Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Without Rails: An Experimental SG  (Read 1176 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Without Rails: An Experimental SG
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:57:43 pm »

So, I've noticed recently that I have a nasty habit of railroading my forum games quite severely. In order to try and break this habit, I've decided to run a bit of an experiment. Essentially, a forum game with no predetermined plot whatsoever. The setting and protagonist will be determined by the players, in details as specific or vague as you like. So, where and who are you?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Without Rails: An Experimental SG
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 10:22:36 pm »

I am Gorzark a cyborg minotaur, curranty at the helm of my obletarater class star fighter, and enjoying the company of a green martian lady.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:56:58 pm »

Gorzark is a high-ranked warrior, and as such afforded such companions as her right. The pilotes divan (containg the wireless hookups to integrate with the ships AI-motorics) on which she rests is red velvet embroidered with scenes of battle in rare earth threads. She has 77 slick platinum tentackle implants, mostly for ritual combat but also of use, as they are right now, for "enjoying company". Other than her implants she's wearing nothing but a human-leather loincloth.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 12:13:50 am »

she's wearing nothing but a human-leather loincloth.

On her left forward lateral eyestalk. She never did have a clear understanding of clothing protocol.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:00:14 am »

We are Lightining Panther, a reploid. We are a highly ranked Maverick Hunter of the 4th Overland Unit, tasked with taking down infected Reploids and Mechilanoids. We are currently at the entrance of an Maverick Hunter base, waiting to receive our next assignment.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 01:33:35 pm »

That assignment, the grizzled Big Captain informs Lightning Panther, is to take out Gorzark AKA Two Horn AKA Scourge of the Stunbar Cluster. She has been charged with smuggling experimental nano-drugs that people say can cure an infected Reploid or Mechilanoid - but are clearly just anti-Imperial propaganda.

Arrest Gorzark, seize the illegal and certainly ineffective cargo, and eliminate any infected robotkind you find.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 01:39:41 pm »

This kind of thing doesn't go well for me. For examples of this thing going too far, see...well, most of my games really.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 09:02:46 pm »

Essentially, a forum game with no predetermined plot whatsoever.
Oh, hey, it's all the games I run!

I am Gorzark a cyborg minotaur, curranty at the helm of my obletarater class star fighter, and enjoying the company of a green martian lady.
Gorzak is also a psyker, and therefore has access to psychic mind bullets.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 09:52:12 pm »

And, like all sufficiently wealthy cyborgs, have mind-backups securely stored in darknets all over the galaxy, rendering her for all intents and purposes immortal.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 10:43:35 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy recently. Tomorrow one should be up, but it seems like every time I say that in one of my games, I'm suddenly swamped.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 07:03:15 pm »

You're enjoying the company of a local, who you met in a bar earlier today. She'd walked up to you and offered you a drink. She begins to take off her clothes, when suddenly she darts forwards. Suddenly, you have a new, large, metal addition to your jugular. Unfortunately, your jugular decides it doesn't quite care for the implant, and promptly starts bleeding profusely. You end up bleeding out (Leaking out?) before any of your crew gets to the room.
This kind of thing tends to happen quite a bit. Assassinations have actually almost become routine. What do you expect when you're part time bounty hunter, and part time black market trader? You're prepared, though, and you're mind and body are both backed up throughout the galaxy. Now, which one to go to? A nice swim on a water planet would be refreshing, or perhaps a visit to a more terran-like world? The tundras of Vyun are supposed to be nice around this time.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 07:06:30 pm »

Let's go see the Vyuni tundra. I think we have a contact we can see there for work, and work hasn't been as forthcoming as assassinations lately.