Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: One Way Heroics  (Read 27870 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: One Way Heroics
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2014, 12:08:40 am »

Well, you can use scrolls of repair, but that only repairs 50 durability and are freakishly rare (I've played 50+ games, completed 12, and only saw one). Scrolls of Jerry-rigging repair your weapon back to max durability (which depends on the weapon), but it then loses an extra one durability every 2 strikes. A second jerry-rigging means you'll lose two durability per strike.

Using quality whetstones will decrease durability attrition, meaning you get more bang for your buck.

You CAN remove the jerry-rigged effect by simply spamming effect-adding items, they'll replace another effect at random once a weapon has 10 effects on it.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2014, 12:10:22 am »

Also it's fully possible to get a weapon or armor to -100% damage taken if you get every single enchantment to be quality (or have sturdy/adamantine and then have free spaces left over), at which point it should become indestructible.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2014, 12:12:31 am »

T.T I've been playing for a bit and have been unable to beat the game OR find any epic armor.

Lucky guys. :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2014, 12:16:06 am »

Epic Armor found at the holy sites... Just gotta make sure you can open the chests...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2014, 12:28:51 am »

T.T I've been playing for a bit and have been unable to beat the game OR find any epic armor.

I've yet to obtain even a single holy/epic item.
You'll beat the game, just keep trying. Sometimes the game just screws you over.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

brifoss

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2014, 05:46:39 am »

I'm glad to hear that this game possesses such a system with these hero points. I'm far more likely to check the game out as a result.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2014, 08:34:50 am »

There's not much to do with your points at the moment. There's a handful of classes and perks, which can be unlocked through play or with points. Hopefully a few more get added - I've nearly got everything unlocked and I've only done five or six plays.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2014, 09:42:53 am »

There's not much to do with your points at the moment. There's a handful of classes and perks, which can be unlocked through play or with points. Hopefully a few more get added - I've nearly got everything unlocked and I've only done five or six plays.
With a pricetag like this, I expect the game to have tons of add-ons and DLC for low prices. I certainly wouldn't blame the creator :)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2014, 10:22:12 am »

Still worth it with the price tag alone...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Chronomancer

• Bay Watcher
  • save.us_Y2J
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2014, 10:48:32 am »

Is the game finished, or are there going to be updates?
I LOST THE GAME

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2014, 10:58:12 am »

The Hero class is so much fun. It makes you really think about what you're doing in combat (more than normal).

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2014, 11:41:28 am »

... I'll have to try it on higher difficulties, I guess. Just flat dropped the apocalypse thing with a full-wrassler nudist hero. There was no thinking, only punches.

And everything died. Violently. Last round of awakened damage on the demon lord clocked somewhere over 750 damage, iirc. Crit rate was something silly like 130%. I was actually one-rounding wooden walls with my bare hands, by the end of it.

Seriously though, that much raw damage being flung around means the defensive issues are pretty ignorable. It's hard to surround a critter when they're killing off one thing (and maybe more, if a spear is involved) per turn, every turn (except vs. skeletons and golems but that's what the axe is for.).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2014, 12:21:10 pm »

even higher difficulties...demon lord falls really fast to a hero with 5 perks in fists.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2014, 12:31:13 pm »

I've yet to obtain even a single holy/epic item.
You'll beat the game, just keep trying. Sometimes the game just screws you over.
Go to the "enter your own world" option at the start and type in "Bay12". There are 3 holy shrines in the first 107 km or so (two on the top and one near the bottom) so just dimensional vault in some keys and you'll be good to go. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2014, 04:29:34 pm »

Been having a look at this in let's plays. It looks good. I'll probably pick it up on Tuesday, even at the non-bargain price.

Looks like hording keys of the seal might be handy early-on due to their multi-use nature, especially for new random dimensions. They're light, they can get you nice gear, and they're worth a ton of silver if you really need something from a vendor.

Well I'd keep them and all that nice epic gear. I guess they'd just be placeholders in the vault, except you can trade them in for early cash if you want. Sort of like a free "wealthy" perk.
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13