scripts in Fallout mod? Full credits and endless appreciation will follow for sure :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2014, 09:03:39 am »

A whole lot of crazy good stuff here. You should make a more verbose first post when you have time, your Gnomes are amazing :3.

Do you mind if I use some of your scripts in Fallout mod? Full credits and endless appreciation will follow for sure :).

Sure, the machina script was intended for portability.  Some machines are even slightly raw-editable - this needs to be worked on better, but you can make a custom arc furnace variant for processing particular materials specific to your mod (no combining items or copying the material from the reagent, unfortunately), or edit the products that can be created by the furniture assembler/forge.

Dorenabel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2014, 02:35:29 pm »

I am not sure is it bug, feature or hidden secret fun, so i'll post it here. Is it normal to have gnomes like this ones?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Having bunch of those replacing each another on mayor position during diplomat visits annoying at least, it seems they have 100% xp bonus on every skill including social ones.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7