Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: One Way Heroics  (Read 27847 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: One Way Heroics
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2014, 04:42:36 pm »

Can you be an annoying twit in this game and die repeatedly with a bow equipped, thereby making it more likely bow equipped ghosts will spawn?
It's a game. Have fun.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2014, 05:15:47 pm »

Can you be an annoying twit in this game and die repeatedly with a bow equipped, thereby making it more likely bow equipped ghosts will spawn?

I believe you would have to change your name each time...someone on the forum was speculating same named users can't see their own ghosts. Also, seeing ghosts isn't guaranteed, so you might have more luck just pulling from the Vault.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »

Oh no, the entrance to the holy shrine is covered by mountains and I have no mountain climbing, whatever shall I do?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't know what else to do now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Maybe beat the game with all classes doing that?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2014, 10:12:55 pm »

Yup. Get to it :P

Save replays. People probably want to boggle in awe at your glory.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2014, 12:31:52 am »

I'm still yet to see any ghosts. :(
I'll start naming my characters on Bay12 Yoink, so that if I die and leave ghosts lying around y'all will know it's me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2014, 12:40:58 am »

I'm still yet to see any ghosts. :(
Do you have the online content turned off?
I haven't seen any either, and I have mine turned off.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2014, 12:48:44 am »

Nah, that's turned on. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2014, 12:59:35 am »

Huh. I just turned mine on, to see, and I got onto the Bay12 world, and around the 90 km mark, found a "Helen's ghost".
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2014, 01:14:02 am »

Really? Bah!

I just died to a garden variety bandit. Turns out my coat had fallen apart without me noticing, so I was running around in the nude. With a battleaxe. And, of course, a tri-corner hat worn at a jaunty angle on my head.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2014, 02:38:37 am »

Decided to pick this up myself. First game, knight in A Walk In The Park was a win. Found force user to be one of my favorites so far.

Managed to find a leather vest that has 2 Adamantite qualities, which is amazing. Over the course of a bard run that went on 800+ km, the suit lost maybe 8 durability. Unfortunately, that run ended when a phantom knight mysteriously was able to take 2 turns to my 1, and killed me with no recourse.

All in all, game seems kinda swingy so far and inventory is a huge hassle. Kinda wish smashing chests were viable with anything other than force flame and axes, as well. Still gonna keep playing though.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:42:10 am by Tally »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2014, 02:40:44 am »

Huh. I just turned mine on, to see, and I got onto the Bay12 world, and around the 90 km mark, found a "Helen's ghost".

My ghosts probably litter the dimension, given how many times I had to restart. I hazard to say I'm an ectoplasmic environmental problem.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2014, 03:07:57 am »

My ghosts probably litter the dimension, given how many times I had to restart. I hazard to say I'm an ectoplasmic environmental problem.
It would only do that if you named your ghosts a different name each time...which sounds interesting idea...keep dying with valuable items every 50 m with different names...might be a bit silly though.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2014, 08:54:28 am »

All in all, game seems kinda swingy so far and inventory is a huge hassle. Kinda wish smashing chests were viable with anything other than force flame and axes, as well. Still gonna keep playing though.
Full punch zenura heroes can one-round boxes, 2-3 round most non-elaborate chests, and 4-5 round those, almost immediately following their initial stripping. Can only guess later on into a long run they can squish them all in one flurry. Just pump up that strength, heh.

It mostly seems to be the crits, really. They cut armor, which is a big help vs. chests/walls/skeletons. An unarmed streaker hero has a base crit somewhere in the hundreds :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2014, 09:44:51 am »

so...you can pick the locks on sealed doors :o

I love you. Finally did adventurer on gruelling maniac thanks to lockpicking sealed doors.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2014, 09:59:32 am »

Full punch zenura heroes can one-round boxes, 2-3 round most non-elaborate chests, and 4-5 round those, almost immediately following their initial stripping. Can only guess later on into a long run they can squish them all in one flurry. Just pump up that strength, heh.

It mostly seems to be the crits, really. They cut armor, which is a big help vs. chests/walls/skeletons. An unarmed streaker hero has a base crit somewhere in the hundreds :P

Yep. I am pretty much experiencing this with my first Hero run. Oneshots everything including boxes, almost no exceptions. I'm at about 1900 km in but I'm so sleep deprived I'm taking a break for now and actually saving for once. I haven't been able to locate a holy weapon, unfortunately. This game just seems to go on forever when you're going the distance.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13